My husband booked two rooms for our family at this hotel through Priceline. As we were traveling with our 3 children, we were hoping to get two adjoining rooms. Unfortunately, due to a wedding party staying at the hotel, there were no adjoining rooms available, so we were relegated to two rooms next to each other. While the rooms themselves were clean and nicely decorated, our stay was far from pleasant.
1. The aforementioned wedding party was like something straight out of Jersey Shore. As waves of them returned to the hotel at one hour intervals from 11 p.m. to 2 a.m. our first night, we were awakened again and again by their loud voices and lengthy hallway discussions. At one point one of them almost tried to open the door to my room thinking it belonged to someone in their party. So, did I call the front desk? No, because......
2. There was only one elevator for the property, and it was extremely SLOW! (There was no way the front desk staff could have gotten upstairs in time to help us.) During the day, the housekeeping staff monopolized the usage of this one elevator filling it with their carts. I've stayed in numerous other hotels and never met a housekeeping staff who acted so entitled to the elevator. They actually seemed put out that the guests may want to use the elevator and never once stepped out of the way to allow a paying customer to use the elevator first.
3. The sound insulation was horrible. I am so thankful we were on the top floor for, at least, we didn't have any noise of walking feet over our heads. Not only could we hear all of our floormates' voices in the hall so clearly that they sounded as though they were standing next to our bed, but every door that was shut sounded like a slam and our next door neighbor's electric toothbrush woke us up.
4. The breakfast room furniture was poorly arranged. It was difficult to get your food without sticking your behind in some poor guest's face as the tables were much to close to the food area. Over half of the seats looked directly into the morning sun with only flimsy sheer curtains to shade you.
5. The woman who staffed the breakfast room both mornings was as slow as molasses. It took her 20 minutes to get around to replacing the biscuits after she was asked. Despite what looked like a nice spread of food, it was never all there due to her slow speed.
While the hotel is conveniently located off 355, you can only turn right (east) onto North Avenue, so, depending on where you are going, you may have difficulty either leaving or returning to the property due to the median.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.