“Pleasantly surprised.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Marion
Ocala,Fl.
“Pleasantly surprised.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

After reading many reviews and being a Choice hotel member I selected this hotel
on a trip to Minneapolis from Fla. Easy to get to, clean, good area and comfortable.. Stayed in (2) Choice hotels (the other a Comfort Inn in Paducah, KY and both were outstanding and the price was right.

Room Tip: Ask for room # 125. Great view of the pool and the breakfast atrium.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Quality I, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Marion, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay. We are thrilled that you had a pleasant experience and we appreciate the wonderful comments. Clean, comfortable rooms with an outstanding guest experience is what we strive for daily!

Again, we thank you for choosing our hotel and for your kind feedback. We very much hope you join us again!

Matt Hill
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Aberdeen, South Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

I have always liked Quality Inns. This one was awful. Visited back in Jan 2014 & reviewed on hotel page...funny the review is not there! I did see positive ones, but can only believe the staff wrote them! The room was filthy, wallpaper falling off, dirty towels in my room, looks like never cleaned behind doors, awoke to spider (quarter size) hanging about 2 ft over my head which lead me to look for more... found one more but saw the corners of the room were floor to ceiling webs. I had a lot more on this place but time has passed. I'm just additionally mad because they deleted or chose not to show my message. Do yourself a favor & don't stay here. Btw - the desk staff were unfriendly and the breakfast was nothing special. Any raves about it are all false!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Quality I, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Marion, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not fully meeting your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

And I apologize for your previous review, but I would defiantly contact trip advisor regarding this. We are in no way allowed to delete or remove reviews, nor do we put any comment on there ourselves. All reviews are from guest and the experiences they have at our hotel. We value all feedback from our guest, good or bad. If we're not told the issues guest have, we wouldn't know about them, and this is why we value them so much.

Lenexa, Kansas, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

Had a nice over nite stay. All the desk staff were friendly. Breakfast was fine. What I expect for a hotel like that. Room was clean. I am a loyalty member although don't have many points and still greeted with a bag of goodies ! Would stay again and the price was right !

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights during my son's graduation weekend. Because my 21-year-old had to move out of his apartment on Saturday after his graduation, he needed to stay in the hotel with me, his dad, and my other 6'4, 310, Offensive Lineman son for one night prior to our return to Chicago. The beds were really not big enough for the two of them to sleep together. David, a guy that worked on the front desk, wrecked his brain trying to figure out how to accommodate us, especially since all area hotels were sold out. He finally offered us a rollaway bed, brought it to the room and everyone slept comfortably. Did I mention it was after 1:00 in the moring. One of the things that makes a hotel a nice place is a great staff. Although this was not a Hilton or Marriott, I sure received top quality service, and for that alone, I would return to this hotel. Thank you, David, for understanding, and for making my son's graduation weekend nice for my entire family. YOU DESERVE A BIG RAISE!!! Your customer service ethic made me feel like I was at a 5-star hotel. And, trust that I know what I'm talking about. I'm a Hilton Honors member, a Marriott Vacation Club owner, work on the Mag Mile (Michigan Avenue) in Chicago, and would put you right up there with the best of them. Again, many thanks!!! You put the "Quality" in Quality Inn.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Quality I, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Marion, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Hello,

Thank you so much for your kind words and feedback. We appreciate it very much and I will share this information with David; he will be very glad to hear this!

Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future! Congratulations to son and family on his graduation!

Girard
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

We stayed here in Jan 2014 while travelling back from visiting family in GA. My father and sister was with me, and we needed a room with a sleeper sofa or roll away bed. We found this location to be a terrible experience. The entire facility was dirty in my opinion, including the room. Housekeeping there leaves a lot to be desired. The place seemed dull and dingy. Everything thing needs updated.

The staff was friendly enough and the breakfast was typical of hotels, but the breakfast area seemed small and felt crowded.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Quality I, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Marion, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not fully meeting your expectations. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we value all feedback from our guest, good or bad. It tells us what we are doing and where we need improvements. Please be assured that the issues you raised have been addressed to out team.

Toulon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

We stop here everytime we are in the area. Clean. Friendly. Breakfast is great. Different nights they offer popcorn or cookies. Main reason we stay here is because the rooms are always clean!! It nice to have a Cracker Barrel next door, too.

• Stayed April 2014
Quality I, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Marion, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you so very much for your feedback on your most recent stay with us. We value all feedback from our guests, good or bad, I tells us what we are doing right and what we can do to make each stay for every guest a better one! We will share your feedback with our team as encouragement to continue great customer service to all.

Thanks,
Fairview Heights IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

We drove in from southern Oklahoma because my Father had passed away. We didn't make it here in time, we were tired and weary from the trip along with the grief of the passing of my Father. All of the staff from the desk that first night to house keeping, to our cooks in the morning for breakfast, up to our final desk clerk the morning we checked out. ALL WERE OUTSTANDING to us. The compassion that was showed to us by each employee was above and beyond it just being a job to them. We will never forget this stay. And when going back home we will always use this motel. Ours plans were to leave on that Monday but there had been an ice storm and then snow so we ended up staying yet another day. Again, everyone was just there for their guests. We appreciate you love and concern to us during this very hard time.

Room Tip: Right in front was a Cracker Barrel and to the side was a steak place and a gas station was next. T...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Quality I, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Marion, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your
review will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Amy Rogers

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Marion? Share your experiences!