“Friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 16 hotels in Marion
Ann Arbor, United States
“Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Entire staff and services were very friendly. We always choose to stay with Hampton/Hilton properties. You can always depend on your reservation to be correct, check-in is always very fast as well as check-out. Helping with local restaurants and sights is never a problem including getting printed driving instructions.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jwisins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Marion, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Daniel,
It is always a pleasure of ours to help our guests with finding any of the local attractions. Thank you for your recognition of the front desk staff!

142 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Prophetstown, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Very nice, clean hotel. Staff was wonderful, breakfast were good and the rooms/beds/linens were clean and extremely comfortable. Overall a wonderful stay!I would stay here again. Very nice decor also in the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Debra,
We are so happy that you enjoyed your experience here. Thank you letting us know how we did. We hope to see you again soon!
Woodbine, Iowa, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I brought my bicycle on this trip, the staff was very good about letting me take it up to my room. Some hotels frown on this, so this is definitely a plus for me. I always look for a Hampton on road trips, they always have comfortable beds.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

MarionILHampton, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Marion, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for the great review. We strive to do everything in our power to accommodate our guests. I'm glad we could give you some peace of mind knowing your bike was safe. We appreciate your loyalty and hope to see you again!
geneva, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

This place was a major disappointment. The linens were less than satisfactory and should be disposed of, the bath faucets did NOT work and there was a constant noise of running water all night long. There should have been no charge for this...less than Hampton quality room!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We are willing to do everything in our power to satisfy our valuable guests. Please do not hesitate to give us a chance to make it right. We would be nothing without our guests!
Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I cannot say enough nice things about the Hampton Inn. The room was spotless. The breakfast was good. But the best part of this hotel is its staff. I want to say a special thank you to Tiffany. Her generosity and kindness towards my friend whose little boy is battling leukemia was beyond gracious.

If I ever need a hotel room in Marion again I will be back to the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Jwisins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Marion, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to recognize Tiffany. I am very happy that she was able to give special attention to you and your guests. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Gainesville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Once we got there the hotel was good and the staff helpful but, my God, GETTING there!!??!! We arrived late at night after a long drive. Northbound on the interstate there was no signage at all so we missed the exit and had a 12-mile round trip to come back. Southbound there was a sign but off the interstate you could not see the motel or clearly make out the sign and had to proceed by best guess and dead-reckoning. Finally we saw the motel - perhaps 1/2 mile off the interstate - and from there it became a maze of parking lots, other motels, and restaurants until we arrived. (there is an easier way but we only learned about it upon leaving and then a hotel employee went out to the parking lot to point it out to us!).

I expressed my displeasure with our now 1/2 hour trip to get from Northbound to the motel and was told "Oh its the road construction. It's been like that for four years and they say there are two more before it is done!"

The people were nice, the hotel was nice, the breakfast was standard but take your GPS if you want to get there!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
The road construction is a mess, isn't it?! Our front desk staff has learned a thing or two about giving directions in the past couple years because of it. Marion is growing so fast and will continue especially when the construction is finished!
Hutchinson, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

When booking this hotel make sure you are booking it for the town/state you want. I accidentally booked it using an online site I had not used before and ended up with reservations in the next state. Fortunately the hotel had room and the front desk was extremely helpful. They helped me figure out my situation and then took steps to help me resolve it. I couldn't have asked for a better end to my experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I'm glad we were able to help you get that resolved!

Been to Hampton Inn Marion? Share your experiences!