“Value stay with a very nice staff” 3 of 5 stars

Comfort Suites Lombard
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   530 W North Ave, Lombard, IL 60148   |
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Lombard
waterloo
“Value stay with a very nice staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I was recently put up here by O'Hare airport when I missed a connection. The hotel is not fancy, but I have to say the staff are very kind and very helpful. The airport had misplaced my luggage so I had no toiletries but the staff provided me with a complimentary toothbrush, toothpaste and deodorant. A very nice touch :)

The hotel is a bit dated, and not fancy. However, they are in the process of renovating and have some rooms completed already. The first room they put me in, the ceiling had partially collapsed into the shower. When I went to the front desk, the lady working was very kind and immediately transferred me to another room. I'm guessing the room I had second was renovated, as the carpet appeared more modern and the bathroom was definitely upgraded.

The room had a sitting area with sofa and desk, then a bedroom area with two beds. Everything was clean and the bed was very comfortable.

I slept just fine, and enjoyed the free breakfast the next morning.

Overall, a solid stay for what I needed. I'm assuming it will look a bit more modern once all of their renovations are done, but I would recommend it for a budget stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
A R B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Lombard, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Thank you for your comments. We are renovating our All Suite Hotel and shortly the final product will be an upscale facility for our guests. We hope you would come and stay with us again and we assure you of all round excellent service, facility and great experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We founds the rooms very nice and it was pleasant having two rooms in the suite. It is an excellent place for your money. Breakfast had good selection. We will stay again when in the area. Great little grocery just down the street for snacks and several restaurants..

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Tank you for your kind comments.Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I did not and WILL NOT EVER stay at this hotel due to the horrible experience I had on the phone with their front desk. They should be ashamed! I had the opportunity to use a Friends and Family discount link and was searching for a Choice Hotel not terribly far from Wrigley Field. I saw the Lombard location and tried to book the two rooms on line. After getting bumped from the site, having the price jump unexpectedly then drop back down and then have the site say the rooms were not available I gave up and called that location directly. I told the gentleman who answered that I was having problems with the site booking a room and his response was "So what do you want me to do about it?" Seriously...I first asked him not to be sarcastic and then said I wanted to see if I could book it over the phone. He said it could only be done on line. He has booked rooms several times on line for his personal use and it works so he "didn't know what I was doing wrong" sometimes hotels don't have rooms open...so I said I was on the site at that very moment and it showed they had two rooms available for the discount rate but when I click to book it it says only one room booked so did that mean you only had one room available at the discount rate...again I get attitude telling me I'm doing something wrong and there is nothing he can do about it...unfortunately I lost my temper and called him dumb and hung up. My behavior was unacceptable but so was his!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
A R B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Lombard, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
I am sorry and apologize to you for not being able to make your reservation under special program. Please rest assured staff concerned never had any intention of being rude or sarcastic. It is never acceptable under any circumstances and especially in hospitality industry.

As regards you reservation issue - the Friends and Family rate plan is Corporate Program in Choice Hotels and is reserved for friends and family of the staff of choice hotels. This reservation can only be made from link sent to you by your family or friend. Each Hotel has one or two rooms allocated for this Rate Plan. If some one already booked the allocated room, then rate will default to a regular rate plan. Hotel Staff can not book Friends and Family rate plan directly. I under stand your being unhappy as staff could not book the room under this rate plan. We hope you do understand the limitation of the staff member.

Once again we are sorry for the inconvenience.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

The so called hot tub has no working jets, the entire property is run down and dirty, and the desk clerks are miserable and unfriendly. On top of it all, the other guests here are loud, ignorant and rude. That says what type of low class people this dump attracts. I made a huge mistake booking this dump. Thank God it's only for one night.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Hamilton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

The Hotel was clean and I felt that the kids were safe. I chaperoned a class trip of high school orchestra kids. This hotel was accommodating and the breakfast was above average. Everyone I encountered at the front desk was helpful and the young lady attending the breakfast was phenomenal considering the seventy + people we had in our group alone. Outstanding job by the entire staff. I would recommend this hotel, especially for the price. Thank you.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Ames, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

My wife and I were not impressed with the Comfort Suites in Lombard, it is the poorest Comfort Suites we have ever stayed in. The halls smelled strange and that odor was in our room as well. We will not be staying here again

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
A R B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Lombard, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Hi Mr. Hillson
I have read your comments regarding your stay with us in September.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we use the feedback provided by our guests, to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests. Had you mentioned this to me while in the hotel, I would have corrected the situation immediately to your satisfaction. We take great pride to keep our hotel clean and fresh smelling. Overwhelming response as to the cleanliness of the hotel we receive from our guests is positive. We are however very sorry that we failed this time and offer sincere apology once again on behalf of our team. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to prove to you and provide you with a superior experience.
minneapolis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I had a unfortunate choice of hotels on my recent trip to Lombard ill. I always trust the choice hotel chain but this time I was let down. Staying at a comfort suites is a safe bet but this time I lost.

1)..on my arrival as I pulled into the very hard to see (off a busy street like North Ave) I was astonished to see air conditioning parts lying all around the front entrance and the drapes on the bottom floors all hanging down very ragged looking.

2)..check in very smooth

3)..air conditioning was malfunctioning and had very loud guest that I could hear late in the night. The shower curtain rod was being held up by one screw each. I asked to be moved and the women on the night shift to me there were no rooms available. Just all anyone had to do was look in the parking lot to see there was only a handful of cars so I knew there was plenty of rooms available.

4) the next morning I went to the front desk and informed the lady what I experienced the night before,she seemed like she cared but that was it. I thought she should have contacted the manager, I think the maintenance guy was behind the counter with her and he put his hand up and said he would take care of it in a very condescending tone.

5) this hotel also charges you $1.00 for the use on a in room safe that I did not know about. I know $1.00 is not that much but I think they should be upfront with this petty charge.

To be fair I want to say that after I filled out a survey the manager Rashid Bhatti did write me and after I wrote him back he called my home to address the issues I had. I only wish he was informed when I was there

Room Tip: I do not know