“Hidden Gem” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn

You added Comfort Inn to your Saves list
Comfort Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1646 North Lafayette Street, Macomb, IL 61455 (Formerly Rodeway Inn Macomb)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Macomb
“Hidden Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

I've stayed at the Hotel numerous time. In fact I stayed at this Hotel prior to the remodel and its like a totally different Hotel. I have no complaints.
The beds and furniture are so comfortable. The TV and the appliances are up to date and lack nothing.
The people at the counter are always friendly and make me feel welcome.
The breakfast is good and decent. Like I said before I have no complaints.
The only reason I gave them 4 instead of a 5 rating is because of the parking lot. Its poorly lit and could use better lighting. Its not major, but needs some attention.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Diane_Alderson, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words concerning our staff and facilities. I will make sure to pass them on to the staff, and I'm sure they will add their thanks to mine. I appreciate your comments on our parking lot - we are so used to it that we don't see it the way others do. You have brought an important issue to our attention. Thank you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Huron, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

Don't let other rooms lead you astray. Outside of hotel is nothing to get excited about, but that's okay I'm staying inside.

Room was nice with comfy bed and nice TV.

I suggest room on back of hotel, 2nd floor for maximum quietness.

Would stay again.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words about our rooms. We do have an older building who's architechture is out of style but we try very hard to provide a nice stay. Thanks again.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

The room was really small compared to other Comfort Inns we've stayed at, and they don' have an elevator. There was a no slip mat on the bottom of the tub that was only semi stuck down; both dangerous and dirty. The toilet was loose on the floor so that when you sat down it rocked and made a loud clunk. The hand rail in one of the stairways was pulled out of the wall making it unsafe to use. And best of all - the entire town was under a boil order, but there was no mention of it when we checked in, nor were there any signs posted at the entrances. The only way you found out was if you went to get ice. Until this motel, Comfort Inn had been one of the motel chains I had felt very sure of. Now I'm sure I'll be more cautious.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for your comments, these are the basis for our continued improvement efforts. Unfortunately, boil orders are a fact of city life but we will certainly be more proactive in our efforts to ease the burden on our guests. Our handrail has been fixed but it's true there is no elevator in this two story facility. Front Desk staff are instructed to offer to help guest with their luggage. We hope you come back to see us and enjoy the changes elicited by your comments.
La Porte, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Was reluctant to book due to past reviews but the 2 hotels we usually stay at were booked. To our surprise the room very clean and appeared to be recently updated, staff was friendly and breakfast standard fare. Pool and whirlpool very nice. Canceled a future reservation and rebooked here for 2 nights at $50 a night cheaper. Only downside is no elevator, we had to request a first floor room and internet was sporadic.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Tom B, Regional Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments. Your feedback helps direct us as we continue to make improvements with regards to Guest Relations and Accommodations. Unfortunately we do not have an elevator; however, we put forth every effort in accommodating floor choices for our guests especially when known in advance. An internet upgrade is currently in the works. Thank you for your business.
Lake Forest, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I have stayed at this Hotel many times in the past . It has changed names many times.It currently is a Comfort inn. In the past year Comfort Inn has Modernized the rooms with everything being replaced .They have added a breakfast area with many selection of items and drinks. The staff is friendly and very responsive to your needs. The only thing that would be a negative is I enjoy staying here because of the pool and whirlpool. It always seem to have one or both of them (OUT OF ORDER). Other than that this place is a great place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Tom B, Regional Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
We appreciate your business. We did experience a mysterious and continuous loss of water in the spa and pool; however, I am pleased to report that the leak has been found and our pool and spa are both up and running without fail. I hope you'll join us for a refreshing and relaxing swim in the near future. Thank you for your business and comments.
Saint Charles, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

My daughter and I stayed for one night. We were in town for a visit to Western Illinois University. The room we had was updated, clean, and quite comfy. It did feel small, the furniture took up alot of room not leaving much dancing space. I imagine it had less and smaller furniture in a previous life. There was not an outlet near the desk, bring an extension cord. The breakfast was good. The pool area looked very nice, but we did not have time to use it. The wireless internet was free yet very slow, I may be spoiled! The staff was helpful with everything we needed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Tom B, Regional Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for your nice comments. I'm happy to report that the internet is getting upgraded. Upon your next visit, I hope you get the opportunity to enjoy, first hand, the pool and spa. Thank you for your business.
ROY UTAH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

we were at a super 8 and it was horrible!! called comfort inn and they had rooms available. the front had us a roomdesk lady (Tammy-Lee) was extremly nice and helpful, she had us a room and we were able to checkin the next morning bright and early. Tom was at the front desk in te morning and extremly freindly! room was clean smelled wonderful! continential breakfasts was good also. swimming pool looked inviting!! (wish i would have brought a swimsuit)

Room Tip: rooms on the back maybe quieter. we stayed on the hyw side.