I think all the negative reviews are from a sour ex-employee because the dining experience was pleasant. After reading all the reviews with such extreme differences I had to try this place for myself. Here is a breakdown of my experience.
1. Dined on Friday night, 6pm.
2. Seated immediately, although there were several people waiting when we left at 7:30pm
3. Server filled our water glasses immediately.
4. Waiter took our drink and meal order promptly.
5. Fresh bread came straight from the oven to our table, where we had olive oil and parm cheese to make our own dipping sauce.
6. Drinks came quickly (wine/beer).
7. My salad had fresh spring mix with fresh diced carrot, onion, and tomato.
8. Our food was piping hot (eggplant parm and seafood linguini) and was good quality (I had leftovers).
9. Ordered canoli to go.
Only negative comments would be:
1. Only one soup selection, chicken noodle, not really what I want at an italian place.
2. Canoli was actually 3 mini canolis and I didn't see a dessert menu with prices.
3. I'm not sure how much the canolis were as the bill came as one total.
4. The bill came with 18% gratuity included for two people. Probably because we used a groupon and they get a lot of people who only tip on the remaining balance. Unfortunately he lost out on additional tip from those who do tip on the overall total.
I will go back there again. The place was great for a quiet conversation over dinner.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.