We had a 16 hour drive into Matteson so I called about an hour in advance (around 11:00am or so) to see if it would be possible to check in early, the clerk put me on hold and came back on the line and said it wouldn't be a problem. We arrived at the hotel a little after 12pm and the room was not ready. Not a problem, I understand they have a specific check in time. We sat in the car for a little over 30 minutes and checked in with them occasionally. A room was available around 12:45pm or so? We were not informed of breakfast hours or given any kind of information upon check in. I asked the front desk clerk later in the evening, he was super nice and informative! Breakfast was great, they had a lot of options. Fresh oatmeal rather than just the packaged kind. However, they decided not to make any oatmeal on our second morning I'm not sure why? It would have been nice to get a "Good Morning" or a smile from some of the staff but that was not the case. On our 2nd day we noticed that the room did not lock upon closing it. You would slightly push the door and it would open right up. After the 1st night our room key was deactivated so we got stuck in the back parking lot around 11pm in the the rain with no way to get in, luckily another guest arrived shortly after so he was kind enough to let us in with him. We stayed here for 2 nights and our room was not cleaned during our stay, I'm not sure if that's normal procedure? We were able to get clean towels from the front desk. I did explain to the clerk the reason why we needed towels, but she did not comment. Overall I would stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson Hotel
- Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson Hotel Matteson
- Hampton Inn And Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set just off of I-57, the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland - Matteson hotel in Matteson, IL is your perfect choice just outside of downtown Chicago. All hotel guests can take advantage of our free, hot breakfast buffet daily and 24-hour Suite Shop. Whether you're with us on business or for leisure, you'll enjoy our complimentary WiFi access throughout the hotel. Relax and unwind at our swimming pool, and stay fit in our fitness center. Bring all the comforts of home, we look forward to having you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Tingo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.