“Quality is the Correct Description” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Marion
Whiteville TN
“Quality is the Correct Description”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stay 2-3 nights in Marion every 4 months or so when visiting an old veteran friend of mine who is in domiciliary care there. Fortunately I always get to stay in the exact same room, ground floor near an outer entrance that has disabled parking at the door. The room is magnificent. Fridge, microwave, whirlpool, Wi-Fi, lounge chair, working desk, large window, wonderful king bed, and outstanding housekeepers. Desk personnel are always more than helpful. Even assisted me with my luggage without my asking. Next door is a top of the line steakhouse and across the street is a Cracker Barrel restaurant. Only minutes away from a large mall and more varieties of restaurants than you can imagine. Will I continue to stay here? Yes, as long as they are here. Oh yes, one very important item......the price is right.

Room Tip: I always stay on the east ground floor so I can't really compare other locations.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Quality I, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Marion, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and share your feedback with us! We accommodate several guest every evening, so it's always nice to hear such positive feedback and know we are satisfying your lodging needs! I have shared your comments with our team, and they join me in thanking you!

We look forward to your next visit with us!

Amy Rogers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Green Valley, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Hotel was clean, well priced and staff was very friendly and accommodating for a walk in reservation on Labor day weekend. The only complainant I have is there were spots on two of the chairs that needed to be cleaned. But had fridge, microwave, recliner, flat screen TV, coffee maker and other than the chairs, very, very clean!! Got alot more than expected for the price. Will be back next year!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Quality I, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Marion, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Hello Mick,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel and sharing your feedback on your recent visit to our hotel. We value and appreciate all information our guest give us, good or bad, because it tells us what we are doing right and where we could improve. I shared your review with our team and they join me in thanking you for the kind words and the information you provided us. We will address the issue with the chairs, and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the area!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed one night while in Marion. Staff were very friendly. Room clean. AC in room very cold. Bed comfortable. Free breakfast was good. This is an older building but well kept. We stayed in king suite for 85.00 I can not complain about anything.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Quality I, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Marion, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your
review will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Poinciana, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Traveling thru Marion, IL and stopped at the Quality Inn & Suites. Not recommended for seniors unless you make reservations that guarantee you a room on the first floor since there is no elevator and you have to drag your luggage up a flight of steps or leave it in your car.

Room comfortable. Breakfast minimal.

Room Tip: Request first floor.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Hello and thank you for taking the time to fill out a review for us and give us your feedback. We value all feedback from our guest and customer satisfaction if very important to us. Please except my apologies for not having an elevator. I understand this is an inconvenience to some guest, but we always accommodate any first floor request the best we can, so again I apologize for the inconvenience this caused you.

I do hope you stay again and give us a chance to better serve you!

Bunker Hill
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I Always stay here!! Comfortable beds, clean nice pool!!! A dvd player and rental movies!!!! Cracker barrel next door or mackies pizza!!!! Love this place!!!!! I could teach them better on the gravy but pretty good for hotel!!!!

Room Tip: Everthing just right!!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Quality I, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Marion, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Hello Vicky,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your kind words will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our hotel.

Again, thank you, and we look forward to having you as our guest in the future!

Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Came to Marion to hike in nearby forest areas- the hotel had almost no information, or maps about any of multiple parks around them. The night clerk was nice enough to go on line and print out couple maps and give his recommendations. We followed them the next day and spent a great day in park and swimming in a lake.
I booked a non-smoking king room looking away from highway 57. To accommodate my request, they had to upgrade me to a jacuzzi king suite. Sounded exciting, but turned out a great inconvenience. A total idiot designed these with a jacuzzi in the bathroom open into the room!? So all the toilet sounds and smells travelled to the room without any obstacle! Ridiculous!
The room was not cleaned: there were long black hairs all over the bathroom floor and jacuzzi! There were even several dirty towels left there. Room carpet was not vacuumed- bits and pieces everywhere! I have never seen anything like that!
No credit was offered for an outrageous thing like that, either.
Bed was ok, but pillows were bad.
Breakfast was all that you dread to get!
Quality inn , my foot! And they had a gold award for 2013 on the wall!??? If I have seen the best Quality inn, I will never book one in the future!

Room Tip: Stay away from king suite /w jacuzzi.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Quality I, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Marion, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time out of your day to let us know about your recent experience at our hotel. You are absolutely correct in noting that we should have a more extensive brochure section. We do have basic information on local parks, but we will look into having more specific information readily available. Thank you for this comment. I do also apologize because you did not enjoy the way your king suite looked. They are definitely unique rooms and can be quite divisive. Many couples enjoy the layout because they are able to watch television from the comfort of their whirlpool tub. Occasionally, we do get people who do not enjoy it for the reasons you outlined. Our front desk agents are trained to tell people about the interesting layout of the rooms because of the fact that some guests do not enjoy it. I will be reminding them that they are required to do this.

I do also apologize that the room was not satisfactorily cleaned. We have a high standard of cleanliness at our hotel, so I will find who was working on this day and have a discussion with our head housekeeper and the individual who cleaned the room. I am also very disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy our breakfast. We mostly get positive comments on the breakfast, but I am sorry to hear it was not to your liking. In case other people are reading this, we do offer waffles, biscuits and gravy, hard boiled eggs donuts, danishes, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, toast, bagels, muffins, fruit, coffee and juice amongst others. Thank you again for your comments. We will do everything we can to correct these issues! Feel free to call us at the hotel if you have any other questions or concerns.

Clinton, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We were on a trip and passing through and needed late night rooms. Weird night as it took a long time to check in. Staff was excellent. The rooms appears old and even outdated. One room had a dehumidifier in the middle of the room that was full. Had to empty it and move it. Had athletes on our trip but they would not let them swim laps as it was "after hours." We were able to get one room suite that we could put our 6 girls in. That was nice. It's a nice place to stay and we would return in a heart beat.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Quality I, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Marion, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Good Morning!

Thank you so much for your feedback on your recent visit to our hotel! I am happy to hear that, overall, your stay was a pleasant experience. I do apologize that you found a dehumidifier in one of your rooms. This should not have happened. I also apologize that you did not get to enjoy the pool as long as you would have liked. Our outdoor pool and courtyard is definitely one of the benefits of our hotel. It is a beautiful area that many of our guests return to our hotel to take advantage of. It is open from 8:00 AM till 10:00 PM daily during our warmer season. The reason we can't keep it open longer is because our insurance policy only covers us during those hours. We wish we could have accommodated you on this issue, but the reason should have been conveyed to you to clear things up.

I am thrilled to hear that we had a room that could accommodate your group. We do have a variety of room sizes, including a suite with three beds, which it sounds like you enjoyed. This room is one of the larger rooms in the area and includes a kitchenette. This makes it great for larger families or guests who plan to stay long-term.

Thank you again for your feedback and letting us know about your stay! We very much hope to see you again at our hotel so that we can make your next stay even better than the last!

Matt Hill
Front Desk Manager

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Marion? Share your experiences!