“Great Pizza” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Buffet, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Oregon, IL
“Great Pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

When I travel to the area I always get Walt's pizza. We were there on a Friday night and the place was so busy I thought we might have a long wait but we were seated right away in a booth with plenty of room and fairly quiet area. We ordered a pizza and could not believe how quickly we were served. Pizza was great as always but we were especially pleased with the service on this visit

Visited February 2013

Illinois City, Illinois
“decent food no doubt”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

dont go if ure in a hurry. food is good. i recommend the ruben sandwich or the ribeye! good salad bar also. st paddys day is fun here too. have good corned beef and cabbage too. and lots of beers.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
West Frankfort, Illinois
“Won't be back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I have been a regular customer for years but ate there yesterday with my husband and had a very bad experience. While chewing my pizza I found what appeared to be a piece of dental floss in the piece i was chewing.To make a long story short I brought it to the attention of the general manager and was treated as if I was just a hard to please customer. Excuse me, since when is it wrong to register a complaint with management. Needles to say I felt I would get nowhere with management so I reported my find to the local health department. Mackie's and Bennie's will get my future business and I will recommend the same to family and friends.

Visited January 2013
Macungie, Pennsylvania
“Can't beat double decker”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We visit Marion a couple of times a year. It has become a requirement we eat at Walts at least once each visit. The double decker pizza is amazing, and nothing like we get on the East Coast. This combined with the beef taco nacho's makes for a great meal. Always great service and kid friendly.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best Restaurant in Marion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Walt's is hands down the best restaurant in Marion. It's a great restaurant to go to on a date. Well honestly, it's a great restaurant for pretty much any occasion. Walt's is a staple in Marion and when I'm craving good ol' Italian food or pizza...without question I choose Walt's.
Pros- wonderful food, great atmosphere, reasonable prices
Cons- constantly crowded...but hey, what do you expect?! Lol
Ohhh, one more thing...you must try the double decker pizza. Excellent!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere