“Sad.” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Macomb
Chandler, Arizona
“Sad.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

The staff were rude to one another in addition to the guests. It was a very unpleasant atmosphere.

Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
, General Manager at Hampton Inn Macomb, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Dear Elle K,

It is surprising to read a review from one of our guests who feels that the staff is rude to one another and to our guests. I know that my staff and I try to create an atomsphere of team building and one that is conducive to wowing our guests. It is unfortunate that you had that experience and I do apologize that we dropped the ball in making your stay anything less than exceptional. I would like to speak to you about your experience at our hotel, and I do hope to have the honor and privilege to make up for your recent experience. Please contact me at the hotel at (309)837-6000 at your earliest convenience.

Hospitably Yours,

Andrea Smith-General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Montgomery, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

We love this hotel. Whenever we come in town to visit family. This is the place we stay...
Our only disappointment with this hotel.....is when it is NOT available.

Clean, comfortable rooms. Friendly, comfortable staff.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Aurora, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Good physical plant but the staff is slow and inept and not well trained. Very expensive for such a small town. The hotel staff seems more concerned about their rule book and less about providing excellent customer service.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
HImac01, General Manager at Hampton Inn Macomb, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
I am very sorry that your experience at our hotel was not an exceptional one. It is my goal and passion that every guest that enters the doors have a wonderful stay. I would like to speak to you about the issues and problems you encountered while staying with us. Please contact me at the hotel at 309-837-6000 or via email at andrea.k.smith@hilton.com.

Hospitably Yours,

Andrea Smith-General Manager
Peoria, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

I stayed here two nights in February, 2012. I have had to stay in several motels in Macomb over the years and I think this one is the nicest (it helps that it is one of the newest motels in Macomb). Beds were comfortable, rooms were quiet and breakfasts were decent. Staff was friendly and the workout room was adequate. I had only two complaints about the whole stay. There was a significant draft coming in from the air conditioning / heater unit area of the room. The other complaint was the rate. After taxes, my room was around $117 per night. This seems real high for a small town like Macomb. Other than that, I would plan on coming back to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Lake Villa, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

This was a wonderful hotel. I was very surprised at the space in the room and the appointments. We were greeted promptly. The pool/hot tub area is very nice and clean. My room was perfect. Nice and clean. The only two problems I had was the tempurature and the noise. I wanted to turn the heat down and could not. So it was kind of warm in my room for my tastes. Also, it is very noisey. The walls are thin. I was on the 4th floor and I am thankful I was, I could hear people walking and could not imagine if I were below, plus my neighbor kept opening and closing the door and it shock the walls.
On a positive note the breakfast was very good and I even forgot my toothbruch and they supplied one to me. I would for sure stay here again, only if I got a room on the 4th floor.

Room Tip: Get one on the 4th floor. Otherwise you will hear everyone walking above you.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
HImac01, General Manager at Hampton Inn Macomb, responded to this review, January 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay at our hotel! I want to tell you how much we appreciate your business and feedback. I value your feedback because it is a great learning tool for my whole team! It is our passion that every guest have an exceptional stay and that we offer unparallel service! We take pride in doing the little things and doing the ordinary extraordinarily well. Please don’t hesitate to call the front desk or a member of management if you ever experience issues such as your thermostat in the room not working or noise. It truly is our pleasure to assist in any way! We look forward to you returning to our property and as always, "We Love Having You Here"!
Franklin, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

This hotel did not live up to it's rating. After checking in I was informed that they were having issues with hot water. It was too late to look for another hotel (not much to choose from in Macomb). The clerk was not friendly and seemed stressed. The room and bed were pretty nice but the bathroom was lacking in cleanliness. There were strange noises in the room all night (beeping noise, pipes rattling, etc.). The breakfast area is poorly set up with not much seating area unless you want to eat as a group. There was not much selection and there was no attendant to keep it clean.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
HImac01, General Manager at Hampton Inn Macomb, responded to this review, January 23, 2012
Rondot98,
I want to take this time to apologize for your experience at our hotel during your recent visit! I know that it was very frustrating to travel to Macomb and then find out that there was no hot water that inght in our hotel! We were working very hard to resolve the issues surrounding the water and not have it impact our guest, however it did prove more challenging than we expected. I have absolutely no words that I can offer to you other than I am truly sorry for having to experience a stressed out employee and a breakfast that was below your expectations. I would like to offer you our 100% satisfaction guarantee and return to you your money for your stay that night. It is my passion to ensure that every guest that walk through my doors, have an exceptional stay. Unfortunately, we dropped the ball on this experience, but I would love to get the opportunity to "WOW" you the next time you have to stay in Macomb! Please contact me at the hotel directly 309-837-6000 or via email at andrea.k.smith@hilton.com. I want to apologize again for any inconvenience caused and I also want to Thank you in advance for the chance to make this up to you and not only meet your expectations next time but to also exceed them!
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

Had a king studio which was very clean and nicely apportioned, though I was surprised there was no microwave or mini fridge. Wireless internet worked fine. Very few occupants though it was break for university students, so population and demand was likely down in Macomb then. Water was turned off until 4 p.m. for repairs. Overall, it was a nice hotel. It is not one of the older ones; the Best Western (former Holiday Inn) has existed next door for much longer (I've used it over the years when in Macomb on business) and this has only been up a few years. Beds comfortable. One of the best options in Macomb.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Macomb? Share your experiences!