“Wecome Stay” 4 of 5 stars

You added Super 8 Marion to your Saves list
Super 8 Marion
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2601 Vernell RD, Marion, IL 62959   |
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Marion

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Decatur
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is my first stay in a Super 8 and I will consider staying at one again in the future. The room was clean and recently-updated, with all of the features of a more upscale chain at half the price. Although I did not use it, the room came with a microwave and refrigerator. I was concerned about noise due to the proximity to the interstate and a truck stop and was pleasantly surprised at how quiet it was. I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

We've all seen Super 8's that scream "stay away", but this is one of the nicer ones. It was a clean basic motel room at a busy location right off the interstate. It was surprisingly quiet as it is right next to McDonalds and many interstate truck stops, but for a basic room, with clean bedding and carpet, this location delivers. The very small breakfast area was also extremely clean for this type of overnight hotel, clean floors, and both day and night personnel were exceptionally nice and friendly. I will definitely be stopping here several times a year on the way to visit family and friends in Illinois.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Birmingham, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I stayed at Marion IL Super 8 on Vernell Road on my way to Kansas. I had my dog, so I booked this hotel due to the reviews. Do NOT stay here if you want a clean room and want to be able to breath without inhaling cigarette smoke. I am mad that I don't have my pics, somehow they were deleted off my camera accidentally. Otherwise, you could see how gross the room really is. The curtain looked like they had never seen a vacuum, and the recliner looked like something from the Goodwill. The bed was nasty looking when I turned the bed down, so I wrapped up in a blanket from my truck and slept on top of the covers. Even though the smoking floor was below me, my room smelled of smoke. I am an asthmatic, so it was a poor choice on my part. I was on a tight travel schedule or I would have demanded my money back and gone elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
marionsuper8, General Manager at Super 8 Marion, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
I would like to say Thank you for staying with us! Thank you for making a return reservation and I am sorry that things did not work out so you were not able to stay with us on your return visit, however I am glad the desk clerk was able to help you find a room in Carbondale during your return visit that accepted your pet. We do hope to see you again in the future.
Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We stayed here for one night with our dog on our way to Florida. The room was very clean, the people were friendly, and the price was excellent. We have stayed at other Super 8 properties that were somewhat rundown, so this one was a pleasant surprise. Breakfast included cereal, coffee, juice, yogurt and some pastries. As mentioned in another review, there is a lot of construction in the area, which would make this motel difficult to find in the dark. There are a number of restaurants nearby which provides plenty of options for dinner. We plan on staying here again on our return trip.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Marion? Share your experiences!