“Great Staff, Made My Son's Graduation Nice” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Marion
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Staff, Made My Son's Graduation Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights during my son's graduation weekend. Because my 21-year-old had to move out of his apartment on Saturday after his graduation, he needed to stay in the hotel with me, his dad, and my other 6'4, 310, Offensive Lineman son for one night prior to our return to Chicago. The beds were really not big enough for the two of them to sleep together. David, a guy that worked on the front desk, wrecked his brain trying to figure out how to accommodate us, especially since all area hotels were sold out. He finally offered us a rollaway bed, brought it to the room and everyone slept comfortably. Did I mention it was after 1:00 in the moring. One of the things that makes a hotel a nice place is a great staff. Although this was not a Hilton or Marriott, I sure received top quality service, and for that alone, I would return to this hotel. Thank you, David, for understanding, and for making my son's graduation weekend nice for my entire family. YOU DESERVE A BIG RAISE!!! Your customer service ethic made me feel like I was at a 5-star hotel. And, trust that I know what I'm talking about. I'm a Hilton Honors member, a Marriott Vacation Club owner, work on the Mag Mile (Michigan Avenue) in Chicago, and would put you right up there with the best of them. Again, many thanks!!! You put the "Quality" in Quality Inn.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Quality I, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Marion, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Hello,

Thank you so much for your kind words and feedback. We appreciate it very much and I will share this information with David; he will be very glad to hear this!

Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future! Congratulations to son and family on his graduation!

Amy R.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Girard
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

We stayed here in Jan 2014 while travelling back from visiting family in GA. My father and sister was with me, and we needed a room with a sleeper sofa or roll away bed. We found this location to be a terrible experience. The entire facility was dirty in my opinion, including the room. Housekeeping there leaves a lot to be desired. The place seemed dull and dingy. Everything thing needs updated.

The staff was friendly enough and the breakfast was typical of hotels, but the breakfast area seemed small and felt crowded.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Quality I, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Marion, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not fully meeting your expectations. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we value all feedback from our guest, good or bad. It tells us what we are doing and where we need improvements. Please be assured that the issues you raised have been addressed to out team.

Toulon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

We stop here everytime we are in the area. Clean. Friendly. Breakfast is great. Different nights they offer popcorn or cookies. Main reason we stay here is because the rooms are always clean!! It nice to have a Cracker Barrel next door, too.

• Stayed April 2014
Quality I, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Marion, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you so very much for your feedback on your most recent stay with us. We value all feedback from our guests, good or bad, I tells us what we are doing right and what we can do to make each stay for every guest a better one! We will share your feedback with our team as encouragement to continue great customer service to all.

Thanks,
Fairview Heights IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

We drove in from southern Oklahoma because my Father had passed away. We didn't make it here in time, we were tired and weary from the trip along with the grief of the passing of my Father. All of the staff from the desk that first night to house keeping, to our cooks in the morning for breakfast, up to our final desk clerk the morning we checked out. ALL WERE OUTSTANDING to us. The compassion that was showed to us by each employee was above and beyond it just being a job to them. We will never forget this stay. And when going back home we will always use this motel. Ours plans were to leave on that Monday but there had been an ice storm and then snow so we ended up staying yet another day. Again, everyone was just there for their guests. We appreciate you love and concern to us during this very hard time.

Room Tip: Right in front was a Cracker Barrel and to the side was a steak place and a gas station was next. T...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Quality I, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Marion, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your
review will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Amy Rogers
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Price was good - Check Charged me $ 10 a night for the Room I requested was a the only negative (I always stay on 2nd floor facing the parking lot ) . The bed was comfortable and the stay was good . The only surprise was the price increase. I was tired from a 11 hour drive from Texas Just wanted to rest

Room Tip: Stand you ground on the reservation price you made
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Quality I, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Marion, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback. We will share this information with our team to insure we continue and improve in customer satisfaction. Please except my sincere apology on the billing issue, and next time you are in the area, stop by and we'll make sure to correct that problem.

Thanks again!
Amy
GM
Berlin, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

This was supposed to be a suite...it was just a room with a recliner. There was a desk and uncomfortable desk chair. It was clean and beds comfortable. Funishings old and worn. Breakfast was very good and extensive for a hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Quality I, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Marion, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback! It is greatly appreciated and will be shared with the staff.

Amy, General Manager
Belleville, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We have stayed here before and been quite satisfied. The employees are just the best, from Matt at the desk to the young lady at their really good Breakfast bar. However this time I must admit the place has really gone downhill. The furnishing in our room were old and shabby. The recliner upholstery was really dirty so I covered it with a throw and used it that way. Beds and pillows are just okay. My blanket had not been laundered and had what appeared to be food on it. Room was just overall not quite clean and needed some TLC. Bathroom was clean but here again, furnishings were old and worn. When we left just for the day, they did not tend to the room at all. When I requested they do so the next day, it was only partially done. This hotel is used to be the best for the money but I can't say at the anymore. We might have been happier to have paid more and had better accommodations. Used to be a really great place to stay. I wish they would do an overhaul of the place because it used to be very nice.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Quality I, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Marion, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not fully meeting your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. We are starting some updating to the hotel this year, and do hope it will make some improvement to satisfy the guest's experience.

Amy Rogers
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marion
BEST WESTERN PLUS Marion Hotel
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#9 of 16 in Marion
4.0 of 5 stars 89 reviews

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Marion? Share your experiences!