“Another Great Stay with Holiday Inn Express” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Marion
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hudson, Wisconsin
“Another Great Stay with Holiday Inn Express”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Our family hadn't stayed at a Holiday Inn Express until we took a trip to Florida in March. We had a successful stay in one on our drive down and so everyone suggested I find another to stay in our drive home.

We put in a v-e-r-y long drive on our first day and were hoping to find somewhere to stay in Paducah but everything was booked. We usually try to stay in that area because it's just over halfway home. I'm glad we pushed on to Marion, Illinois because we were quite pleased with the HIE we found there. It's a brand new hotel and everything is very clean. We arrived late but the front desk clerk gave us each a bottle of water and a snack, which I thought a nice touch.

Most importantly, our room was clean, quiet and the mattresses and pillows were comfortable. I wished I could have had an extra hour in that bed! The bathroom was not huge but roomy enough for our family with all our toiletries. They even gave my husband and son toothbrushes and toothpaste because they forgot to pack them on the return trip!

Breakfast was good and hot. We like the cinnamon rolls that the serve along with eggs, sausage and bacon. There's also an assortment of cereals, bagels, etc. Seating was adequate for the breakfast crowd.

We didn't stay long enough to take advantage of the exercise room and pool, but they're there for those who want them. There's also a large flatscreen TV in the room if you've got the time to watch but we had to pack up and hit the road. Based on my family's response, I would be happy to stay here again and would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a place to stay in the Marion, IL area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Matt M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marion, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Thank you for staying with us! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to the next time you stay with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Freeburg, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at this hotel while doing business in the area. I travel quite often on business. This hotel was clean and centrally located, with several restaurants close by. The only complaint I would have is I didn't think the staff was very friendly, especially the ladies working the breakfast area!

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. We take all guest comments very seriously and I apologize that you did not find our breakfast attendant to be very friendly. I can promise that the next time you stay with us you will not have the same experience. Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to your next stay!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We were not on our way to a game... this time :) Traveling to visit family and pulled off at exit #54 off of I-57 in Illinois. Last time we were through this way the whole area was under construction, but is now finished. At check-in fresh cookies were just put out. If you are a priority card holder you also get snacks and water. Had a wonderful experience, beautiful rooms, loved the bed, had microwave and a small fridge. Carpets were very clean and room smelled very clean, believe me I have a knack for picking up on when folks have smoked in a non-smoking room! Even the elevators and stairways were without a smell of smoke. Had a wonderful stay. Lots of places nearby to dine, if you like BBQ then 17 St. BBQ is across the way. --- Tried to submit this earlier today and my Ipad froze so I hope it doesn't post twice, but if it does all the better this is a great hotel and staff was very nice - Oh and I enjoyed the breakfase, lots of items to choose from - that saved us another $25 :)

Room Tip: Our room was quiet, we were on second floor room 205 which is far from the elevators but near the st...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us! Thank you also for all your kind words and great comments!
Gadsden, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

It is one of the newest and also the nicest hotel in the area. The friendly staff is always eager to make each stay an exceptional experience. The hotel is within walking distance of several restaurants, as well as a minor league baseball venue. I would recommend the hotel to anyone visiting the area and/or passing through.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thanks again for staying with us and the great feedback regarding your stay. We look forward to your next stay with us!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

The best staff always friendly and very helpful. Always willing to offer suggestions for eating and activities in the area. By far the cleanest hotel in the area. Great location, within walking distance of several restaurants. One of my favorite reasons to stay at this hotel is close to the golf course and a great neighborhood, for those who like to get out and walk/jog. The amenities are excellent as well, they have a nice patio area connected to the indoor pool for those warm days you want to jump in and then enjoy some sun. I recommend anyone in the area to stay at this HIE!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate all your kind words in regards to your stay with us! I have shared all your feedback with the entire staff and we look forward to your next stay with us!
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

On the way back from Iowa we chose this as our halfway stop, good decision.
The hotel is obviously new, the 2 guys working the front desk were busy but very friendly. They made good recomendation of somewhere good to eat just around the corner, 17th Street Barbecue which was great, thanks guys.
The room we got unfortunately only had the smallest refrigerator i have seen in a hotel room probably only 1 cu ft with no ice box.
It was easy to find just off the interstate but far enough away that you couldnt hear it at all.
Will stay here again

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your great feedback regarding your stay at our hotel!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We arrived 1-30-13. I had to come here because I reserved a room at another HI, but upon arrival, I found the power was out. So, I cancelled my reservation. They called this location to make sure they had power. I guess the snow was giving them problems. I came directly here.

The clerks at the front were very friendly, accommodating and were very nice to my children. Even when a guest decided to complain because as we entered our room, the suitcases smacked the ground kind of hard (it was an accident) and my son jumped around a bit because he freaked a little, the clerks at the front called to tell us, but told us not to worry about it - that some people just felt the need to complain about every little thing.

My children were quickly settled and passed out. The beds were comfortable and clean. The room was quiet and warm. We slept really well. This location has only been open for a year, I believe, so everything is updated and new. Everything in the room was clean.

The breakfast was standard, but nice and hot. The morning staff was just as nice as the staff from the night before. I would definitely return to this location. Good prices. This was a very comfortable stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Matt M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marion, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for all your kind comments concerning your stay with us! We value all guest feedback. Next time you visit the Marion area please stay with us again!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marion? Share your experiences!