“Best pork chop I've ever eaten” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 35 Restaurants in Midlothian
Cuisines: American
Chicago, Illinois
“Best pork chop I've ever eaten”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Visited the restaurant for the first time on a Friday evening around 5:00 and it was already busy. We followed employee directions and ordered and paid at the counter where they assign you a number for your table. As we walked over to the drink machine to pour our drinks we heard the waitress call out our number and she placed our pork chop dinners down at the table where they displayed our number...wow! We laughed at how quickly the food arrived (literally a minute) considering the larger crowd but it is obvious that they have an efficient kitchen and staff. The pork chops were excellent, the best we have ever eaten. The restaurant reminds me of a north woods lodge in Wisconsin and from the person greeting you at the door, the order taker, wait staff and bus staff, all were extremely courteous and efficient (they were all working their butts off for customers). Highly recommended as the food is excellent and very affordable. We'll be back soon!

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Chicago
“Best pork chop I ever had.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I work a couple of towns over from where Hog Wild is located. Several times I've stopped there and had either lunch or dinner. The food is very good but the pork chops are out of this world. Word to the wise.....The place is very busy for lunch and dinner so plan on arriving sooner or later than the lunch/dinner crowd. The price is a little more than fast food and most other places but the food is well worth it. It has a "woodsy" atmosphere but I've gone with friends, famly, solo and even taken a date there because she didn't believe how good the pork chops were....she knows now.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Indiana
“Saw on Check Please...met all expectations...Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Saw the restaurant reviewed on Check Please...and said okay, we have to try that one. The place in beautiful and wow are they on top of service, cleanliness, and of course the oink! We ordered at the counter and it was baby back rib night, so we got that and one of the famous porkchops. Our food was delivered to our table before we had even completely settled in at the table. Everything was excellent. Can't wait to go back and try some chicken and hit a night when they have the brisket. Took a footlong cheese dog home to our son...we still can't believe it was only $3.50...in a suburb of Chicago...unheard of! Very impressed...from the front counter staff, busboy, and a young man that opened the door on the way out and wished us a Happy Thanksgiving. They seem very customer oriented. Thanks for a great experience.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Oak Forest, Illinois
“Wild for Hog Wild”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Food was excellent, price was right. We were ordering take out, the service was fast and friendly. The pork chops traveled well, they were hot when we got home.

Visited October 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Thanks, "Check, Please!"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We saw a recent review on "Check, Please!" for Hog Wild and decided to take a drive after church last Saturday. So did a LOT of other people. They actually had someone directing traffic in the parking lot and a line out the door. The owner was outside and was telling people that if they wanted to-go orders, they should utilize the large outdoor menus and call it in to save time.

All that said, the line moved quickly and we were soon out of the cold (about 10-15 mins.). We then waited another 5 minutes or so inside before being queued to the register, where you'd better have your order ready. Upon ordering, you're directed to a table and literally by the time we sat down our food arrived. The interior decor was homey, like a log cabin, and they had large flat-screen TVs with the Notre Dame game on -- a great bonus for my college-aged son. The food was fantastic and reasonably priced ($30 for three with soft drinks). My husband and I had the huge pork chop and my son had chicken tenders. The oven brown potatoes were great.

The cons: Of course, the crowd, but what can you expect with great, affordable food that's been endorsed on local TV like crazy? The other caution is that it is CASH ONLY. Although there are signs outside and in, we didn't know before we arrived. There's an ATM inside, but rather than risk the fees, my husband went and found another bank nearby while we waited in line. Also, the online menu differed from the actual one available at the restaurant. So, although I had my mind made up on the side I wanted, it was no longer available.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere