“Enjoyed my stay. Very courteous and helpful staff. Excellent pricing. Recommend.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Southland Inn & Suites

You added Southland Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Southland Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2850 West 159th Street, Markham, IL 60426 (Formerly Comfort Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Markham
Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Special request was granted by Tony. It made my stay very comfortable with additional family staying at the hotel. The desk personnel: Tony, Tasha & Gloria were very polite as well. They were very friendly and greated me with a smile. The breakfast was a plus for me. The coffee was hot and they offered a variety as well. Everything was fresh, clean and nicely arranged. My room was very comfortable. The a/c was cold and the bathroom was clean and bright. The pricing was the best I have seen in years. I highly recommend this hotel; especially for the price and comfort. Easy and quick excess to the interstate. Fast food restaurants located within walking distances. No pool available.

Room Tip: Always choose a room away from the elevators, front offices, and ice machines (less noise).
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Cleveland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

The first room we were given did not have working air so we were offered a suite. We appreciated the offer so we took it. But when we made it to our room we did not have all of the necessities that we needed. We were notified previous to our arrival that we had a new room. The room we had at first had two double beds. The suite had one double bed with a couch that let out into a bed. The bed attach to the couch was horrible. There was a thin pad covered over the springs with no sheets. The springs set up so high they would poke you in your back or side. Not comfortable enough for anyone. Now it is too late to get another room. Then we had no toilet paper and only two dry towels and no sheets for the sofa bed. There is no reason why our room should not have been ready upon our arrival. When we called the desk we had to go down to get everything we needed. You could not get the stopper to work for the tub. The refrigerator barely kept our beverages cold. We left them in our cooler because the freezer did not work. This was the worst suite ever. We checked out early the next morning. "The spring sofa bed was the worst I had ever seen." We will never stay here again. Upon checking out the next morning the young lady at the desk was not friendly at all. "Horrible Hospitality!"

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Jacknville, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

I normally have great luck with Choice Hotel chains. Not this time. I have to say the gentleman, night clerk was fine, and very apologetic over the inconveniences though. First the door lock to our room wouldn't work. He tried to fix it for us, but ended up moving us to another room since he couldn't open it either. The second room had problems with the lights so he sent us to a smoking room. Yuck! Can you believe they actually have hot water run to the toilet... I about sweat my butt off. The cleaning crew is not detail oriented. They did not clean my coffee pot and left it half full after cleaning the room, and only left two towels, when they took away four plus the hand towels. After we left and came back the room keys didn't work again. Yes, I know how to use the key cards. Others to mention: Fuzzy TV, holes in the bed spread, trash not picked up behind the door, the chair was ripped and looked terrible, and it smelled like a family of dead mice had died under the ice machine. With some updates this place wouldn't be so bad. The staff was friendly, and I didn't have a problem with cleanliness except the ice machine. The price was right for the location and how it was maintained.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
oshawa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

i was there with my girl friend for one day, 1st the front desk was not friendly at all, took long time to check us in. 2nd the breakfast area is messy, milk split all over the counter and floor, i understand there were kids there but someone has to clean it. Room cleaning is ok, bed is too soft, a/c was noisy,location not bad and price is fair.
again the toughest part is the front desk staff, mean and rough, scared!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Covington, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

very helpful front desk gentleman. Very poor beds in the rooms. I didn't stay.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

The room was clean, the staff was very friendly and pleasant, the breakfast was good and the price was right. Could not ask for much more than that.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Lewisburg, OH
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

The service at the hotel was fine, they checked us in early. We were in a king whirlpool suite with a jacuzzi. Everything was clean, but older. The tub was supposed to be for two people, but unless you're very small, don't bet on it. The breakfast was ok, but ends early at 9:30am.

My main issue with this hotel was that the walls were very thin. I could hear someone in another room snoring, as well as cell phones going off. There was no fan-only option on the cooling unit, which was very inconvenient. Also, there is no wall between the bathroom and the bed. There were two curtains around the bed, which obviously aren't enough. The bed was also sub-par and the TV was small and blurry. This was my least favorite hotel I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Southland Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!