“You get what you pay for” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge

Save Saved
You added Econo Lodge to your Saves list
Econo Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1806 Bittle Place, Marion, IL 62959 (Formerly Miss Patti's Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #11 of 16 hotels in Marion
Saint Louis, Missouri
“You get what you pay for”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I read all the reviews of Econo Lodge before going there this weekend. It is so hard to judge because reviews are so different. I would not stay there again. You get what you pay for! It is very run down. It wasn't filthy like one reviewer said but it wasn't the cleanest either. They had all the exterior doors open because I guess the air conditioning didn't work or they didn't want to pay the bill. We got back to the hotel after midnight and all the exterior doors were unlocked( scarey) The bed wasn't too bad, luckily I was very tired so I slept ok. The owners have their vehicles parked under the covered entrance( probably afraid they would get stolen from the back parking lot)

Room Tip: Other side of the highway
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Saint Charles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I would give this property a zero if I could. Absolutely disgusting. Do not stay here. On the receipt you sign if you are in the room longer than 10 minutes there is no money refunded. I wasted over 150 on two rooms and was not there for even an hour. My internet did not work at all.When I called and before I checked in I was told that all the rooms had working Wi-Fi. They kept insisting since the guy across the hall could use his Wi-Fi it must be my computer issue with their router. My computer is not the issue. I have a brand new HP (and obviously I am writing this review after leaving the property). Management was rude and refused to issue a refund. Take your money somewhere else that does not have endtables and linens out in the hallway with an industrial fan. Urine soaked pet rooms and ripped carpeting. There are much better choices in Marion. Avoid this establishment at all costs. I wish I would have listened to the other reviews.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. I would write this in all caps if I could.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We wanted to stay in the area so we could bike the Tunnel Hill Bike Trail and visit Giant City State Park. Since it was a holiday week end we were somewhat limited in what was available so we took a chance on the Econo Lodge. Our room was clean, large, and had a comfortable bed. The continental breakfast included make-your-own waffles and enough other choices to rate it above most other continental breakfasts. The pool was clean and very refreshing after long days of biking and hiking. We will definitely consider staying here again if we go back to the area. The front desk was always responsive to our requests and check in was super speedy.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

It was decent for a night sleep, but for the room I got I think it was overpriced for what it was. I could hardly understand the guy at the front desk and no he wasnt a foreignor,he never smiled and the breakfast was very limited. I'm used to the donut and muffin breakfast but all there was, was cereal, bananas and donut holes. It wasn't awful but I wouldn't pay $60 for this place. The best part was location off interstate.

• Stayed June 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Went one night made reservations for three nights at one price then came to stay on my reservations he tried make us pay a higher price because of the hotel next door they talked each other this one went up ten dollars which made it a dollar more that the other when we asked why he says I was a day younger if you ask me that's pretty rude then he was trying to get us to write good review because we told him we were going to give him a bad review

• Stayed May 2013
Wagner, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

This is a nice hotel. I like it that the staff is so relaxed and they help with free shampoo, lotion, washing powder if you forget to bring your own. Fast Internet and close to the prison. Friendly owner and no racists like some of the other hotels around here. Its good value for money and the breakfast is nice with hot waffles. a nice hotel

Room Tip: We like downstairs because of the vending machines and the ice machine and the massage chair
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Ocean City, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Nice clean and quiet room, comfortable beds, great breakfast and awesome pool and hot tub! Was nice to have free local AND long distance too, and free wifi. What more could you ask for? Its a great place for a great price. We will definitely be back next time we are in town.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!