“Great food, great atmosphere!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 82 Restaurants in Marion
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Long Beach, California
“Great food, great atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Have been several times and every time the food is amazing! Love the atmosphere, decor is inviting. Food does take a little longer but that's only because everything is made to order...well worth the wait! I will continue to frequent this restaurant whenever I am in the area!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Metropolis, IL
“Setting is great, appetizers fair”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Have been to this place a couple years ago just for one drink while visiting in Marion. Drink prices were high. Decided to stop one more time but for a meal after a day of shopping with teen. I really enjoy the decorations and setting. Waitress informed my teen and I of the half price appetizers. Compared the prices on the very simple menu. I liked that the menu wasn't over whelming. Prices of food are high for some budgets. We decided to order couple appetizers to share. We ordered the nacho potato chips and cordon blue croquettes, nice change from the standard appetizer list at most restaurants but wasn't totally impressed of overall flavor. Would not have got at the regular price. Thankful it was half price.

I would go again for a date night with friends or to stop in for a drink alone.

Johnston City, Illinois
“Fantastic place for an evening out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Someone who doesn't know about this place would think it's a strip club, so it took me a long time to try this place, but I'm so glad I did. Don't let the "strip-club" look stop you, it's a burlesque-themed gastropub inside and out, which is VERY cool. I love the theme. They refurnished the building and decor beautifully to match the theme. It's in a great location in old downtown Marion, right off the beautiful square. The menu is small, not many options, but it changes often and everything is very very good. Extensive bar for any kind of drink you can think of. Would be a great place for a date or with family. I would definitely go back.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Illinois
“Long wait time for food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Was surprised to find this as No #1 in Marion. We arrived for a late lunch. Fewer than 10 customers eating. Waited 40 minutes for a salad and a Hot Brown. Sat at table near kitchen door and saw three cooks moving slowly. Observed two wipe sweat from their upper lip with their hand and then return to cooking. One waitress out front hustling to take care of everyone and she did, but the kitchen crew left something to be desired. If I were the owners I'd move that table away from where we sat so that customers don't see the slow pace of the kitchen. Food was good, but the wait ruined it for us. Won't be back.

Visited June 2014
Illinois
“Great place for adults”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I not write many tripadvisor reviews but I thought I would write one for Miss Emily's Cathouse. I learned of the restaurant via tripadvisor even though I live in the area and it is important to continue spreading the word about great restaurants so that they can thrive. My wife and I went the restaurant as a date night. It is a large bar with many tables around the bar. The decor is quite unique and appealing.

We ordered the gourmet grilled cheeses as an appetizer. Delicious!!! (appetizers are also half price on Wednesdays, apparently). The sandwiches were on great crostini-type bread and came with a spicy dipping sauce. We both ordered the buffalo chicken sandwich (the is popular with other reviewers). Again, great. We had eaten a late lunch, otherwise I would have liked to try either the creole chicken or beef tenderloin.

I also want to point out something else. The service was exceptional. Our waitress (I wish I kept the receipt but she worked around 7pm on 6/25) regularly checked on us throughout our meal. Drinks (both soft drinks and adult beverages) were refilled and she often asked about our experience.

We will definitely be returning.

• Visited June 2014