“Pleasantly surprised.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 16 hotels in Marion
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Pleasantly surprised.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I booked this hotel when my other choice of hotel chain was completely booked. This is one of the nicest Best Western's we've stayed at in recent years and a bonus that the rates were so reasonable. We paid a few extra dollars for the larger king room, which came with came with a huge vanity area, and 2 refrigerators! The main room had a king bed and a sofa bed and was quite spacious. I was told that the property used to be another hotel which had been converted to a Best Western.

Room Tip: The hotel is very near the interstate--basically off a frontage type of road.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

179 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Grand Blanc, Mi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

This was just a one-nighter on our way to somewhere else, and we were very pleased. Pleasant people working there (who gave us the tip to try th 20's hideout steakhouse), extremely clean and pleasant room and swimming pool and a very good breakfast. This was a great find for the price.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Elk grove village, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Passing through for on business with my wife in tow. We found the hotel in very good condition with a friendly staff. Better breakfast than most places. Comfortable bed and room. The pool area was very well kept.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Rome,New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

As a newly wed this stay was a gift from my Step Dad and Mother....We had everything paid for by them and it was wonderful....We had fantastic rooms and use the great swimming pool area. We did find the free breakfast to be lacking a little but over all had a great time at a great place and would love to do it again....And for this we need to Think the wonderful staff at the Marion Best Western and my step Dadan Mother (Dale & Dessa Chester of Vienna,Illinois) who made this the most wonderful night of our life....Thank you all......

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Cumming, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

Traveling on our way home and realizing that we needed a place to stay for the night, we quickly checked Tripadvisor. It has never let us down. We were able to quickly find a good hotel in a budget-friendly price range about 30 miles away from our present location. We called the Best Western main number and were very quickly booked into a room by the friendly phone person. The hotel was easy to find and near a Cracker Barrel restaurant. The room was clean, beds comfortable and breakfast very good.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Lake Villa, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

I made my reservation and asked the gentleman if he would send me a confirmation, that never arrived. I called the next day to confirm and the young lady asked if I could hold for a moment, I said sure. I could hear her checking in another guest, not a big deal as I work in a hotel myself and I understand. After the guest she was checking in was gone I expected my call to be picked up. Much to my surprise, it was not. She proceeded to talk in the background to another employee who had just arrived at the hotel and then check in another guest followed by 8 minutes of total silence. When I finally hung up 20 minutes later I tried to call back so I could cancel before 6pm. I called back from 4 different telephone numbers and tried 15 or so times. NO ANSWER! I called the 800 number and some fellow who barely spoke English tried to cancel for me. It took him 5 times to get my last name right...couldn't find the reservation. Tried using my credit card number....couldn't find my reservation. So I decided to try the hotel again as it's now 30 minutes before 6pm. Someone actually answered the phone. I told the lady my story about being on hold and calling multiple times and that instead of confirming my reservation, I would now like to cancel.

I am appalled at the service that I had received and I didn't even check in yet. Also, how can you not answer the phone? I even had 4 separate phones calling at the same exact time!
It's shameful the way things are run there.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

My daughter's team stayed here to be close to a volleyball tournament the next morning. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Pool was nice. Breakfast was good. No complaints. Great value! We would recommend staying here for your group event! Had a nice lobby for visiting with our group also!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to Best Western Plus Marion Hotel? Share your experiences!