“Quad Cities Overnight” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Moline

You added Motel 6 Moline to your Saves list
Motel 6 Moline
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2501 52nd Ave, Moline, IL 61265 (Formerly Super 8 Moline)   |
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Moline
Mukwonago
“Quad Cities Overnight”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I reserved this motel via the 1-800 number on my way to the Quad cities. I was looking for anything in the Quad Cities area at a reasonable price. The operator started pricing me at around $79 and I kept requesting a lower more reasonable rate using AARP or Wyndam Rewards member or whatever. She got the price down to $59.00 but when I was about to hang up she found a special promotion for $49 + tax per night and I took it.
Only problem with the room was the shower head only provided about 10% of the water out of the head and 90% out of the trub spout when I tried to take a shower. I complained about this fact (I can't believe somebody hadn't complained about it before today) and the desk clerk took $10.00 off of the room rate after a litle coaxing.
The breakfast selection was nothing to write home about. Sweet rolls wrapped in cellophane at best. Internet access in the "business center" (a desk in the breakfast area) was very, very slow and I was dropped out of my simple email program 3 times until I gave up. I would not recommend this motel to anybody until some remodeling is done.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
MIDDLEBURG
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Stayed a total of 2 nights after delivering a new Dodge ram to a customer in the area. Shower pressure in my room was dismall but the rest of the room was just fine. I was literally exhausted when I arrived Thursday evening on the 27th and slept around the clock. Staff was 1 of my top 5 that will bring me back as they went way beyond the norm in taking care of me! I also witnessed this same treatment to other guests as well. Nice to see such caring folks who enjoy their work and get along with 1 another. I left a sleeping bag in the room and I will be in touch to retrieve it shortly. I was well rested to fly out on Saturday morning! Thanks again! Chris Stumler, Room 111

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

The manager, staff, and housekeepers at Super 8 Moline have been very pleasant, helpful, and courteous during our stay here. They have cheerfully helped us with any need that we had.
The rate we received was excellent and the room was well maintained, comfortable, and clean. We slept very well and were not disturbed. And Super 8 has 20% discount voucher for Dennys that is right next door. So, we were very well taken care of.
A special thank you to Jacqueline and Debra for making this a pleasant, enjoyable stay.

Lima, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Bed very comfortable, nice breakfast and friendly/helpful staff. Only complaint would be a rather strong odor upon entry to the non smoking room and the small bathroom. Nice variety of TV channels and motel is within a short walking distance of a shopping mall if you wish to shop or get some exercise.

Room Tip: Any of the rooms are ok.
Center Point, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Needed an overnight stay before an early flight out of the Quad Cities airport. Arrived at midnight following a high school football game and had a very pleasant experience checking in. I had booked through the corporate sight and reserved a queen room but there were none actually available so I was set up with a double bed in a nonsmoking room which was ok. The room was clean and comfortable. Got up at 430, took a quick shower in the adequate bathroom and checked out in no time flat. Definitely not the overall nicest place one could stay but it met my needs for the night.

Room Tip: I would book room directly from hotel to make sure you get what you want.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I don't usually make hotel comments, but my husband & I and our 6 yr old stayed here Saturday night. After being in the room for an hour, i found a wet, used towel behind the bathroom door. It made me wonder what else had not been cleaned. I mentioned it to the front desk and she said she would "leave a note" for housekeeping. After paying $72 for a hotel stay i expect more than that. This hotel is NOT 3 stars and has not been updated in at least 20 years. We woke up feeling dirty, disgusting and ripped off. I will be telling all my friends to avoid Super 8 and am surprised that Super 8 isn't more interested in trying to keep business by listening to it's customers complaints. This was the worst hotel experience we have ever had.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

I stayed here several times during my transition to the Quad Cities in January. I returned for a night after learning my AC broke during a record breaking heat wave. I have stayed in many 4 and 5 star hotels threw the years. This my first budget hotel.... hey the price was right and close to my new job. Honestly the staff was the nicest I've ever run into. The rooms aren't completely updated but very clean. I talked with a few of the cleaning crew members and each one took great pride in their jobs. 2 of my 5place stays I had a little trouble w the TV. They immediately came and walked me threw it. I highly recommend this hotel, its staff are wonderful, very clean rooms, and a great location from the airport or if your just passing threw.

• Stayed July 2012
, Manager at Motel 6 Moline, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Hello -

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review about your recent stay here at the Super 8 Moline.

It is our sincere goal to provide each guest with clean comfortable accommodations during their stay.

We greatly appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit.

Once again, thank you for the review.

Brent McRae

Been to Motel 6 Moline? Share your experiences!