“Comfort and Care” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inselhaus Bed & Breakfast

Inselhaus Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Macomb
Inselhaus Bed & Breakfast
You added Inselhaus Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
538 North Randolph Street, Macomb, IL 61455   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Macomb B&B and Inns
Chicago
“Comfort and Care”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2008

This B&B knows how to provide comfort and care to its guests. I will always remember the breakfast - one of the best breakfasts I have ever had. The owner and staff are professional and attentive.

I also enjoyed the pleasant breeze on the front porch and the comfortable chairs in the sitting area (living room). The architecture of this beautiful home put me at ease and made me feel at home.

The room was well cared for with a nice t.v., internet, and nicely stocked bathroom (lotions and shampoo). The bed had a good quality mattress.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
St. George, UT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2008

No question the place to stay in Macomb. I have stayed at the other B&B in Macomb for years as it was closer to my daughters....but just now found the Inselhaus which is far superior in my opinion. Extremely professional, outstanding breakfast, 10/10 for clean. Everything you need, high speed, TV, location (can run to the University Track or rec center or YMCA). The owners are outstanding host and quite generous. Whatever you need type of person without smothering you. There is no comparison, remember, I have stayed at the other one for many years. All the hotel options in Macomb are pretty cold places in far out locations. Cheers.

• Liked — The Owners, Breakfast and how Clean it was
  • Disliked — No weakness I coudl find
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
Davenport
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2008

I look forward to every stay at this wonderful B & B. When this early 20th Century home was restored, the proprietors, Dorothee and Karl, recreated its beauty while updating amenities to meet the needs of their guests. Enjoy visiting with other guests in the parlor or turn in early for a quiet read or snuggle with your loved one. Besides the comfortable, relaxed atmosphere, you will be dazzled with a sumptious breakfast the next morning. Dorothee and Karl are pros at making their guests feel at home at Inselhaus.

• Liked — calm, relaxing atmosphere
  • Disliked — can't stay there more often
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
europe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2008

Stayed at Inselhaus several times already.Dorothee Gossel does a fantastic job,highly professional.Just beyond your expectations.When you come to Macomb,stay there and write your review here.Anna Wagner,Austria,Europe.

• Liked — clean,food,service
  • Disliked — there was nothing to complain about
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
chicago, il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2007

Just visited Macomb on business and was told by a friend to stay at the Inselhaus bed and breakfest. Boy am I glad that I did. The host Dorothee was just the best. The place was clean and awesome. Macomb is not a big city so location does not matter but if you take train this place is a quick 3 min walk so that is nice. Plenty of parking for guests and just great and very personal service. Dorothee was very pleasant and attended to my every need. I would recommend this place to anyone going to Macomb having stayed here and at the other places this one takes the cake. Breakfest was delicious and Dorothee even offered me additional meals at no extra cost - that is the kind of service and care you dont forget. Try the inselhaus on my recommendation and I promise you will be glad you listened to me.

• Liked — The friendliness and service
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2007

Everything was outstanding! Rooms were very clean and very private. I enjoyed that there was bottled water available in a fridge in the hall and the innkeeper was very pleasant! It was very interesting learning the history of the home, along with the innkeeper's knowledge on the town of Macomb. Breakfast was very yummy and they were very accomodating to our food allergies and personal preferances. The home is very beautiful and I loved my experience there! I definately look forward to my next stay!

• Liked — Location and personal attention from the staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
Chicago suburbs, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2007

This was my first stay at a Bed and Breakfast and it was great. Everything was very clean and comfortable. I loved the "homey" feel and the fact that we had private bathrooms. Dorothee was very nice and provided a wonderful breakfast in the morning. I'm trying to come up with reasons to visit Macomb more often, just so I can stay there again!

• Stayed August 2007
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Inselhaus Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!