“RUN !!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

“RUN !!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

TWO WORDS
GOT BUGS !!!
Bugs and Bug poo in ever corner.
Even the sink where I had to brush my teeth,
They crawl around at night.
Carpet so dirty I had to throw my socks away,
and my toothbrush ******* YUK bugs on my toothbrush ******
Non smoking room smelled of smoke.
Two nights in the worst room health standards could possibly allow.
No ice machine, so I couldn't even drink my sorrows away.
Runnn !!!!
Do not stay here unless you have the wrecking ball and you are there to tear it down......
Corporate Lodging needs to cancel thier contract with this one !!!!!

Room Tip: Find another hotel !!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I was there today 5/2013.The entire place STUNK including non smoking room. Everything was old and outdated but, that was the highlight.!! Pool was open just cause I asked. My 8 yr olds hair turned green. The desk in room was filthy, sticky and had red all over it. I cleaned it. The bedding was a dingy yellow but use to be white and everything was stained. The door had a gap and didn't seem secure. I opened a "new" plastic disposable cup to find it had been opened, wet and the rim chewed on! !! It was obvious it was rinsed out and put back for use! !. That was it! ! I went down ( holding breath due to odor) complained,said it was discusting and showed my daughters hair and demanded a refund. I GOT IT! !
Sleep in your car! Health Dept should really look into them

• Stayed May 2013
STONY MOUNTAIN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We were on our way south from Canada with our pets and my husband wanted a motel that had easy access to the car. Access to the car was very easy; in fact, the door was not too solid and that was only the beginning. I thought I could deal with the ancient bedding as my hubby requested and received "clean" sheets (yellowed, stained, wrinkled). He had asked the receptionist if there were bugs and she replied, "of course not. If there were bugs, I wouldn't be working here". I think she needs to get a new job! While my husband went out to find dinner for us, I discovered black bugs behind the bed and behind the dresser. I don't know what cockroaches look like so I googled them and they were pretty close!! Who knows what might have crept out after the lights were out??!! I promised my husband that I would haul suitcases up stairs if we checked out. By 9 pm we were checked into a Super 8 across the road. Even though we paid extra (I paid this time), it was soooo worth it!! No bugs at America's Best Inn?? Hah!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Ozark, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I ended up with this hotel through Hotwire which tells you I tend to gamble sometimes as far as what I'll end up with. It wasn't that bad though for the price my friend and I paid splitting the total cost of the room ($30 each). I probably wouldn't stay there for multiple nights in a row or anything like that, but for a cheap place to just stop in for a night on the way through town on a long trip it works. It is older, but it was clean and it didn't smell bad at all. The lady at the front desk when we checked in was very pleasant and helpful and the girl there at check out seemed nice enough, too. We actually stayed and had the breakfast offered there. I had a toasted bagel w/cream cheese, a banana, and some juice. Others there at the same time said the biscuits and gravy where good as well. So all in all...not THAT bad. It's not the Hilton, but for the price it worked out just fine.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Windsor Heights
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

My husband wanted a cheap room, despite the bad reviews, other hotels were filled and this one was just $50. We checked in at 12:30am, asked for a non-smoking room. The lady said it was a "nice room, I even sleep in there myself soetimes." The bed smelled of smoke every time I rolled over. The carpet was filthy; yellow stuff on the bathroom wall. In the morning I pulled back the sheets to discover a badly worn out, stained mattress. Upon check out the man behind the counter told me the room (212) was indeed a "non smoking room" and that we should have asked for a different room. I'm surprized a place like this keeps it's franchise. The continental breakfast consisted of toast, hot water, oatmeal mix and english muffins. Very disappointing night on the road. Shoulc have slept in a Wal Mart parking lot.

Room Tip: Go anywhere else
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

Please, pleaseee, please I beg of you, don't pay to stay at this hotel. In fact I wouldn't stay here for free. I was just there this past weekend. The room had a foul odor. The sheets and spreads were stained. The towels were faded and more like rags. After calling to complain, I was told that maybe I was given a bad room, but not offered a better room. I stayed in my car. Again stay clear of this place!!! Unbelieveable...

Room Tip: Don't go here period!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dieterich
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

During our family visit I stayed at this motel for the first time.Friendly staff.Clean room.Breakfast was ok for the price we paid.Close to several restaurants and mall.
We will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to America's Best Inn Marion? Share your experiences!