“OK place” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn and Suites Mattoon

You added Baymont Inn and Suites Mattoon to your Saves list
Baymont Inn and Suites Mattoon
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   206 McFall Road, Mattoon, IL 61938 (Formerly Fairfield Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Mattoon
GreenLeadersSilver level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Dumfries, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I admit, pulling up to the property I was unimpressed. Going in, the elevator could have been much cleaner. I wasn't getting a good feeling. But then I went into the room. It was spotless and, although quite small, well appointed for the size. Yes, there were signs of wear and tear, but as the entire 3rd floor was closed for renovations, it was apparent that the room would be refurbished as well.

The husband and I stayed at this property for 6 nights, although we had originally planned for 3. The front desk staff was always helpful and friendly, and doing the necessary extensions was never a problem for them. At the first extension, neither the clerk nor I thought to get new room keys, so we were locked out. This was easily resolved.

Breakfast was decent; nothing special. Again, however, the staff was friendly and made sure that the items remained stocked and the area was kept clean. A plus for me was that coffee was always available in the lobby and it was always hot and fresh. As thermoses were used for this purpose, I surmise that these thermoses were regularly emptied and refillled with fresh and hot coffee. When in need of an afternoon caffeine hit, this was perfect. The room had a small coffee maker, but I never used it, preferring to just get what I wanted in the lobby.

Neither of us used the pool, but although our room was just above and across the hall from it, there was no lingering chlorine odor. This has been a problem in other hotels.

I would stay in this Baymont Inn again, if in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
NewMidwestHotels, Director of Sales at Baymont Inn and Suites Mattoon, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your feeback! We appreciate your patronage and are so happy you extended your stay with us. I do apologize that the elevator was not clean during your visit, I know with construction on the third floor it is a high traffic area as they are taking supplies up to complete the renovations. I will be sure the housekeepers keep up on it. I am excited to hear that the staff was friendly during your six nights here and made sure to go the extra mile to make your experience the best possible. We do hope that if you are ever in the area again, you stay with us here at the Baymont Inn & Suites of Mattoon, Illinois.

Hannah Bugle
Burlington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Baymont took care of me when super 8 wouldn''t. Huge loud party at super 8, the clerk would do nothing to stop it. The noise was so loud, i couldn't even watch tv in my room. so i checked out and went to baymont. WOW! what a difference for the same price! Very nice. More like Hampton Inn than Super 8. Very nice quiet room, hot breakfast, and nice staff. Will stay there every time now. Bye, Bye Super 8!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Steven,

We are so glad that you ventured over to the Baymont Inn & Suites while you were in Mattoon. I am very happy that we were able to give you a comfortable and quiet night's sleep. We do hope that you come visit us again soon. Thank you for your review!

Hannah Bugle

Been to Baymont Inn and Suites Mattoon? Share your experiences!