“Best room deal and good sleep in town” 4 of 5 stars

Americas Best Value Inn Macomb
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1414 West Jackson Street, Macomb, IL 61455   |
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Macomb
Youngstown, Ohio
“Best room deal and good sleep in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2010

yes, we got best deal close to the WIU , we requested one hrs late c/o with out any extra
payment. breakfast included and parking close to the room
what els we should expect with cleane room and working HBO

thanks to WIU advisor for guide us ..

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

I stayed here last minute because the Hampton Inn and Best Western were booked. What a huge mistake! The room appeared OK at first but after getting settled in I really got to see the real deal. The sheets and pillow cases looked like someone cleaned there shoes with them. The pillows actually smelled like someone had drooled on them the night before after smoking cigarettes. There was trash under the bed and in between the nightstand and the bed. The tack strip between the bathroom and bedroom was fully exposed just waiting to give someone tetanus. Fortunately I was wearing shoes when I felt the tacks grab hold of my shoe botttom. The carpet looked like it wasn't vacuumed in quite a while. The room smelled very musty like old mold. The bar next door was loud with people outside smoking and raising hell. WHATEVER YOU DO, AVOID THIS DUMP AND STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE. I checked out first thing in the morning and stayed the next 2 nights at the Super 8 (once again because the only higher end hotels, Hampton and BW, were booked all weekend. Super 8 was much cleaner than the Americas Best Value. The health department should pay this hotel a visit.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Macomb hotels

Macomb, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2010

I stayed here for one week with my family before the school started. I'm so impreseved about this hotel. it was a very clean hotel with an extra courteous staff.
Very helpful and professional front desk, and very conveniently located to attractions withing city. Staff was very friendly and went above and beyond expectations. every thing it was in walking distance many restaurants and stores close to the hotel. also, it is 3 minute from WIU, Close to everything. We loved the breakfast buffet that was included with the room.
We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

WIU Parents use only if nothing else is available!!! Old hotel that needs more than a coat of paint to fix it up. Rooms are all detached from lobby (if you can call it a lobby) The walk to your room is down a creepy hallway.
Pulled the covers down on the bed and found a dead bug under the pillow.
Continental breakfast a joke, probably get better food at the WIU cafeteria.
Advertises internet and WI FI but it only works in the lobby, and you really don't want to sit there.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

This weekend I attended a wedding in Macomb. We stayed at the America's Best Value Inn. This morning, I awoke to a roach in the bed and two on the bathroom floor. My friend stayed in another room and she awoke to a roach on the wall. The worked on duty explained that there is a roach problem in the hotel. Management didn't want to refund any monies. He only wanted to give us a discount on our next stay...that was unacceptable! I will be contacting the corporate office on Monday morning.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Mt. Carroll
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2009

I stayed here for my sisters grauduation at WIU. It is worth the money and better than i had expected. The staff was nice, and very helpful! I would recommend this as a place to stay if you are coming to Macomb.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2009

My family was traveling through the macomb area, and we wanted to stay at a place that had a pool for our children. We had booked a room, at what we thought was the Rodeway Inn. When we arrived at the rodeway they did not have our reservation. The girl at the front desk was very friendly and understanding. She called all the hotels in macomb until she found our reservation at the Econo lodge. The rodeway did have rooms available and we were going to cancel our reservation and stay there instead since they had a pool and the econo lodge did not. However when I called to cancel the reservation at the econo lodge they made me give them a reason why. When I told them that I had a mix up and wanted a hotel with a pool they would not let me cancel. They said I had to cancel 24 hours in advance. We were very disappointed in our stay.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Macomb? Share your experiences!