“Great Stay..Clean Hoten” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 8 hotels in Mattoon
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Stay..Clean Hoten”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel during a recent visit to Eastern Illinois University. We were pleasantly surprised with this hotel. The service was excellent. Everyone was very nice and helpful and the rooms were spotless. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Latonya_13, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
We want to thank you for choosing our hotel during your visit to EIU. Our 2 time award winning hotel and staff are honored to be a host hotel for all EIU guests. Thank you again for all your kind words! I am pleased to share your review with our staff here at the Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center! We look forward to seeing you again! :)

90 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel wasn't the worst I've stayed in but it wasn't the best. The rooms are very typical for a chain hotel. It seems clean. The free breakfast isn't my favorite. I'd rather spend $5 at the McDonalds across the street. The staff was friendly. It does have a pool but I never went swimming. The workout room looked nice but I didn't have time to use it. I have stayed here 3 times now because It's a good rate.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Latonya_13, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
We strive to be the best hotel in the area. We appreciate all your business and thank you for choosing to continue to let us be your #1 choice when traveling into the Mattoon area! :) We hope that on your future visits with us you get the opportunity to utilize our state of the art fitness center as well as our outdoor heated pool. Thank you so much for all your feedback! We look forward to seeing you again!
Woodridge, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We were recently stranded with many others in a snow storm along in Central Illinois and ended up at this motel for over 24 hours. Our room seemed new and very clean, as were the common areas. I can't say enough positive things about the level of customer service - the staff all went out of their way to make sure that everyone was taken care of and that the facility stayed clean. Breakfast was great - eggs, sausage, bacon, waffles, and the standard cereal, pastries, yogurt, toast, etc. I especially liked that the coffee and hot tea station was available 24 hours. My family thanks the staff of this Quality Inn for making an unfortunate circumstance turn into an enjoyable experience! Would highly recommend this facility

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Our 2 time award winning staff were honored to be your winter wonderland oasis! It sure was an active snow storm, however we had wonderful guests and everybody helped make this an enjoyable experience! :) We can not thank you enough for all your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again!
Schaumburg, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The hotel is awesome, with brand new rooms and a friendly staff. The suite I stayed in was spacious, had new appliances in kitchen and one of the most comfortable bed I have slept in.
I would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it to everyone who is considering staying in the Matton area.

Room Tip: All rooms should be quiet since hotel is located in a quiet area, but I liked the the 2nd floor suit...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for all your kind words! :) We would be honored to have you stay with us again and look forward to it!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

My exhausted family arrived at 4 am, looking for a clean place to stay for a couple of hours before getting back on the road. Paul, the Owner, was very friendly, full of energy and very accommodating of my large family, including an uncle who uses a wheel chair. The entire staff was friendly, professional.

The Suite was awesome-large and clean-and the beds were comfortable. I could swear that I didn't move a muscle the entire night. When the sun came up we stayed much longer than we originally planned. We utilized the fitness center, ate a hearty, hot and FREE breakfast, sat in the room and chatted, then slowly and reluctantly packed our van to get back on the road.

Because of my wonderful experience at the Mattoon, IL location I will now be a loyal Quality Inn guest. I hope all Quality Inns are are as wonderful as this because the Mattoon location has set the bar very high.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Latonya_13, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
The staff here at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center would like to thank you for all your kind words! We are a 2 time award winning hotel and we take pride in all we do and we sure could not be where we are with out guests like you! So we thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review. We look forward to seeing you again during all your travels.
Pompano Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We picked this hotel because they were pet friendly and the snow storm was due at any time. We have not stayed at a Quality Inn in a number of years but I think we are going to have to try again. We had to stay an additional night and what a nice port in the storm it was. Beds and pillows were very comfy, shower was fantastic and the breakfast was good. The rooms were spacious, flat screen TV and a nice seleciton of channels (yes, this can be important when laying over an extra day and bad weather). What more could you want. The staff was pleasant, we told the maid no need to make up the room, just needed extra towels and shampoo which were brought immediately though there was no rush.
The location is a bit off the interstate and in an area that is developing but that is how all new locations begin.

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the back room, pet friendly room of course. Preference is always on the back si...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Quality inn & Suites Conference Center would like to thank you so much for your fine review! We aim to please all our guests, there for it makes us extremely happy to hear how pleased you were with our hotel as well as our 2 time award winning staff! We strive for perfection. We also understand that animals are not only pets to us, but also family. I am pleased you were able to bring along your pet and still have comfort all in one place. We sure hope to see you all again!
Kansas City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

My family stayed here for 4 nights. The hotel has new furnishings and has been remodeled. However, it has some fundamental problems.

Since we were there visiting family, we left the room daily around 9:00 AM. Upon returning to the room after the first night, we discovered that the room had not been cleaned or serviced at all. I went to the front desk and the owner of the hotel was very apologetic and gave us fresh towels for the next day. No big deal...accidents happen, people miscommunicate, etc. EXCEPT It happened EVERY day of our stay. It never got cleaned, or serviced because the staff leaves each afternoon.

Each night we complained. The owner apologized, and we grew more frustrated. Keep in mind, this new hotel has about 7 cars staying here each night. How hard could it be to make a cleaning list and check-off each room until they are all cleaned?

Since the hotel is so vacant, there is rarely a staff member at the front desk. There is a phone with instructions to call for an attendant. Again, no big deal, except they DON'T ANSWER. After our 3rd night of absent housekeeping, I went to the front desk and couldn't find anyone in the building at all. Finally I started wandering into EMPLOYEE ONLY offices and found the owner at an office that gets the front desk page. Hello? "Mr. owner, you have a client at your front desk...shh....be quiet, maybe he won't find you in your office.?"

This place is on a deserted side of town also. Nearby trailer park and other abandoned motels from the 70's surround the area.

Corporate Quality Inn is not any better. After booking direct on their site, I found a lower rate on ORBITZ. I turned in a rate guarantee form and it was rejected because it took them 2 days to process it. By that time the ORBITZ rate had gone up. Many other sites were cheaper too, but Quality Inn waited for the 72 hour timeframe to respond, so I couldn't resubmit another claim.

The rooms are nice for the price. Stay here if you want a "do it yourself" experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center? Share your experiences!