“This place is deceiving...” 4 of 5 stars

Super 8 Macomb
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   313 University Ave, Macomb, IL 61455   |
Ranked #4 of 7 hotels in Macomb
Wauconda, IL
“This place is deceiving...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I booked here for it's price and convenient location (visiting Western Illinois University). Upon arrival, I admit to being very concerned. It looks very dated, and frankly, a little scary, from the outside. Upon check in, we entered the upstairs hallway, where the walls were BRIGHT yellow. My concern continued. However, our room was clean. While there was a non-functioning light fixture, the room was clean, warm, and actually the bed was one of the more comfortable hotel beds I've slept in. The entire place could use a bit of renovating - updating, but for our one night stay, we had a clean, warm and comfortable place to rest. I think I would stay here, again.

Room Tip: We were in room 215, and the beds were very comfortable.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

51 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

We stayed overnight last night. I had read mixed reviews, so we were a bit concerned. The overall appearance is outdated, but main areas and our room were all clean. It is low cost and matched my expectation for a Super 8. My only criticism would be the mattresses. They were clean, but very old and not comfortable. The staff all seemed very friendly.

Stayed November 2013
Waukesha
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I have stayed here once before and it was OK but not this time. The room had a slight musty smell, the bed was rock hard, and the finish on the headboard was sticky.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Been to Super 8 Macomb? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Macomb

Address: 313 University Ave, Macomb, IL 61455
Location: United States > Illinois > Macomb
Ranked #4 of 7 hotels in Macomb
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Macomb 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Wyndham, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, Booking.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Super 8 Macomb reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super Eight Macomb
Macomb Super 8
Macomb Super Eight

If you own or manage Super 8 Macomb, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.