“Excellent Guest Service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Marion

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn Marion to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Marion
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2403 Black Diamond Drive, Route 13 & O'Neal, Marion, IL 62959   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 16 hotels in Marion
Marion, Illinois
“Excellent Guest Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stopped through the area on my way south. I found this hotel online & decided to try it out. What a pleasant surprise! The front desk staff went out of their way with a "goody bag" and offering suggestions for dinner! (I was also impressed with the restaurant options available!) My room was very clean & quiet-which was great after a long day. Every time I saw an employee, I was greeted with a "Hello" or "How are you?" The breakfast was warm & fresh...and the lady was very sweet! I have never stayed somewhere with such a friendly staff!!! Plus, this hotel is completely NON-Smoking! If I am ever in the area again, this will definitely be my place to stay! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

161 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stopped at the Marion, IL Comfort Inn for one night en route to our Thanksgiving destination further north - I was so pleased I immediately told my family I was going to write an extremely favorable review on Trip Advisor!

The hotel has been open about four months, the pool and spa are not yet complete but that wasn't an issue for us (and it still smells new). Anthony at the front desk was very pleasant and helpful, even printing out MapQuest directions and helping us with some interstate construction questions we had. My hubby is a decaf drinker, and Anthony gave him some packets of decaf to use in the in-room coffee maker.

Additionally, as a Choice Privileges member, I received a goody bag upon check-in, which was a special (unexpected) touch. It helped me with the chocolate fix I needed that evening.

The room was larger than most, and had a very large closet with a door, large bathroom, microwave, coffee pot, mini fridge, desk with chair and an oversized, upholstered chair. The beds were comfortably firm and had lots of pillows. There is elevator service available.

Breakfast is served from 6-10 am and is unlike any other hotel breakfast we have had in a long time. Scrambled eggs, bacon, hard-boiled eggs, cereal, biscuits, gravy, pastries, mini cinnamon rolls, juices, fruit, hot water for tea/cider, homemade waffles (regular or blueberry) - all was hot, tasty and replenished regularly. After eating breakfast at the hotel, we certainly didn't need to stop for something else to eat until late lunch.

I seldom rate things as a 10 - but these accommodations receive a 10 with no reservations!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We were traveling North to Chicago(about 51/2hrs.) and stopped for the night. We were just looking for a place to crash and get up early the next day. The young man at the front desk was very polite and tried to help but it was more ammenities and price for a short night. He then took the time to direct us to a couple of other motels in the area. The Comfort Inn is brand new and if I'm in the area longer would stay there but mostly for the way the clerk tried to help us. Thank You

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Gatlinburg, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

If you're looking for a clean, comfortable place to stay, THIS IS IT! Beds were very comfortable-nice pillowtop mattress (not those air beds some hotels use). I was very happy with how clean the room was, too. All the employees were very nice-they even offered to help me with my luggage! There was fresh popcorn when I arrived too! The other thing that stuck out to me, was that the pictures on their website were exactly what I found when I arrived. They lady at the desk said they have only been open a few months. How cool!

Room Tip: My room was on the north side of the hotel & looked out toward the golf course nearby. Nice view...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Hotel was brand new, which was very exciting to find out! Our room was very clean & had a microwave & fridge in it. A big plus for us! We were given a goodie bag for being Choice Hotel members when we checked in too! Very friendly, helpful staff! The pool wasn't open yet, but no biggie for us. Definitely would recommend!!!

Room Tip: The king suites are very spacious!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Green Bay, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed one night at this brand-new hotel the night of October 14. The staff is very friendly, and the room was more than adequate.

I do question, however, the logic of opening a new hotel without the pool and whirlpool being finished (or, as the sign stated, "closed for maintenance"). Some people (including us) make that a required amenity when looking for a hotel. This could almost be considered false advertising, as there was no notation of this during the booking process. (To be fair, a follow-up confirmation e-mail I received DID state that the pool was closed.)

Also, the included breakfast was disappointing. The orange juice from the machine was literally all water, and the food was nothing special.

Overall, this seems to be an average hotel at present, and maybe a bit above once the pool and whirlpool are open.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Homewood, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed two nights here for a family event. Everything exceeded our expectations. The room was a suite with sofa, mini refrigerator, microwave and a coffee maker. The bed was very comfortable with GREAT pillows and a fluffy comforter. Heat was thermostatically controled. Cookies and popcorn available on arrival. All of the staff was very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was very good and well stocked. It was not exactly the same the second day as it was the first. A pleasant surprise. We will definitely stay here the next time we pass through Marion. The desk staff was helpful with finding a place for dinner. Only problem was as others have said new hotel, new street a little difficult to find. I called the hotel and they helped us get there! They also gave us a goody bag for being a member of Choice Hotels. That was a first for us.
Oh one more thing! We received an email prior to arrival about the pool and whirlpool not being open. There was also a sign at the desk. Not a surprise!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn Marion? Share your experiences!