“Good service” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Twin CIties, MN
“Good service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Fairfield Inn and Suite's in Lombard this past weekend. We were arriving from out of town and the hotel was able to let us check-in early. This was nice since we wouldn't have had anywhere else to get ready for the wedding we were attending. The hotel provided a nice shuttle to/from the wedding reception. My wife and I didn't utilize the shuttle, but I know that a lot of other guests really appreciated it. The room was nice although it is easy to hear to traffic from the highway that is not to far away. Overall it was a good stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Stayed here for a night and I have to say, was glad I only stayed for the night. The guest room was basic, almost bare. It was unpainted, had stucco walls and lacked character. The shower head leaked and the bed was not overly comfortable. This hotel promotes their workstation with printer access and when I went to use it, the printer was broken and the front desk staff wouldn't help print off the stuff I needed. Although it was included, breakfast was pretty standard. This hotel did have free WiFi and free parking.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Wausau, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

We stayed here with our 1 y/o and were very disappointed. We generally look for Marriott-Fairfield hotels because we've had consistently positive experiences at those facilities but this hotel is the exception.
The man working at the front desk was friendly.
When we got to our room we realized we were in a construction zone of sorts. I certainly support any updating of this outdated facility (the pics of the modern lobby are not representative of the entire hotel), but the fumes from carpet glue or whatever was being used were pretty nasty.
Our room was outdated. The bathroom was so small we could hardly turn around in it. The carpet was old. We didn't let our daughter walk on it in bare feet. The walls had chips in the paint and the drywall, the TV remote was slippery. Yes, I said slippery.
The elevator was old and, to be quite honest, we didn't feel very safe in it.
Breakfast is served, however, you you can't purchase milk or juice at the hotel outside of breakfast hours - not convenient when traveling with kids.
I would try my luck elsewhere.

Stayed June 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

I stayed one night at this hotel because it was close to a workshop I was attending and the price was right. The staff person at check-in did her job but was not what I would call welcoming or friendly. The room was a good size but it and the bathroom could have stood a fresh coat of paint, the upholstered chair a good cleaning, and the bathroom door needed to be stained or re-painted due to some type of moisture or water damage, it appeared. The bed was adequately comfortable but I dislike immensely the new practice of providing 5 or 6 of those small, soft pillows instead of the bigger, kind-size ones on the bed. Also, and unfortunately, as sometimes happens in hotels, the party next door came and went very late at night and slammed their door each time. It was so loud I thought someone was entering our room. I would agree with some of the other writers who applauded the free breakfast as it was more than just pastries and coffee. There was waffle batter and a waffle iron, hard-boiled eggs, packaged, instant oatmeal with walnuts, currants, and brown sugar, scrambled eggs (?), sausage, cold cereals, juice, muffins, bagels, toast, fruit and yogurt. The other thing I disliked about this hotel was that it is located on the south side of North Avenue and, if you are coming from the east like I was, there is no way to turn into the hotel from North Avenue due to a landscaped median. Unfortunately, you must drive west and do an illegal U-turn at the next side street, which is one-way going the wrong direction, or continue west to who knows how far to find a 2-way side street to turn around. If you do not know the area, it would be easy to go too far west and wind up on interstate 355 - - on your way out of town. This was inconvenient, potentially dangerous, and time-consuming. I would opt the next time to stay at the more modern-looking, conveniently accessible Comfort Inn across the street and a bit east. For those who aren't familiar with Fairfield Inn, there is no restaurant and, at this location, the bar is open only on Mondays-Thursdays. We were there on Friday, so could not get a beer, and there are very few decent-looking restaurants in the area unless you put McDonalds or Burger King in that category.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Ohio City, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Yes this was a pleasant stay for sure. I was part of a wedding party that stayed here for two nights 30th and 31st May 2014. Great and helpful staff . I liked the the complimentary breakfast , which was a very good spread. I stayed on the ground floor room 127 I believe , nice and clean with comfortable twin beds. Coffee maker ,tea and coffee available in the rooms. In my view stay on the 3rd floor right wing. I would recommend this place, it's very decent. Only down side no fridge in done rooms , make sure to request if you want one. The staff are super helpful.

Room Tip: Stay on the 3rd floor and ask for a room with a fridge if you need one.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Kingston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

I stayed at this hotel during a business trip and was not disappointed. It is reasonably priced, provides a decent sized room(s), comfortable bed, a work area, free internet, and best of all - the everything was clean. Staff are/were very friendly, the main entrance is functional and warm. Breakfast is provided and offers more selection than some other hotels I've been at. I enjoyed the food and, based on what I saw around me each morning, everyone else seemed to be enjoying their breakfast too!

I would definitely consider staying here again if I am back in the area and would not hesitate to recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
South Holland, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights it was our 24th year wedding anniversary and we wanted to be close to the mall and great eating places. This hotel was neat and clean. The whirlpool suite was roomy and a nice touch. Pool area is small but nice. Never woke up for breakfast lol. It's not a 5 star hotel but the prices are reasonable and the place was clean. The hotel staff was very friendly and welcoming. Maybe next time we come back we will wake up in time for breakfast lol.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Lombard? Share your experiences!