“Comfortable home, central lcoation for Garden of Gods” 4 of 5 stars

Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Marion
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Milford, OH
“Comfortable home, central lcoation for Garden of Gods”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My daughter and I enjoyed our long Thanksgiving weekend exploring southern Illinois' Garden of the Gods. Marion, IL turned out to be a good location for driving to the many geologic, swamp, National Forest or river areas of interest. We found this motel to be quiet, comfortable, with good breakfasts, evening cookies and helpful staff. You can easily get to restaurants and shopping or to the natural areas to the south and west.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Fairview Heights IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

The hotel was very nice. Room very clean and comfortable. Staff friendly. Everything went well into the breakfast. Our little table was close to the their kitchen. The food was good and we really enjoyed the breakfast. The had run out of eggs. Two grown women stood in their little room talking back and forth about "how in the world" could she had run out of eggs. We thought they didn't realize we could hear them but you could hear every word that was said. They first said, "they just wouldn't speak to one another". Then the older lady said she was sorry and that she should not have reacted like she did. All was well in the their little room again. Kind of messed up our nice breakfast. But other than that great stay.

Room Tip: We had room upstairs one room from there and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

This was a great hotel to stop at when traveling with your dog! It was very clean, does not smell like smoke or pets & the staff was very friendly. Great grass area behind hotel to let the dog stretch her legs. There are not a lot of good hotels that allow dogs & I really appreciate when a clean, nice hotel allows our WHOLE family to stay.

• Stayed July 2013
Bessemer, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I'm not a negative person by nature, but this hotel was one of the worst I've ever seen. My husband and I had been traveling for hours before we decided to stop in Marion, IL. If you've ever been to this city you know that there are so many hotels that they're practically stacked up on top of one another. Well, I had tried to read the reviews as we were nearing the town, but since we had such a great experience at Marriott in Lake City Florida, we thought we would just go to the Marriott in Marion, no matter what the cost. Unfortunately for us, Marriott was completely full, so we had to try to choose between the 20 other hotels. We were so tired that we settled on Country Inn and Suites. Big mistake! Honestly, I've never been so creeped out by a place in all my life. I ended up not sleeping very much because I just felt like the place was dirty and thought it was quite possible that they had some bug issues. Though, that was never proven. I never saw any bugs or anything, it was just uncomfortable and over priced ta boot! The Marriott set the standard for what I want and Country Inn & Suites set the standard for what I don't want. This is just my opinion, but that's what reviews are, after all. My advice when you get to Marion, IL is to go to the Marriott first, if it's full, get back in your car and get to the nearest town that has a Marriott. :) Shalom! D

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Joliet, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had a fantastic check-in by a young female receptionist who upgraded us to a suite because of our Club Carlson Gold Status. Our suite had a living room and separate bedroom with a door that could be shut going into the bedroom. The king sized bed was very comfortable. There was a large flat screen TV in the living room & one in the bedroom. The bathroom was spotless with good amenities including a good hair dryer. The water pressure in the shower was great. There was a fridge, microwave & coffee pot . The free wifi was fast & very easy to connect to.

There is a pool, exercise room and hot tub for all guests. There is also a guest laundry. A complimentary breakfast is available with a good variety of cold & hot foods including very good coffee.

When we walked into the room, there was a dog smell. The pullout sofa and upholstered chair were very dirty and smelled. They definitely need a good cleaning. The carpeting was sticky, so I wore my flip flops when I was in the room. If you have children with you in a suite, I wouldn't suggest you let them sleep on this sofa bed.

When we checked out the next morning, there were two other groups checking out that each had a dog with them. If you or your children have any animal allergies, you may want to look at another hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Check-in was prompt and the guest receptionist was polite and informative. The room was clean, air-conditioner worked well and there was good shower pressure. The mattress was comfortable and the sheets were fitted! There was an extra lightweight blanket in the closet which was nice as the standard hotel comforters are much too warm and heavy for use outside of Alaska. There were plenty of choices for breakfast and the two women working the breakfast area were outstanding. Especially when I overfilled my waffle cup with too much batter and made a mess. I'm sorry I didn't catch her name, but a super employee cleaned up immediately after my mistake. She was gracious and should be employee of the month! There was a large grassy area behind the hotel for walking dogs and waste pick-up bags were available on one side of the hotel. This isn't a 5 star hotel, but the best we've stayed at in this price range in quite awhile. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Braceville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We were passing through Marion Illinois on our way back from Florida. The reviews for this hotel are correct, this was a great hotel, looks brand new, very clean, helpful front desk when we checked in, wish I could remember his name. We would definitely stay here again. Also, if you're a Harley Davidson fan, the Black Diamond HD dealer is right next door, a big plus for my husband.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Country Inn & Suites Marion? Share your experiences!