“Awesome vegetarian experience” 4 of 5 stars

Description: Web site
Beloit, Wisconsin
“Awesome vegetarian experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

My wife and myself wanted to try a vegetarian restaurant and were fortunate to find this establishment. It's located a little off the main road, but its a nice little brewery style restaurant. Nothing fancy, very casual, you actually seat yourself. The waitress we had was extremely nice and very quick.

First we tried an assortment of 8 of their beers for $12. Not a bad deal for the amount of beer you get, it's an assortment of dark and light, but overall we loved it. We also got the bruschetta for an appetiZer. Your get 8 pieces and its perfect for two people. My wife got the bruschetta burger which was ok. It was kind of like a boca burger surrounded by really good toppings and focaccia bread. I got the sloppy joe, which was very good. It tastes just like a real sloppy joe, a little on the sweet side despite the jalapeños. Overall it was very good and the fries were excellent. We also tried the brownie which sounds better in the description than it actually tastes.

Overall we had a great experience and look forward to trying the other things on the menu.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Elgin, Illinois
“No thanks”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I were thrilled/surprised to discover a vegan resturant close to home and were eager to try it out. We tried a variety of items including the gyro, sloppy joe, chili, seasonal vegetables, French fries and desert. All the selections tasted as we would expect but were very disappointed that most of the menu consists of fake meat products (TVP) and very little delicious vegetable dishes. I was very disappointed with the seasonal vegetables- they arrived in a small dish and were served in a vinegar/Italian dressing-- I was expecting much better- perhaps some steamed broccoli, zucchini, cauliflower -- instead it was over cooked and regretable. With so much great vegan food you can make at home, we were overall very disappointed. If you like fake meat, them visit-- otherwise stay away.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Rockford, Illinois
“new hangout?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

This microbrewery is boss in my book. I took my wife there one week after they opened. I asked for a burger and the girl said burger-like? I found my first vegan restaurant. Was a little surprised but looked over the menu and ordered........ WOW, I had the sloppy joe and liked it so much that I got a second one. A little info, great taste but very filling! Oh yea, the beer. This place has a nice grouping when it comes to different tastes and prices were nice. I have been back five or six times and think that I can say, Go. It's a block North of the Rockford Speedway and "I" say go and enjoy. Healthy eating! Best of both worlds, see you around, Johnnyrockford!

• Visited May 2012