“Promised, not delivered” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn

You added Americas Best Value Inn to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1802 Bittle Place, New Rt 13 & I-57, Marion, IL 62959 (Formerly Days Inn Marion)   |
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Marion
GERMANTOWN
“Promised, not delivered”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Previously we have praised this hotel, now we will no longer stay there after booking in advance for a non smoking room, called about 8PM and told would be very late arrival, asked if our non smoking room was saved, and told "no problem". When we arrived we were given a room that when I opened the door the tobacco stink nearly knocked us down. Went to office and they said we could have another room but the following three days we would have to stay in the "smoking room" they would clean the drapes, shampoo the carpets, wash the linens....that is how they make a room smoke free? What about the drapes, easy chair, the walls, pillows. Had they said, sorry, no non smoking rooms left when we made reservations I would understand. But to tell me one thing then try to shove us into a smoking room after stating they had "saved" us our room is totally unacceptable. The next day we got a credit for the nights we had to stay elsewhere, and we will never, never go back to this hotel. Had they been honest, no problem, but to think we would stay in a smoking room half cleaned in an hour or two, no way. Terrible way to treat a customer.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Ashwin P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 1 week ago
We appreciate comments from our guests especially from repeat customers like you. We are deeply sorry for the disappointment you felt during your last stay at our hotel. We have taken note of the problem and are implementing corrective measures to ensure the utmost comfort and satisfaction of our guests. We do hope to be of service to you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Mesa, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2014

I've stayed at a number of America's Best Value Inns around the country and was never disappointed until I stayed at this one. It used to be a Days Inn and I think a Ramada Inn before that and it's gone downhill since then. The room was just OK but very crowded. The toilet broke but luckily it was just before I checked out. If there wasn't anyplace else available in town I would stay here.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Ashwin P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at our hotel. We apologize for whatever inconvenience that you have experienced. We are taking the necessary action to improve on our services as well as the amenities that our hotel is offering. We do hope that you would come back and feel the difference.

Mita Patel
Naperville, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2014

There was a very strong, decay like smell in the breakfast area
I saw people barbequing on their balcony
there was a broken refrigerator in my room and it smelled really bad inside
I saw a roach crawl into my room from outside.

But on the plus side the sports bar connected to the hotel looked nice.

Room Tip: Bring your own sheets
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your comment about your stay at our hotel which we take as a means to know where we need to improve on. We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We are currently doing adjustments on our facilities based on your comment and we hope that, on your next travel, you could come and stay with us.

Mita Patel
Valparaiso, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2014

I was impressed with this pet friendly budget hotel. The rooms were very spacious and all the furnishings seemed new. Very nice full sized couch and a nice desk and chair for computer work. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are passing through. Not the ghetto at all. Take a look at it through google streets and see for yourself. Everything was very clean. The breakfast was decent and well attended. Thumbs up on this one for sure!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
We would like to thank you so much for your wonderful comment. We are glad that you had a great time at our hotel and that our services and amenities met your standard of cleanliness and good service. We feel all the more motivated to have every guest experience the same kind of hospitality that you had during your recent stay. We hope to see you again soon.
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

We pull up and there is a bar / liquor store attached to the place, great I said then We were to have a non smoking room I took the key drove around bldg and there were ppl sitting out side partying this is at 2 pm I went to room and it smelled so strong of smoke I said no way it triggered my asthma that fast plus I have 2 small kids I do not want exposed to this drinking and carrying on So then I was given another room with no carpet that still had a slight smoke smell and signs of smoking such as burns of telephone blankets with holes I said ok it's only for 2 nights and we can just sleep , The rooms are very small the bathroom is smallest I have ever been in the pool area very small and smells strongly of mildew I only paid $50 per night but these rooms are not worth $25 it is a very ran down place and needs a lot of work, not a family friendly place but a place for ppl who want a sleeping room after they party at the bar

Room Tip: DONT go else where
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. We have addressed the issue of the smoke odor permeating through a non-smoking room by making the rooms next door to it non-smoking as well. We sincerely apologize for your disappointment regarding the sizes of the rooms and that of the pool. We do hope that you could come and stay with us again.
Kalamazoo, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

We ended up at this place due to back to school parents booking up all the local hotels. Unable to find anything else in town and not wanting to drive any further we figured it couldn't be too bad for one night. It turned out I was wrong.

Many of the people here are tenants. They live here. Some including their dogs. The place is certainly not very inviting. Think of the less desirable part of a city turned into a motel.

After check-in. We headed towards the room and found police in the parking lot. A little while later there were 6-7 police cars in the parking lot and many of the residents were outside watching the show. We closed and deadbolted the door and tried to sleep in a room that was not very comfortable. Perfect clean though for whatever that is worth. After a poor nights sleep I am writing this and thinking maybe we should've driven another hour.

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you for your comment. We sincerely apologize for the disappointing experience during your stay at our hotel. We are continuously seeking ways and means to improve on our service so that our guests are ensured of comfort and convenience at a reasonable price. We do hope that you could come around and be our guest sometime in the future.
Caledonia, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

We have been using this chain for a few years now, this is a fairly new property to America's Best Value Inn's , it need some work, the room was clean, bedding crisp and clean, staff were helplful, good spot to stay, and close to the Free way.

Room Tip: Close to Freeway, and close to good restaurant.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Ashwin P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel. We are glad that you had enjoyed your stay with us. Indeed, our accessibility to the freeway and a good number of good restaurants around us make us a preferred choice for travelers. We constantly seek out ways to improve on our services so that our guests are always satisfied. We hope to see you around soon.

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!