“Happy to Stay Here Again!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Loves Park
Detroit Lakes, Minnesota
“Happy to Stay Here Again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

While I was hesitant to stay here given some of the negative reviews, I am glad that I did. Here is what my husband and I found: A very friendly and helpful front desk person, a room that was both clean and comfortable, a good location away from the busyness of the city (quiet), and value in our accommodation. The breakfast looks to be standard fare, but that is no worse than higher end properties. This is a route we travel a few times a year, which means this won't be our last time at this property.

Room Tip: We stayed in a king suite on the third floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Brighton, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were in town for a family function. Having stayed at other hotels of this chain in Rockford we were less than excited to come here again, tried this location to be different. Thank goodness, it was different. We had one of the "suites" on the third floor. Our room was clean, everything worked. We appreciated having a microwave and fridge. The front desk staff gave us a couple of good suggestions for dinner. The breakfast was nothing to get excited about, but it was hot and free. I would stay here over the others I have visited in the area. It is a bit out of the way.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Front desk staff are nice - manager is kinda unfriendly. Bedding was dingy and skirt was stained. Chair was dirty; didn't wanna out my bare arms on the chair arms. Light didn't work in bathroom; tap cold water was brown; elevator smelled like smoke; carpet seemed dirty. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

If I could give this hotel a negative 10 rating I would, and here is why:

When we first walked into our room I was happy to see the bedspread was white. Briefly glancing over the exposed fabric, it looked clean and we started to settle into the room. Just before getting into our pajamas, we pulled back the bedspread and noticed that the tags were at the head end of the bed. Not wanting to be scratched by tags all night, we pulled the bedspread back to turn it around so the tags would be at the foot of the bed.

At this point we noticed a set of brown streaks on the underside of the material. As we began pulling the rest of the bedspread off, in anticipation of calling the front desk to request a new one, we found the one of the most horrifying things I’ve seen in all my years of staying at hotels. A large YELLOW stain on the fabric. Yellow. On the side that was positioned to be closest to the person sleeping in the bed. At this point we went from annoyed to very angry. Who cares what the stain actually was. It could have been lemonade. But no WAY should that have been put back on the bed. NO. WAY.

We packed up our stuff, took the bedspread down to the front desk, requested a refund, and left. Down the street at the Holiday Inn, we couldn’t get in the shower fast enough or use enough soap to feel clean.

The only good thing to say about this hotel is the front desk staff did not argue one bit about giving us our money back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

The housekeeping in this hotel was good, because the room was always clean. I wasn't impressed with the hotel breakfast, but it's rare that I find a good one.

The bad points of the hotel were enough to make it hard to sleep. At first everything was quiet and fine, but then other guests arrived on my floor, and were slamming hard objects against the other side of my walls late at night, and noise was coming from the ceiling at the same time, which was odd because that meant that somebody was on the roof doing something weird.

There was also an odor that smelled like a garbage dumpster or a rotting corpse -- it was that bad. My eyes were burning from the rotten smell, and the only way I could tolerate it was by leaving the bathroom door open with the fan on. I called the desk but their only option was to change rooms and I was way too tired for all of that. I complained to the manager and he gave me a tiny discount the next morning -- not enough to make me want to give the place a second chance.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Green Bay, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stayed here last weekend and was very impressed with the hotel. Had reserved a king room and found out upon check in (early check in too as they were great about accommodating me for early check in) that I had been upgraded to a king jacuzzi. Didn't need the jacuzzi but was happy that it was handicap accessible so the shower was a walk-in shower. YAY!! Room was very clean, large room. Hotel was full Saturday night, but we were at the end of a hallway so didn't get all of the noise of people coming and going like you usually hear in a hotel. Prices were very reasonable as well.

Had my small dog with me - LOTS of grassy areas right outside the hotel entrance for her to use - that was great to see. I've stayed in lots of pet friendly hotels - I'm usually leery about how clean the place is after allowing pets. Wouldn't have known this was a pet friendly hotel in that it was very clean.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Was visiting the "Magic Waters Water park" in Rockford IL, I am a stickler on reading reviews of hotel, seeing as I have to make sure that I sleep comfortably. After hours of research and reading reviews on numerous hotel in the water park area, I was frustrated with the reviews and pictures, and the higher priced ones were out of my price range for this mini vacation and so searched nearby cities, and came across the Quality Inn, in Loves Park. Upon check in Steve was great!!! I did not even need to show my credit card and 1 minute later I was getting onto the elevator headed to my room.
The room was exactly how the pictures viewed it, Clean, flat screen, microwave and refrigerator, free continental breakfast and exactly what I wanted for a GREAT price. I would highly recommend this hotel, and my family and I will definitely stay here the next time we visit the water park, also there is another attraction for kids less than a 1/2 mile from the hotel called Volcano adventure, my children and I did not get to visit here but will check it out the next time. NOTE: the freeway for the hotel exit has a toll to get on and to get back off of $1.10, I have a I-Pass so there was no problems, but keep that in mind.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!