“Nice place..nice staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Macomb
North Charleston, South Carolina
“Nice place..nice staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

This hotel is a great place to stay the outside isnt the best but its an old building my room was clean and the housekeeper came in everyday to clean and the staff is very friendly i will be back when im in the area

• Stayed August 2014
Cynthia C, Manager at Macomb Inn, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you for the nice comments. Thank you for staying with us. We are currently working on updating the outside of our facilities. Hope to see you on your return trip to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I'm going to be honest. I picked this hotel because it was the best price available for the weekend. And I was pleasantly surprised by an excellent experience, fabulous service, and nice rooms. This is a really well run and friendly hotel. I feel like I got an amazing value here. The exterior was not that impressive, but the inside was absolutely wonderful. The maids cleaned the rooms up every day, and the front desk was really helpful. I will definitely be back if I'm ever in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dubuque, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I had a great time at the Macomb Inn last weekend. My family was visiting WIU, and we liked our room a lot. It was clean, welcoming, family-oriented, and really comfortable. This is one of the best motel experiences I've had. The front desk was nice from the moment we checked in. When we told her we were knew to visit WIU, she recommended restaurants, some good buildings and programs to check out, and fun outdoors things for my younger kids.Our room was big and well-kept. We also found a few nice shops in town. If you're visiting Macomb in the near future, this is a truly great place to stay. My family had a wonderful time.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Cynthia C, Manager at Macomb Inn, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you for the lovely comments. I'm pleased to hear our staff did an excellent job in welcoming you and your family. We look forward to your return visit.
Upland, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We checked in on 6-22 and were given room 119. We went out to meet family and get supper and upon returning at approximately 10:00 p.m. found other people in our room. The front desk said the previous people had decided to stay longer, (at 9:00 at night). Thankfully, nothing was stolen. It was only after threatening to call the police did the clerk return our money. We have stayed here close to 30 years through good and bad since it was a Holiday Inn. Never have we come across anything like this or anyone like who they have working the desk. Dane Stoddard.

Cynthia C, Manager at Macomb Inn, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you for your comments. The situation has been looked into and addressed. My apologies for any discomfort this may have caused you. Again, thank you for your comment. We welcome you to try our accommodations again when you are back in the area.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Great service, generously sized and well-appointed rooms, amazing location, and a great pool for kids! Best price in town too! This place is a great value and has a really homey feel. The staff were so welcoming to my family. I would recommend stopping by if you're visiting or just driving through.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

My family had so much fun here! The pool was large, clean, and not too crowded. The rooms were great, and the staff was really friendly and family-oriented. Definitely the place to stay in Macomb, happy I discovered it. I'll definitely be back. We were visiting WIU and a college friend of mine, and the location was great. Our room was also generously sized and looked like it was recently redone? And I have to mention that the prize was the BEST in town. I would recommend this place to anyone!

Evanston, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I would recommend anyone visiting Macomb for WIU or business stay here! I have a client in Macomb, so I've visited many times. This new hotel exceeded all my expectations. I tend to stay at branded, affordable places, as such I've stayed at the Super 8 and Comfort Inn a few times. I decided to give this place a try because of the amazing rate and a good review from a friend. My room was in great, renovated condition. I had a big flat screen in my room, and I was really pleased with the service. I was there for a week, and my room was organized and cleaned every day. The linens were nice and the mattress great too! Plus, the front desk was really kind and welcoming. When I needed a late checkout because of a meeting, they were flexible and understanding.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Cynthia C, Manager at Macomb Inn, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you for the nice comments. We thank you for staying with us here at Macomb Inn. Our staff was pleased to make your stay an enjoyable one. We look forward to your return visits.

Been to Macomb Inn? Share your experiences!