“The service was fabulous and they were very courteous” 4 of 5 stars

Americas Best Value Inn Macomb
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1414 West Jackson Street, Macomb, IL 61455   |
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Macomb
Hayward, California
“The service was fabulous and they were very courteous”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

i went to the hotel with my friends and it was an awesome place to stay the service was very courteous and the people were really good

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

i am david burno taking classes in WIU during summer ,my parents wanted to visit me,so for their stay i need hotel , i asked to my friends about hotels. All of them suggest me American best value inn.After their trip they were happy with my selection because of many reasons ,very close to university,good and cooperative staff,clean rooms ,good break fast. I am thank full to my friends who suggest me this hotel and thank full to American Best Value inn who made my parents trip pleasent.I strongly recommend American Best value inn.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2010

To start I spoke with Debbie in the customer complaint dept. on
Oct ,19.2010 and explain what took place the weekend of Oct. 15,2010
At the Americas Best value Inn 1414 W. Jackson St. Macomb,,Il 61455
( I talked about 10-12 mins with her on phone)
I was in town to visit with my son that attend school there for family weekend .
After spending time with him, Friday I return to the “hotel’ about 12am was ready
For good night sleep after driving 8 hrs from Minnesota ( that didn’t happened ) the
Sheets on the bed had makeup/ and or lip stick on it stains on it they had not been
Change Still being very sleep I tried to sleep but wait now I heard a buzzing of flies
Around my ears Needless to say not a good night of rest at all , upon using the rest room I was able to get one fly in there and shut the door until I took care of it that left one fly (I thought at the time ). The towels in the rest rooms one set was clean the 2nd set was dirty one with a crusted stain UNREAL
When I told the G.M. of the hotel he say just place on the floor. And he brought me new ones .
I did manage to get another fly in between the window and screen and shut it up there . I thought that was it for flies but there was one or two more that I never did get my whole stay there , left them for the next
Guess , I guess. At one point the G.m. wanted to show me a sheet with what others have paid He said
Something like “ you paid more you get better room on 2nd floor “. I refused to look at the sheet and told him that no matter what a customer paid the room should be clean with clean sheets and towels and no files and a bed that was made right my face was on the plastic somewhat at times . He offer ½ off my stay for sat. but when I ask him about that he said no he didn’t remember saying that, I’ll give you ½ off on your next stay , Come on are you
Serious My next stay? . I hope I didn’t forget anything but it was the worst time I’ve had at a hotel ever

I’m thinking about doing a serious on- line review of this “hotel” But I’ll wait to see if your company make things right first .

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Macomb hotels

Youngstown, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2010

yes, we got best deal close to the WIU , we requested one hrs late c/o with out any extra
payment. breakfast included and parking close to the room
what els we should expect with cleane room and working HBO

thanks to WIU advisor for guide us ..

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

I stayed here last minute because the Hampton Inn and Best Western were booked. What a huge mistake! The room appeared OK at first but after getting settled in I really got to see the real deal. The sheets and pillow cases looked like someone cleaned there shoes with them. The pillows actually smelled like someone had drooled on them the night before after smoking cigarettes. There was trash under the bed and in between the nightstand and the bed. The tack strip between the bathroom and bedroom was fully exposed just waiting to give someone tetanus. Fortunately I was wearing shoes when I felt the tacks grab hold of my shoe botttom. The carpet looked like it wasn't vacuumed in quite a while. The room smelled very musty like old mold. The bar next door was loud with people outside smoking and raising hell. WHATEVER YOU DO, AVOID THIS DUMP AND STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE. I checked out first thing in the morning and stayed the next 2 nights at the Super 8 (once again because the only higher end hotels, Hampton and BW, were booked all weekend. Super 8 was much cleaner than the Americas Best Value. The health department should pay this hotel a visit.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Macomb, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2010

I stayed here for one week with my family before the school started. I'm so impreseved about this hotel. it was a very clean hotel with an extra courteous staff.
Very helpful and professional front desk, and very conveniently located to attractions withing city. Staff was very friendly and went above and beyond expectations. every thing it was in walking distance many restaurants and stores close to the hotel. also, it is 3 minute from WIU, Close to everything. We loved the breakfast buffet that was included with the room.
We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

WIU Parents use only if nothing else is available!!! Old hotel that needs more than a coat of paint to fix it up. Rooms are all detached from lobby (if you can call it a lobby) The walk to your room is down a creepy hallway.
Pulled the covers down on the bed and found a dead bug under the pillow.
Continental breakfast a joke, probably get better food at the WIU cafeteria.
Advertises internet and WI FI but it only works in the lobby, and you really don't want to sit there.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Macomb? Share your experiences!