“Exceptional service and clean room” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   20920 Matteson Avenue, Matteson, IL 60443   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Matteson
Charleston, IL
“Exceptional service and clean room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This Hampton has recently been doing updating and remodeling and our King room was in excellent shape-everything fresh and comfortable bed with clean everything. However, the reason for the 5 stars was the lady at the check in/check out-MIchelle (sp?) WOW! She was friendly, efficient, and helpful. There was a minor issue in our room,nothing to cause us discomfort but we thought we should let her know. She was apologetic and even presented us with a small travel bag- bottled water and some goodies - by way of apology for our inconvenience. MIchelle is definitley a strong ambassador for Hilton and for this Hampton. Definitely a treasure they should value. Also, there is a commuter train that goes from Matteson into the City of Chicago. I'd say stay here- spend the day in Chicago, and come back at end of the day-- MUCH cheaper, safer, and easier with much less city stress.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
We will share your positive review with Michelle. Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts and to give us such nice compliments. We look forward to your next visit here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
La Crosse, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

After quite a few years in using accommodation's from the Hilton consortium, we still find the Hampton Inns the model of convenience, location, friendliness and comfort. In addition, we have noticed that the older locations are updating the creature comfort areas, i.e. the breakfast and lounge areas

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson would like to thank you for such a good review of our product. We look forward to your next visit.
Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2014

I was traveling through the area on my way home from a business trip. I just needed a nice quiet place to get a good nights sleep. This place fit the bill. I always sleep well in Hampton Inn beds. It was clean, very conveniently located and near shopping and restaurants. Staff was uniformly friendly and professional. Only reason for 4 instead of 5 stars is that the room and amenities weren't what they could have been. There was wear and tear in places and I found several pins on the floor, the kind you remove from a new dress shirt. The vacuum probably didn't pick them up. Other than that the room was nice and clean. No road noise in my room even though it was close to the interstate.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson, responded to this review, November 18, 2014
We are glad to have provided you with the good nights sleep you needed and we hope to be seeing you again on your next trip our way. Thank you for your business and for your review.
DeKalb, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel many times, and it's been consistently well maintained. The staff are friendly. The complimentary breakfast is good, and the eating area is clean. I will continue to stay here while visiting the area.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for being a return guest here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson. Your review and your business are appreciated.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014 via mobile

My mother retired Army has stayed at this location several times. We've been thru at least 2diff management staff changes. I live here in matteson and my mom Ga. We'll we decided that we'd allow my daughter to leave for a her prom from the hotel! We unfortunately reserved the rooms then decided we were gonna need a banquet room since she w/b leaving from the Hampton inn. While my daughter was being dressed, my guest were approached about being in the wrong room, and paying xtra money! The ppl that bookd the room myself and mom weren't approached until
My guest began going in there purses to pay xtra. When I came dwn stairs to investigate, I was approached by a mean ugly short ghetto, loud rude woman sayn "she was the GM and that I knew I was in the wrong room" She told me that I was given a tour when I bookd the room. "The room her staffer directed me too" and I never viewed bc it was reserved over the phone! An argument between she and I ensued and she then threaten to have me removed from the hotel. She left went bck behind the desk and discovered that we in fact was never given a tour! Went to that banquet room bc her staffer made a mistake. When I askd for an apology she refused. We had book roomssssssss for the entire wkend for a "PROM" we had an up and coming celebrity makeup artist from a studio in the building. There were parishioners from my daughter church that is located directly across the street from this hotel. A celebrity professional photographer of homewood I'll. We have lived in matteson for over 40yrs! (9) families here and have never been embrassed or treated in such a way! Everyone walkd away sayn how they'd never come bck there. It's like she became even more vicious when I stopped my guest from giving her money! My daughter was in tears! She was in the 1st graduating class at Sputhland college prep. I was horrified, absolutely disgusted. Even when Corp ask her to apology she lied and said she did! She's a liar and needs to be fired! Every time someone suggest this hotel I'll always warn them that the management is deplorable, and don't waste your money. I'll never never never stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson, responded to this review, November 5, 2014
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again.
Hickory, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2014 via mobile

Nice stay started at reception. Pleasant young lady offered free cold bottle of water. Luggage carts by the door came in handy. Several restaurants close, as was shopping. Property is about 5 yrs old.

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson, responded to this review, October 17, 2014
Thank you for such a nice review of our property the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson. We are glad you enjoyed your water and hope to see you again soon.
Green Bay, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2014

VERY comfortable bed and clean linens. The complimentary breakfast is satisfying and the "grab and go" snack bags are terrific for travelers. A complimentary bottle of water on arrival is a nice touch - especially after a long ride.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson, responded to this review, October 13, 2014
We are glad you enjoyed your stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson. Thank you for such a nice review and we hope to see you again soon.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson? Share your experiences!