“Was not first choice, but will be in the future!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book a Business Package
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Matteson
Markham, Illinois
“Was not first choice, but will be in the future!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

When my husband and myself were looking for hotels to stay at for out date night, this was not the first choice. It seemed over priced and small from the outside. When we arrived we were greeted with smiles and the staff helped us immediately. We did not have reservations and all the surrounding hotels were booked.
We checked into the Hotel Tub Suite and it was beautiful! The room was huge, way bigger than I had imagined. The Hotel Tub was perfect for a romantic evening. They had a large selection of cable channels and the front desk was available all evening to assist us with anything that we needed (ie; we ordered delivery and forgot to ask for utensils).
I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Whether for business or travel. It is worth the extra money to stay somewhere you are welcomed.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Brandy T, Public Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Matteson, responded to this review, October 17, 2011
Thank you for the kind review. I am glad that you enjoyed your suite. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
south suburbs
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2011

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE!!!! The WORST EXPERIENCE of my life in a hotel setting. RUDE customer service guest, NON ENGLISH SPEAKING cleaning ladies and unclean rooms, pool area, & definitely hot tub. I had to stay at this hotel for a week, the rooms were barely cleaned out, they don't mop your bathroom floors nor vacuum your rooms out on a daily basis, you contact the staff thinking that something would be done & they refer back to arguing, sighing, rolling eyes, etc. The High speed internet IS a JOKE so no NEXFLIX OR GAME SYSTEM" the didn't have hot water on numerous nights & was told that a hot water tank was broke but never fixed. The white lady at the front desk thought it was appropriate to keep calling all of the African American guest "sista's which was very offensive!!!! KEEP AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL "HORRIBLE-HORRIBLE-HORRIBLE!!!!!!"

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I apologize for any bad customer service that you received. We are an equal opportunity employer, so we try to employ a multicultural staff. We will look into the cleaning, we try to have very clean and comfortable rooms for our guests. I do apologize if our front desk clerk was offensive. We encourage our staff to interact with our guests in a fun and enjoyable way.
Indianapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

When visiting Chicago, I usually look for suburban motels with a decent restaurant and a gas station adjacent. Country Inn & Suites met one of those criteria (both Cracker Barrel and Olive Garden were easy walks from the motel), but I think that I will try another place next time.
The facility was above average. The rooms are good (we stayed in a 2nd floor room with two queen beds--I LOVE motels that replace their two doubles with two queens!) with microwave and fridge. Free high-speed wireless is available throughout, and they have a small business center with available computer and printer in the lobby. The pool area was nice. Parking was adequate and seemed to be safe. The one facility problem was that our room was directly above the pool, so we had a constant drone of the ventilation fan motor. It was great for white noise, but I have to mark them down for the nuisance. Sure, I could have requested another room, but it wasn't a safety issue, and I wanted to review them as they presented themselves.
Breakfast was good with a decent selection, including scrambled eggs, hot gravy, and a waffle iron.
The staff was decent overall. The front desk staff was very helpful. The housekeeping staff, however, wouldn't even move their carts to let me back into my room. They weren't cleaning my room; they were just standing around talking. I finally squeezed by the cart that was parked right in front of my door (with the maid leaning up against it). That was ridiculous. Someone needs to explain to them that the guests are not just inconveniences.

I would stay there again, but only if I can't find a better alternative.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I wish you would of told us about the noise, so that we could have gotten you a new room. We are sorry for our cleaning staff not letting you by. We will address this problem so that it wont happen in the future. We are glad that you enjoyed the room. We are also glad that you had a pleasant experience with our front desk staff. We hope that you will give us another try in the future.
Lucas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

I found this hotel to be very clean and comfortable. I booked on Priceline and didn't see the hotel name until after I had already purchased my stay so after seeing the reviews I was nervous. But I liked the hotel very much and only had one issue in that housekeeping missed my room on the first day. My room was clean, comfortable, and the carpet looked new (I even checked behind the curtains out of curiosity and it was spotless). Hotel staff was helpful and polite. Breakfast was good. Location was great with good shops and restaurants very close by. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Brandy T, Public Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Matteson, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
Thank you for sharing your experience. We are always glad to hear from our happy guests.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2010

We don't stay at hotels but maybe once a year. This hotel was very clean and welcoming. The staff greeted us right away and completed our check in so we could get to our room. The exercise room was well equiped and clean. The pool was clean and the water temperature, perfect. We would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I am glad that you chose us for your yearly hotel stay.
Minneapolis, MN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

We needed a room that was a suite to accommodate us and our two year old. The layout is fine, though it would have been better had the bathroom been in the bedroom instead of the living room. The room was dirty. There were plastic wrappers on the floor, under the bed. There were crumbs and trash under the tables in the living room. The air conditioner in the hallway directly outside our room leaked, and the floor all around the door was soaking wet. They put out a couple fans. Breakfast options are very good. This was a plus for the hotel. Location was fine. Never felt unsafe or out of our element. Just didn't feel like the room was necessarily somewhere we wanted to walk barefoot.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Brandy T, Public Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Matteson, responded to this review, October 31, 2011
Thank You for your review. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to make sure that our future guests have clean rooms and ensure that there is no leaking from the air conditioners.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2010

I won a one night stay through Priceline so I set my expectations low. The room was actually better than expected, very clean and I would've been more than happy with my stay and would've gladly booked again had not the following things occurred.
At about 10:30AM, there was a knock at the door and before I got to it, the maid opened it. I told her no, thank you and put out the Do Not Disturb sign. About 10 minutes later, her manager ( I guess) came to the door and did the same thing, I came to the door just as he opened it and told me that the Carpet cleaning crew needed to come in and clean the carpet, they only come once a year and they need to get in right now, they will only be a few minutes. I explained that my husband was still asleep and we were not even dressed yet. This couldn't wait until we checked out? He went away.
About 10 minutes later, the phone rang. Now the guy at the front desk was telling me that I "HAVE" to let them in so they can clean the carpet. I replied absolutely not, we are in the process of getting dressed. I have stayed at a lot of hotels and never have I been told that I HAVE to let someone in when I am saying that we are not dressed yet. This man was rude and had no business being the manager of anything. Not once did he even say it nicely and apologize for the inconvenience. We then rushed to get dressed and check out. I don't appreciate being rushed and planned to let them know that I was not happy when I went to the front desk to check out. The same man was at the front desk and again, he did not apologize and really did not seem to get it. I would've been more than compliant if they would've warned nicely at anytime prior to opening the door. A simple statement that they expect carpet cleaners in the morning would've been nice when I checked in or even a courtesy call at 7 or 8AM that morning would have been much better received than just barging in and telling me what i now suddenly HAVE to do.
The service at this point left me very disappointed. Someone should teach them a simple phrase used all the time in the world - "We're sorry for the inconvenience but..." Just that would've even worked wonders.
So they ruined a stay that I was prepared to say was pretty decent considering all other options. I had already overlooked that these were the noisiest rooms I had ever been in, you could hear every step, no sound barriers at all. Forget the highway noise, even a 10 year old child sounds like a herd of elephants walking around there.
The one plus was the super soft towels, they're the size of a hand towel practically but at least they're soft.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for leaving your feedback. I apologize for your experience. We have recently made several changes to provide only the best customer service and the most comfortable stay possible.

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Matteson? Share your experiences!