“One of our favorite local restaurants” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #39 of 98 Restaurants in McHenry
McHenry, Illinois
“One of our favorite local restaurants”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

My husband and I visit After the Fox 2-4 times a month. We love their fish options on Friday nights. I'm not a big fan of fried fish but my husband is and they always have other fish options available for me. Their soups are homemade and wonderful! We enjoy their burgers and have had great prime rib. We tried their Sunday brunch and honestly were not impressed so I recommend lunch or dinner here. It is a very casual restaurant with a nice view of the river and docks for those who are boating. There is one large outdoor table, but we usually sit inside and enjoy the view. If you go on Friday or Saturday night ask for Cheryl. She always takes excellent care of us.

• Visited September 2013

McHenry, Illinois
“McHenry Staple”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

One of the first places my husband took me for breakfast after getting married was here. Tiny restaurant with quite a history in McHenry. Breakfast is always fast and yummy with friendly staff

Visited July 2013
Woodstock, IL
“Great for a casual evening out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

My husband and I joined 2 friends at this restaurant for dinner. The atmosphere is not fancy but nice. The waitress was very attentive. I had their rib dinner which was good; not outstanding like in the city of Chicago, but tender and very meaty. My husband had a steak, which was also good though a little salty. We had a table by the window so that we could look out at the Fox River, which was nice. We will definitely return here.

• Visited July 2013
Twin Lakes, Wisconsin
“Nice atmosphere, great scenery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Sitting right on the river. Large deck but seemed to be only one big table out there. View from
inside table was excellent watching boats go by. Service was good and friendly. Italian beef and tator tot special on my day, very good. Mainly a bar atmosphere with tables to serve food, but it works in this setting. Try the lemonade!

• Visited July 2013