“Great hotel!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Matteson
Columbus, Ohio
“Great hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by my experience. The staff I encountered were all very pleasant and helpful. The room was comfortable and nicely decorated. The furniture had a few scratches, but everything else was beautiful. My room was spacious and my bed was very comfortable.

I was really pleased to discover the toiletries available. I didn't want to check my bags on my flight so I didn't bring my own and I was pleased to discover everything I needed and more - I haven't seen shower gel or mouthwash in a hotel in a while!

The workout center was clean and comfortable and offered several options for cardio equipment as well as free weights (starting at 5 lbs). My only concern was that the treadmill stopped on a dime - it was not a brand I was familiar with and I've not encountered this with other machines.

The complimentary breakfast was a nice perk. The eggs and French toast sticks were hot and delicious and there were many options to choose from, including fresh fruit.

If business takes me to this area again, I look forward to staying at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson we were glad to hear "I was pleasantly surprised by my experience". We always enjoy hearing from our guests! Thank you for posting such a pleasant review.

164 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

Stayed at this Hampton for business. The location is great as it's literally across the street from our office complex. However, the location is tricky the first time. It sits on a road behind a strip mall, so your gps may get you lost. It's a quick, easy drive from Midway airport. Just take Cicero all the way. There are a lot of stoplights, but it is the fastest route (about 25 minutes). Do not take any freeways, you will be going out of your way.

As for the hotel itself, the room was very dusty and the carpets had not been vaccumed. There was hair on one of nightstands, which particulary grosses me out, and could have been removed if they dusted. That said, the front desk team is extremely friendly, but the cleaning staff could use some work. For value, I give it 3 stars. Perhaps it's my company's fault for not negotiating a better rate, but $129 for a small town Hampton with a dusty room is not value to me. I would stay here again on a one or two night business stay, but not otherwise.

• Stayed April 2012
Frank guest reviews such as yours, are appreciated, as they give us the chance to improve. It seems the underlying issues you experienced were the result of unacceptable housekeeping practices. The problem you mentioned was brought to the attention of our housekeeping department and have been addressed. Thank you for your review.
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

Stayed at this property while in Chicago to attend my grandmother's funeral. I was very impressed with the hotel and the staff. They were very responsive to our needs and very friendly. The rooms were well appointed and the lounge/breakfast area was beautifully decorated. The offered 24 hour coffee and tea as well as a decent breakfast buffet and fresh cookies in the evening. I did not have a chance to utilize the pool are, however they have an enclosed pool and it was maintained very well. Being from Chicago I was familar with the area and there are great choices for dining (nothing fancy but good standard chains and fast food), as well as shopping - some within walking distance of the hotel. We are thinking of using this property for our family reunion the next time it is in the Chicago area. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson, responded to this review, March 27, 2012
First of all, our condolences for the loss of your grandmother. Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review and we look forward to seeing you again here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson.
Bradenton, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

Stayed here for two nights. The first night was the evening before a big presentation to a nearby company. In final rehearsal, my laptop crashed. It was 11 p.m. I need to print out my presentation and also send it by e-mail to the company for possible use in the morning.

Luckily, a young man named Brandon was working the front desk. He took on my problem as his problem and I ended up using one of the front desk computers to print out and then e-mail my presentation (the business center computer was occupied).

The following night, as I returned to the hotel, he immediately asked me how it went. I gave him a high five and thanked him and told him he did an incredible job saving my presentation.

People like Brandon are why I stay at Hilton more than Marriott. He could have shrugged and said "good luck", but he did not. No, he went the extra mile. The hotel is average to good for a Hampton Inn, but I won't remember that. I will remember Brandon and help he extended to me. (I landed the account)..

Room Tip: Ask for one on the back side to avoid freeway noise.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
 Here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson we're always looking for ways to identify star performers on our team and will share your positive review with Brandon. Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts!
Frankfort, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

room and service very nice....after long day working last thing i wanted was loud chain restaurant....asked front desk for good place to eat...recoomended local place steakhouse...mr bennys...very good way to end day.....i would stay here again.......

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
We are glad to hear how much you liked our restaurant suggestion and would like to thank you for your review of our hotel the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson. We forward to hosting you again in the future.
Lewistown, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

I checked into this hotel on a Thursday evening. I noticed that the hotel was very clean, and my room smelled very good, in fact a little too good as I was worried that the air freshener would affect my allergies but it did not. The bed was comfortable and I had no issues with the heating in the room, it was plenty warm. I love the new vanity kits that include the q-tips, something I always forget. Brandon at the desk, went out of his way to help me with directions and was very friendly. The hotel is in a good location as there are plenty of decent places to eat, Fuddruckers, Olive Garden, Applebees, etc. I would definitely stay here again if my work takes me up that way again!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
 We always enjoy hearing from our guests here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson. Hopefully, we'll have the opportunity to host you again soon.
New York City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

After checking out of a downtown Chicago hotel, where I paid for internet and everything else, this hotel is a nice change. Free wireless/wired with hhonors, nice fabrics on bed which looked very clean. Comfortable bed, and good work area. My wake up call never arrived, and Ii was cold unless I turned the heat up to 85. Heating system needs work. Quiet . Nice pool, which is a bit over chlorinated. Helpful staff but cannot print boarding passes from front business center without involving desk staff. I was told it had been broken for a month. Please fix it. Travelers don't need one more aggravation when trying to get to the airport. Nice free breakfast with delicious food. Would definitely stay here again. Good location in the mall so can walk to a restaurant if you want.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Guest reviews such as yours, are appreciated, as they give us the chance to improve. Your feedback is essential to our future success! Your comments will be brought up at our next meeting concerning the boarding pass problem. Thank you and we hope to host you again soon.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson? Share your experiences!