“They helped me out when I really needed it....” 4 of 5 stars

Comfort Suites Lombard
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   530 W North Ave, Lombard, IL 60148   |
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Lombard
Knoxville, Tennessee
“They helped me out when I really needed it....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I am writing this to tell everyone how nice the staff was to me. I was stranded in Chicago after missing my flight to TN. United put me up here for the evening. The gentlemen were very nice and helpful. They took the time to ask how I was doing and asked if I had questions. The room was clean and large. The breakfast was very nice. All in all it was a good experience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
A R B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Lombard, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to appreciate the staff and their service. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Kind Regards,
ARB

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Before I book a room at any hotel, anywhere, in any country, at any time, I read reviews on this and other sources. I travel 70% to 80% of my time and check things out for my own defense. This property has mixed reviews here and elsewhere. Here is my experience.
The check in was seamless and had my keys in a minute or less. The entry was spotless and inviting, as were the interior corridors. Room was clean, cool and well equipped. Bedding was of superior standard, immaculately appointed linens. Carpeting was clean and floor in bath was hospital clean. Sleepability, is one of my words in my journal and this hotel got the highest grade. The breakfast selections were bountiful and of high quality. Pool was refreshing and unbelievable. So all in all, a perfect experience, and as they say... "It don't get no better than this, folks".

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
A R B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Lombard, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Thank you for review fo our hotel. I have shared your comments with our staff which was a great source of encourgement for them. We take pride in our hotel and the service we provide to our guests. We are glade you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next visit and assure you of our best service and accommodation.
waterloo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I was recently put up here by O'Hare airport when I missed a connection. The hotel is not fancy, but I have to say the staff are very kind and very helpful. The airport had misplaced my luggage so I had no toiletries but the staff provided me with a complimentary toothbrush, toothpaste and deodorant. A very nice touch :)

The hotel is a bit dated, and not fancy. However, they are in the process of renovating and have some rooms completed already. The first room they put me in, the ceiling had partially collapsed into the shower. When I went to the front desk, the lady working was very kind and immediately transferred me to another room. I'm guessing the room I had second was renovated, as the carpet appeared more modern and the bathroom was definitely upgraded.

The room had a sitting area with sofa and desk, then a bedroom area with two beds. Everything was clean and the bed was very comfortable.

I slept just fine, and enjoyed the free breakfast the next morning.

Overall, a solid stay for what I needed. I'm assuming it will look a bit more modern once all of their renovations are done, but I would recommend it for a budget stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for your comments. We are renovating our All Suite Hotel and shortly the final product will be an upscale facility for our guests. We hope you would come and stay with us again and we assure you of all round excellent service, facility and great experience.
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We founds the rooms very nice and it was pleasant having two rooms in the suite. It is an excellent place for your money. Breakfast had good selection. We will stay again when in the area. Great little grocery just down the street for snacks and several restaurants..

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Tank you for your kind comments.Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I did not and WILL NOT EVER stay at this hotel due to the horrible experience I had on the phone with their front desk. They should be ashamed! I had the opportunity to use a Friends and Family discount link and was searching for a Choice Hotel not terribly far from Wrigley Field. I saw the Lombard location and tried to book the two rooms on line. After getting bumped from the site, having the price jump unexpectedly then drop back down and then have the site say the rooms were not available I gave up and called that location directly. I told the gentleman who answered that I was having problems with the site booking a room and his response was "So what do you want me to do about it?" Seriously...I first asked him not to be sarcastic and then said I wanted to see if I could book it over the phone. He said it could only be done on line. He has booked rooms several times on line for his personal use and it works so he "didn't know what I was doing wrong" sometimes hotels don't have rooms open...so I said I was on the site at that very moment and it showed they had two rooms available for the discount rate but when I click to book it it says only one room booked so did that mean you only had one room available at the discount rate...again I get attitude telling me I'm doing something wrong and there is nothing he can do about it...unfortunately I lost my temper and called him dumb and hung up. My behavior was unacceptable but so was his!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
A R B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Lombard, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
I am sorry and apologize to you for not being able to make your reservation under special program. Please rest assured staff concerned never had any intention of being rude or sarcastic. It is never acceptable under any circumstances and especially in hospitality industry.

As regards you reservation issue - the Friends and Family rate plan is Corporate Program in Choice Hotels and is reserved for friends and family of the staff of choice hotels. This reservation can only be made from link sent to you by your family or friend. Each Hotel has one or two rooms allocated for this Rate Plan. If some one already booked the allocated room, then rate will default to a regular rate plan. Hotel Staff can not book Friends and Family rate plan directly. I under stand your being unhappy as staff could not book the room under this rate plan. We hope you do understand the limitation of the staff member.

Once again we are sorry for the inconvenience.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

The so called hot tub has no working jets, the entire property is run down and dirty, and the desk clerks are miserable and unfriendly. On top of it all, the other guests here are loud, ignorant and rude. That says what type of low class people this dump attracts. I made a huge mistake booking this dump. Thank God it's only for one night.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Hamilton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

The Hotel was clean and I felt that the kids were safe. I chaperoned a class trip of high school orchestra kids. This hotel was accommodating and the breakfast was above average. Everyone I encountered at the front desk was helpful and the young lady attending the breakfast was phenomenal considering the seventy + people we had in our group alone. Outstanding job by the entire staff. I would recommend this hotel, especially for the price. Thank you.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Suites Lombard? Share your experiences!