“Smelly Room” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Smelly Room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

We stayed on the first floor and they were accommodating on check in since we were a hour ahead of schedule! For that I was thankful but the roomy was smelly and I should have complained about that! Just didn't take the time so that's my fault for not complaining!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

GM-MTOIL, General Manager at Hampton Inn Mattoon, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. On behalf of the entire staff here at the Mattoon Hampton Inn, we apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at our hotel. Our team failed to make your stay a comfortable and enjoyable experience. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit, we will meet or exceed your expectations.

Hampton Inn - Mattoon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Overall, the hotel was great and I enjoyed my stay. The room and bathroom were very clean. The breakfast had a large selection, but the eggs could have been better. I would recommend this hotel to others.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. Any feedback we receive from our guests is greatly appreciated. We are glad you were satisfied with the cleanliness of our hotel which is always our goal here at the Mattoon Hampton Inn. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again the next time you travel to the Mattoon area.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

After traveling in snow out conditions, I was disappointed to find I made reservations off my traveled route. I called to cancel and they transferred my call to a stay on my route. I arrived at the Hampton Inn and was greeted with a very helpful clerk and had a handicap room located by the desk. My stay was very comfortable and I felt the security of my room because I was traveling alone. I had breakfast and was well on my way. Thank-you for making a stressful trip a comfortable experience. I would recommend Hampton Inn to everyone.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

GM-MTOIL, General Manager at Hampton Inn Mattoon, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you for writing a review of our property! We always appreciate hearing from our guests. I'm glad to see we were able to provide great customer service to alleviate some of the stress from traveling in snowy conditions. On behalf of the entire staff at the Mattoon Hampton Inn, we would like to thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again if you ever come back to the area.

Lake Zurich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Visited here for a weekend visit of the Eastern Illinois University campus. The hotel is about 10 miles miles from campus, but on the same road, so easy to get to. Location is good, right off the interstate. Hotel and rooms are clean and well maintained. Has free wi-fi and one of the better continental breakfast varieties and quality of these types of hotels.The only negative was that our shower on-off handle was very fussy and sticky, but certainly an easy fix. If you need a place to stay in the Matoon- Charleston are, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
GM-MTOIL, General Manager at Hampton Inn Mattoon, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Our goal is to ensure every guest has a great experience when they stay here at the Mattoon Hampton Inn. I hope you and your family also enjoyed your campus visit. We appreciate the feedback and hope to see your family if you are back in the area!

Vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Too expensive for just a room. No fridge or micro for $110? I am required to have at least 200 characters to post this review so I am continuing to write even though I have already said what I wanted to say about this hotel. I hope that at this point that I have fulfilled the 200 character requirement and now can post my short yet informative opinion of the Mattoon Hampton.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our property. Every review only helps us to improve. I'm sorry your room rate and lack of refrigerator negatively impacted your stay. We do have some rooms with refrigerators and microwaves in them. If none of those rooms are available, we do have extra refrigerators upon request. All anyone has to do is ask and we will be happy to accommodate. Please consider giving us another chance if you are ever in the area again.

Dyer, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

We needed a play to stay overnight for a college campus visit. The hotel was very clean, our room was spotless, bed/bedding very comfortable. The staff was very helpful and very polite. We will definitely stay again if we need to be in the area. The hotel is near many restaurants and shopping. Great place!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for writing a review about our property. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope your daughter enjoyed her campus visit and is still considering attending EIU. If you think of anything else you would like to share, please do not hesitate to call and speak with me directly. Thank you for choosing the Mattoon Hampton Inn and we hope you visit again soon!

Sherwood, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

This is a great hotel. Staff was helpful from when we called from the road to get off before a storm to when we checked out. The rooms are pretty spacious with nice furnishings. And the breakfast that included small omelets and bacon was good. The breakfast area is a lot nicer than most. We did not use the pool but it looked good and the folks in it were having fun.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for writing a review regarding your recent stay with us. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We are happy to see you were satisfied with your entire stay. I'm glad to see our "Hamptonality" shine through. Thank your for staying with us and we hope to see you again the next time you are in our area.

Hampton Inn - Mattoon

Been to Hampton Inn Mattoon? Share your experiences!