“THIS PLACE IS A DUMP” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn

You added Comfort Inn to your Saves list
Comfort Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1646 North Lafayette Street, Macomb, IL 61455 (Formerly Rodeway Inn Macomb)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Macomb
Macomb, Illinois
“THIS PLACE IS A DUMP”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

I would never stay here again, this place was a dump. We found bugs in our room, stains on our sheets. There were holes in the blankets. I could even sleep there. I was affraid to let my 2 yr old play in there. The bathroom tub even leaked. The breakfast was disapointing. Someone could not pay me enough to stay here. DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY HERE!!!! The women at the front desk was also very very very very rude.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
St Louis,Mo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2010

The outside is kind of dirty but the rooms are clean and comfortable. It is way better than the other value hotels in Macomb. The wireless internet is hard to receive sometimes.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

My husband, son and I just returned from a college visit and spent one night at the Rodeway Inn. It was not great, but I have stayed in worse! The room was clean and the motel appears to be doing quite a bit of remodeling. The beds were small and not very comfortable. The pillows were very flat and worn! If my son attends college in the area, I would try another motel, but would go back if nothing else available.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Macomb hotels

Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2010

I was getting ready to write a review of this hotel when I caught the headlines in the local paper. Unfortuantely, somebody booked a room for me at this place and after checking out my room, I decided to stay elsewhere on my own nickel.

A couple days later I read this:

Two people were arrested for using this hotel as a meth lab. I can't put a link here in the review, but you can google it for yourself, September 2010 McDonough The Voice newspaper, just type Macomb meth lab Rodeway motel and it will come up.

Don't stay here. Just really don't stay here.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Ridgecrest, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

My husband and I came to Macomb for his mother's funeral and were very, very disappointed with this place. My reservation got mixed up with other family members. Even after giving the clerk the confirmation number he was unable to correct it. I reserved a non smoking, ground floor room with a king bed and because of the mix up my husband and I ended up on the second floor with 2 full beds. The room was dirty and smelled heavily of cigarette smoke. Spider webs in the window, dead bugs in the ceiling corners. Two of the lamps didn't even have bulbs! The bedding was old and worn, the bed spreads were stained, that and the smell of cigarettes was disgusting. I would never, ever recommend this place any one!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2009

went to stay at the roadway inn on june 29 2009 for business went to the desk clerk to get some towels the clerk was busy talking to the general manager about men i heard them currsing i couldnt beleive what was coming out of there mouths i think in a business manner your personal life shouldnt be talked about where everybody can hear it they didnt even see me standing there because they were to busy talking and using vulgar language i checked out and went else where will never stay there again

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2009

This was by far the best hotel i've stayed at! Not only because of their rooms, but because of their amenities and the staff. Upon arriving, Check-in was fast and easy, and they staff couldn't have been more friendly!! The rooms were nice, clean, and very cozy!! along with the free WiFi, the Pool was AMAZING!! It was a very large pool area, also including a hot-tub. We all had a blast! The staff was more than willing to talk to us and make us feel at home, i would definitely stay here any chance i have, and i recommend it to anyone looking for a hotel in Macomb!!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!