“Have to agree with most!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Marion

You added Days Inn Marion to your Saves list
Days Inn Marion
1008 Halfway Road, I-57 at Exit 54B/Rt 13W, Marion, IL 62959 (Formerly Motel 6 Marion)   |
Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Marion
Bryan, Texas
“Have to agree with most!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Here it is, several years after the first horrible reviews and I have to say, not much, if anything has changed! The lobby is completely "torn out" and don't know if it's actually in process or they just stopped working on it altogether. I'm not sure this hotel CAN be fixed or renovated....it's just TOO far gone! Everything is beat up or has been painted a kazillion times. The heat/air unit was "a goner!" Outside, it was cold and inside, it was either freezing or frying. The room was so small that my bed was almost on top of the unit and I spent all night (literally) trying to regulate the danged thing. Everyone would be too hot and the very second it was adjusted to not blow hot air, everyone was freezing! Motel 6...shame on you for allowing (as someone said LONG ago) your flag to fly here! Either help this place or remove the corporate name before you lose a LOT of customers. I landed there intending to stay "by the week" and left the morning after I got there. I will NEVER book with Motel 6 again until and unless I've checked the place out visually BEFORE booking!!!! The girl (NOT THE OWNER) who worked there was a sweetheart however.... just saying, because it's the ONLY redeeming quality of this dump!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Rochester, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Its hard to give this motel a good review, but also hard to say its completely horrible. We checked in late 10/11 pm wanted two rooms on ground level. Had a hard time understand the guy at the front desk, he wasn't from southern illinois, by the sound of his broken english. Regardless we got two rooms, ground level that connected even, like they did in the old days. Of course this motel was a leftover from the old days, vintage roadside inn kinda place. It was a bit dirty, had some kind a beetle and a couple spiders that we noticed in both rooms. In the one room a corner appeared to be 6 inches higher than the rest of the floor. Beds were worn out, sheets seemed clean. The heater in the room with two doubles worked like a champ, with the connecting door open you feel the heat in the back of the other room. Only one of the rooms had a working exhaust fan in the bathroom. Both showers had good water pressure and plenty of hot water, however the shower head hits an average height person in the chest. The cinder block walls seem to have been a little drafty, even though we ran the heater for awhile when we got in, the room cooled off fast. The walls also didn't keep out any of the sound from adjacent rooms or the sirens that went off throughout the nights. We only paid $100 for the two rooms, your other choices in town are almost that for one room. I can handle roughing it once in awhile, if you need a bed this will work, if you need luxury you should drive on by.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Not as horrible as the reviews I read. All me and my fam needed was a place to sleep, so we were thinking cheap. It was cheap, just a. basic Motel 6 room. My husband went in first to scope it out, since i was skeptical after reading all the reviews. And the room was fine, clean is my top priority and it was. Looks like maybe they tried do some updating after seeing their terrible reviews. New comforters and wood flooring. Not too bad for the price.

• Stayed October 2012
Paw Paw
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed at many Motel 6. This sadly was one of the worst. The toilet rocked, the entire bathroom was held together with badly done caulk. A truck idled outside the Motel the entire night. The quality of the rooms did not merit the price...

• Stayed August 2012
Manns Choice
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

The Marion, IL Motel 6 advertises free wifi but I was told when my kids and I checked (July 18, 2012) in that they didn't have wifi. The rooms were filthy! My 10 month old grand daughters feet and legs looked like she had been playing in a coal bin after walking and crawling on the carpet. There was mold around the bathroom door frame. We slept on top of the bed comforters. The one positive experience was the pool. I told the manager about the carpets when we checked out and his response was "okay okay". If there had been another room available in Murphysboro, Carbondale or Marion, we surely wouldn't have stayed at this Motel 6. Also, the housekeeping staff were putting soiled towels in shopping carts "borrowed" from the Sams Club located behind the motel. Hum, I wonder if Sams Club is aware of that?

Room Tip: Avoid this motel!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Spring Hill, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

This was the second worst room I have ever stayed in. I went there because it was pet friendly and I was traveling with my boston terrier. The room smelled bad,was filthy and the dog couldnt even sleep. The best thing I can say about it was that it was cheap and there was no extra cost for the dog.

Room Tip: this whole building should be demolished, I dont think you could find a good clean room here.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

I usually like Motel 6 because it is usually a basic, clean motel that is pet friendly. This Motel 6
was the worst motel I have ever had to stay in. The "room"
they put us in was in the back of the hotel and was a "pet" room. The room was filthy. It had
crumbs all over the so called carpet. The walls had dirty human foot prints running up and down them. The linens and spreads were questionable at best. The bathroom caulking
was so poorly applied, I guess they needed a lot to hold the old linoleum and bathtub down.
The molding around the door frames was rotting in sections and black and moldy. The big
kicker was that this Motel 6 charged us a $20,00 pet fee for this room. If the weather hadn't
been so nasty, we would have left. I complained to the desk clerk and told him how disappointing my stay at the hotel had been. His reply, "I'll pass your information on."
Well, the clerk doesn't have to pass it on, I am. Don't stay in this motel. The "lights should
be turned off" at this Motel 6 in Marion, IL and thrown out of the chain.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Marion? Share your experiences!