“Worst stay ever!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Macomb
Bolingbrook, Illinois
“Worst stay ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This was the worst hotel experience I have ever had. For two nights in a row, loud parties took place in the rooms next to us very late into the night. When I called the office, the manager tried to rationalize this by saying "you just have to understand that's how homecoming weekend is" and did nothing about the noise. But it's only that way at this hotel because the manager allows the rooms to be used as party places and does not have the guts to require decent behavior from the guests. While I understand what homecoming weekend is like, I've never had any experience like this in any other hotels I've stayed in, regardless of such special circumstances. I have also never encountered a hotel manager who showed such disrespect to the customer and did not try to solve the problem. To add insult to injury, they had jacked up the price so we ended up paying extra for two nights of no sleep in a mediocre venue with a condescending managerial attitude.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Wilton, IA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We thought the room was clean and nice for the price. It was very conveniently located close to all the places we visited. The breakfast was a nice variety but had no hot food. The only thing missing was a coffee pot in the room. The front office was very nice to us. The room did not have a bathtub but the shower was great and had hot water. The bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hometown
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I wanted to remark about the most excellent stay at America's Best Value Inn in Macomb, Illinois.

Although we first booked the Comfort Inn, we found that it was just too noisy and had an ant problem so within one hour we left and booked a room at America's Best Value Inn.

The manager/owner was friendly and wonderful. They allow guests to have a pet in their room and the price of the rooms was far below the cost of the other motel.

ABV Inn was very quiet as compared to the other place where people were slamming doors every five minutes to go outside and smoke, we found this very relaxing.

We stayed there for three nights and not once were we disturbed by anything.
The free continental breakfast was standard and yummy with a nice selection.

Plenty of parking with lots of local places, restaurants, clubs, stores etc., close by within walking distance in this quaint little town.

Bathrooms were clean and had one thing the "other place" did not and that was an exhaust FAN in the bathroom! I guess the other place doesn't want their customers smoking so they removed them...but where does the human gases go? You guessed it! Nice shower, clean tiles and the vanity was located inside the bathroom for more privacy. (Just another thing I hated about the Comfort Inn.)

The wireless Internet was a little wiggy, but I managed to get to email and normal web pages.

The microwave and refrigerator was a nice plus at this price. We nuked some blueberry muffins back in the room taken from the free continental breakfast.

The beds were "okay" but the sheets were fresh and crisp with the air conditioner working great and having one of the best thermostats I have ever used. lol.

Satellite TV, clock radio, telephone in a large room.

You can bet I will be staying here whenever we go to Macomb, IL.

The experience was just as wonderful as the beautiful original scenic artwork that was painted by the manager/owner that is hanging on the wall in the front office desk.

We thank you!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the rear corner adjacent to the rear parking lot and it was absolutely quiet. Three day...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Lawrence, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

best experience of Americas Best Value inn hotel,supportive staff,clean room and near to WIU.i strongly recommend to stay here,specially this is only best choice if you want to visit WIU..great time in macomb and thanks to Americas Best Value inn to make my travel happy.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Impossible to communicate with staff. Rooms had a strong odor of animal urine, and furniture was very uncomfortable. Makes sense why this hotel had the only vacant rooms in town. 55 bucks a night is completely overpriced for what your getting. Your typical Indian ran business

• Stayed June 2013

Travelers are raving about these Macomb hotels

Rushville, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Don't stay here. I stayed here one night and that was too much. A family member reserved these room in advance for us so we had to keep it. The building looks run down, and it is. The parking out front is a joke, there is hardly anywhere to park. The place smells nasty!! My room was a non-smoking room on the second floor and the hallway smelled really bad. The room as I walked in had a slight smell also but not near as bad as the hallway. The decor is old and carpets were old which is fine but they needed vacuumed and cleaned really bad. There was stuff stuck in the carpets. The bedspread needed cleaned it was stained, the towels in bathroom were clean but stained and nasty looking. After reading other review prior to checking in, I checked the bed for clean sheets which they were and also bed bugs. I didn't see anything but I was so paranoid I couldn't even sleep. We had an issue with the toilet flushing and called down to the desk. They sent someone up with a plunger and the guy tried handing it to me to take care of, I was like uh no not my job and the guy came in to fix it. I was not impressed at all. One of the family members had to cancel a room that was reserved and the guy wouldn't let him out of it even though it was in advance. He still had to pay for the nasty room he didn't get to stay in. I will never stay here again and recommend people pay the extra money to stay somewhere clean.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Singapore, null, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

I recommend this hotel for low-cost, clean and convenient to cafeteria and WIU. The manager of the hotel was extremely helpful and friendly.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Macomb? Share your experiences!