“If you book through a website like hotwire, they don't care how your stay went” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson

Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Matteson
Williamsburg, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

They have signs posted everywhere saying "if you didn't like your stay we will give you a night for free". There were kids left alone in the room above us jumping off the beds all day and most of the night. I called down to the front desk many times, and even went down a couple times to complain, but the kids didn't stop till 2 in the morning. When I went down to the front desk the next morning to pay I told them I had a horrible night, they said since I went through a different website to pay they weren't going to give me a free night. They took down my information saying they would do what they could, but I never got the free night they advertise. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
 Unfortunately, it’s clear from the guest rating you were not pleased with your stay. We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations. ! Please know your comments are taken very seriously and will be acted upon immediately.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

This is my second time staying here while on business and everything is great. The price is right and they offer great perks! They're thoughtfulness keeps them going as far as their to-go breakfast bags and the happy hour with beers offered to guests Coming in after work. The rooms are very modern and updated. It is further south than preferred, however the food options are good and you're right across the street from a beautiful Church.

The wood in the rooms chip away, however it is not the Swissotel so do not expect expensive furniture. The bed is comfortable and the room has ALL the amenities you need whether its to throw a small intimate gathering or a "stay-cation"! I wish all Hampton Inns were this nice! Very rare find!

Only con is that it is a pretty fair distance from the city but the morning commute to the SouthSide of chicago is only 20 minutes during the weekday and less on weekends. Easy to find because its off the exit ramp. Keep in mind, the food they offer is free so it won't be amazing, it's not. However, if you want better food, go to Panera Bread or Cracker Barrel across the street. There are also close food options as well like a Chipotle, Fuddruckers, Harold's, Red Lobster, etc.

Stay here, you won't regret it.

• Stayed October 2012
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
 We are delighted to know you like our hotel the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson and look forward to your next visit. Thank you for such a nice review.
Muscatine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Went to the area for the Chicagoland Speedway Nascar Race and stayed 2 nites.... This hotel is so nice and new and modern, rooms are spacious we had a king suite, and it was so nice with well appointed decorations and the bed was to wonderful did not want to get out of it... The people at the desk was so nice, I forgot my phone charger and they provided me with one. And the morning breakfest was so good, they had several warm items such as mini omlets and bisquits and gravy, it was great, we will definately be coming back to this hotel next year when we go to the race..

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
It is nice to hear you liked the bed so much here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson. Thank you for such a nice review.
Cleveland, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Went to the Chicago area to sing at a men's retreat and the church booked us at the Matteson Hampton. I am very glad they did! The rooms were roomy and beds were very comfortable. I never heard our neighbors through the walls either. The breakfast was excellent and the afternoon we got there they had lasagna out and it was yummy too. They also had cookies! The staff were very friendly and accommodating and service was excellent!

Room Tip: was on the 3rd floor east side and was very quiet there
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
 We always enjoy hearing from our guests! Thank you for posting such a pleasant review for the
Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson.
Fort Worth, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

We had a 16 hour drive into Matteson so I called about an hour in advance (around 11:00am or so) to see if it would be possible to check in early, the clerk put me on hold and came back on the line and said it wouldn't be a problem. We arrived at the hotel a little after 12pm and the room was not ready. Not a problem, I understand they have a specific check in time. We sat in the car for a little over 30 minutes and checked in with them occasionally. A room was available around 12:45pm or so? We were not informed of breakfast hours or given any kind of information upon check in. I asked the front desk clerk later in the evening, he was super nice and informative! Breakfast was great, they had a lot of options. Fresh oatmeal rather than just the packaged kind. However, they decided not to make any oatmeal on our second morning I'm not sure why? It would have been nice to get a "Good Morning" or a smile from some of the staff but that was not the case. On our 2nd day we noticed that the room did not lock upon closing it. You would slightly push the door and it would open right up. After the 1st night our room key was deactivated so we got stuck in the back parking lot around 11pm in the the rain with no way to get in, luckily another guest arrived shortly after so he was kind enough to let us in with him. We stayed here for 2 nights and our room was not cleaned during our stay, I'm not sure if that's normal procedure? We were able to get clean towels from the front desk. I did explain to the clerk the reason why we needed towels, but she did not comment. Overall I would stay here again.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
We take all feedback seriously, and regret you had problems with the front desk and your room key. The problems you encountered will be taken up at our next management meeting. We are also glad to hear you would stay here again and will look forward to seeing your then.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I had a reservation for five days for a 2 bed Queen suite, upon arriving, I was told they only had a one bed king suite for 4 people. The desk clerk said we could have a lower rate for the entire stay if we took that room for the night, and the next morning we could get the room we were suppose to have, and we have the discount rate for the room, but when I went the next day to see about the room I was told that the clerk wasn't authorized to give me a discount rate, so if I got the room that I suppose to have gotten in the being I would have to pay the full rate. The clerk also lied and said the reason he gave the rate was because he had a line and just needed to get us away from the counter because I cursed him, which I never said a curse word and there was no one else waiting. That same clerk for some unknown reason baked cookies one night and about 11:30 in night the fire alarm went off and everyone had to leave the hotel due to him doing something he shouldn't have been doing. This was a very bad stay at this hotel.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
We are disappointed to hear of your experience at our hotel and appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. The problems you mentioned were brought to the attention of our management and are being addressed. The lack of service you experienced is unusual and not the standard of our hotel. Please know your comments are taken very seriously and will be acted upon immediately.
Amherst, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Great service and a friendly staff. Nice rooms and very convenient being as it is located about half an hour from Chicago. Also right next to a plaza and relatively close to other stores. All around great service. Breakfast buffet included and very good as well. The hotel also has a heated pool open till ten at night and that is very fun.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
 Thank you for the kind words regarding our staff. We pride ourselves in being service professionals here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson. We hope to see you again soon.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson? Share your experiences!