“Good value hotel in good safe area.” 3 of 5 stars

Super 8 Mokena/Frankfort/I-80
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   9485 W. 191st. St, Mokena, IL 60448   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Mokena
Homewood, IL
“Good value hotel in good safe area.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I was shopping price and this hotel was by far the cheapest in the Mokena/Orland/Tinley area. It's a value hotel, the room was clean and everything I needed. There was a little bit of a funky smell but I bought a little air freshener and it was fine. Other than that it was clean and I had no problems. Breakfast was a little sparse, but I got a coffee and bagel and my daughter had cereal, toast and juice. The location of this hotel is good. Close to I-80 and restaurants etc. It's a safe neighborhood as well.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

113 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

I come here every year..the location is great when I come and see my family in the area...The staff is always wonderful, The Breakfast is descent i mean They have different things bagels, toast, english muffins, cereal, oatmeal..I mean what more can you ask for. and the price is great. I will always come back.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

I come here every week for 2 or 3 days. The staff is awesome they are always friendly and try to help you in any way they can. The price is great. i pay about $48 u pay for what you get.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012 via mobile

Terrible service
Juice machine didnt work
Great start breakfast was lousy! Not many choices!
Wondered if the bedding was even clean
Clock not even plugged in
Couldn't find the hot water for the three packets of oatmeal left out for one of the choices (this was 1/2 hour after opened)
Help said he couldn't look up Wyndham rewards number for me

• Stayed March 2012

Travelers are raving about these Mokena hotels

Gaylord, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Stayed 4 nights here. The price was fine, but the property is not maintained well (outside, mostly) and the housekeepers couldn't seem to remember to leave towels in the room 2 days or change the sheets the 2nd night, as we requested. The most noticable thing, from my point of view, was that the desk staff was not friendly any of the times we had the occasion to speak with them. Breakfast was also quite meager. It is an older property, but if a low price is your most important criteria, then you will get what you pay for.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Coal Valley, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

We stayed one night and that was enough! The grosses hotel I have ever been to! Stained sheets stained towel and it smells so bad! Beware!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Milton, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

My husband and 2 children ages 5 & 7 decided to stay in Tinely Park for a family event. We knew we would only need the hotel for sleeping and we didn't see a reason to spend extra for a better hotel. The other hotels in Tinley were wanting a 2 night minimum because it was a concert weekend. A room is a room and we'll be fine for just one night. Boy were we wrong! We stay in hotels quite often because all of our family is out-of -town and we also just like to travel. We checked in and we went to the room for a short time to change clothes. It looked clean enough and surprisingly did not smell like cigarette smoke. When we arrived back a the hotel to go to sleep for the night, I couldn't believe the condition of the sheets and the blanket. I asked for flat sheets to put over the blanket so we didn't have to touch it. Everything just looked very old. They are really due for some updating at this hotel. It was very quite when we went to bed at around 10:30. That all changed later in the night when we were first woken by a fight and then again by pounding at our door. My husband and I jumped out of bed so quickly as if there was a fire or some emergency. Just someone pounding on the wrong door at 1:00 in the morning. We both had a terrible night sleep and both of us mentioned in the middle the night that we would not ever stay at a cheapy hotel again. It is worth it to pay at bit more for the things we never really think twice about in the other hotels we have stayed in. We went out for breakfast. The breakfast in the lobby looked fine considering the price of the hotel. Bananas, bagels cereal and juice. We probably wouldn't have had as bad of an experience if it weren't for the others being so rude in the middle of the night. That wasn't the hotel's fault but that is kind of what is expected when you stay at a lower priced hotel. A lesson learned.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Super 8 Mokena/Frankfort/I-80? Share your experiences!