“Issues resolved....but should not have occurred.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Yorktown Center

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Yorktown Center to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Yorktown Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   260 E 22nd Street, Lombard, IL 60148 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Chicago - Lombard - Oak Brook)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Lombard
quad cities
“Issues resolved....but should not have occurred.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Upon our late arrival (check in was good for the hour - our plane was delayed three hours)......we checked the bed. Found numerous human hairs on the sheets. Requested and received new sheets. All one can ask for. Yet, in the morning when using the shower, there was the same black hair in the shower. Did report the matter to the staff on duty. They offered to do something but since I used Hotwire.com they could not address the issue. They were professional, but I simply hope the manager and management address these issues with their house keeping staff.

Room Tip: Room, I believe, was non-smoking but it smelled of old smoke.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Yorktown Center, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. The situation you described regarding the cleanliness of your room is unacceptable. We are very sorry for your experience. As this hotel's manager, I assure you that I have met with our housekeeping staff to review cleanliness standards to ensure that your experience is not repeated. The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. Please contact me, at lom@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Mount Pleasant, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

I was only there for two days, but felt very pleased with my choice to book with Extended Stay. The location is fantastic, the room was beyond my expectations, the service was friendly, and I loved the bright atmosphere.

Room Tip: I booked on hotel.com for a $65/night queen suite and couldn't have been happier, though I was r...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Yorktown Center, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm glad that you were pleased with our location and the great service provided by our staff during your stay. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Loganville, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I stayed here for 17 weeks while working in the Lombard and Chicago area. My room was nice and as it should be, the ala carte internet at the ESA hotels always rubbed me wrong. I mean really how hard or how much could it cost to just give us all good internet. My neighbors were a transient family with a toddler who cried often, not the hotels fault. I found the toddler walking the halls alone one Sunday Morning and had to call police because family would not answer door. also not motels fault. The staff was great to me, except the big guy who worked nights, always seemed angry and stand offish. Nice area, close to mall and restaurants. All in all, if I work in the area again I would shop other hotels first, but would not exclude this hotel.

Room Tip: Always stay away from elevators
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Yorktown Center, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing experience with us. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our staff during your visit. Still, I apologize that our free Wi-Fi did not meet your expectations. As well, I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced regarding your neighboring guests. Your comments will be useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope that you will stay at our hotel or any of our other brand locations in the future.
St. Paul
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a three night business trip. I wanted to make my own breakfast so wanted a hotel with extended stay amenities. The staff, especially the night staff, was uninterested and bored to the point of rudeness. I realized as I unpacked my suitcase that the floor of my rooms, including the bathroom, had not been cleaned. There was lots of evidence of a prior resident, including what looked like kitty litter scattered around. So, there was probably a cat in the room before I got there as well, although the management might not have known that. There was soap residue in the soap holders in the bathroom, as well as more dust, hair and kitty litter on the bathroom floor.
The dishwasher was full of crumbs, especially around the top. All dishes had been put away with grease films and food residue still on them. I had to wash everything before I used anything.
I asked, twice, for the room to be vacuumed. Both times I was told that housekeeping would come in and touch things up. They never did arrive.
The drawers for clothes were stained in the bottoms, some had hairs in them. The knobs on the stove were loose and some fell off when I tried to use them.
Most channels on the TV were snowy, poor sound and impossible to watch.
I had a nonsmoking room and discovered on day two that a smoker had been put next door to me. I was at a very intensive, time consuming training session and got back rather late each evening, too tired to fight and ask to have my room moved, so decided just to tough it out. The rate was decent, $65.00 per night. I guess you get what you pay for in this place. Only good points were good wifi and what looked to be a clean bed. I did flip the mattress to see if any critters were climbing around - didn't see any, but time will tell.

Room Tip: No tips for a good room. I will never stay here again.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Yorktown Center, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. The experience you described is unacceptable and I am sorry that your room was unclean at check in and was not serviced when requested. In response, I am working with our staff to improve our cleaning procedures and am reviewing how we handle guest requests for additional cleaning. Still, I am glad that you liked your bed and our hotel's affordable rates.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

When we arrived at this hotel we were impressed by the massive room size. Lots of floor space (which was good because we had lots of luggage). We had only planned to stay the weekend, but I got the flu right away (wondering if the room was cleaned well?). I was barfing my guts out all weekend, but it may have been from the restaurant across the street. Well, the day I was vomiting, was the day I was supposed to take my grandchild to the pumpkin patch. I came all the way across the U.S. by car to take her, and I got the flu. That being said, with no maid service, I had to clean the floor and everything else by myself. Not good. They do provide maid service after 1 week, but I had to eliminate the germs fast or the rest of my trip would be ruined. Well, we enjoyed the use of the kitchen and we brought our own oatmeal, bread, biscotti, and instant coffee for breakfast. We had to cancel our resort reservations and stay there. I was glad we brought food for the resort, as we had food to eat in the room. It was a nice place to rest as it had living room furniture. Kind of 70's style, though. I also have to agree the mattresses are not comfortable at all. They did provide some drawers outside the bathroom and a mirror so someone could be getting ready while the other person showered. The bad thing was, when it was time to check out, they cancelled our key card before I could get my stuff out of the room at 10 minutes to 11. Checkout time is at 11. Why would they do that? I got pretty hot under the collar about it and not sure if I will stay there again. I wound up leaving half of my beverages there, I was so upset. We were trying to deliver something to someone and it held us up. Will have to check to see if there are better accommodations around there with people who know how to tell time. Here is the real nasty part though. We were coming back one evening and some middle eastern people drove up and the guy got out of the car with a white cloth sack that stunk to high heaven as I passed by. He delivered it to the room across the hall. The smell was unbearable--like a poisonous mushroom cloud every time we opened the door. I tried to spray the hall down with air freshener, but that stink bomb wouldn't go away. They finally brought an ionizing room cleaner after the guy checked out. I told the help about it early on, but they just ignored me. Never again. Too smelly--smells up all your clothes.

Room Tip: I didn't order room service--strike that.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

To keep it short, I stayed in one of their "suites" for a friend’s birthday get away. There was no room service nor was there a do not disturb sign. Each day we returned to unmade beds and no clean towels or tissue. The first night of our stay, one of the comforters on the bed was filthy and the rug on one of the sides of the bed looked like someone was involved in a bloody murder. To add insult to injury, when I asked for a new comforter I was told that I would have to wait until the morning for one because housekeeping was gone for the day. Alternatively, I could go downstairs in the middle of the night and get one from the front desk. I have never stayed in a hotel that did not bring you clean sheets and towels to your room that is a basic service.
On top of all of this, their iron, and wall clocks did not work and the tub as well as the toilet stayed clogged up. All and all I was not pleased or impressed with my stay at this substandard establishment and I wouldn’t recommend this place to a dog!!! If I could give this place a negative star, I would. Please avoid this place like the plague because it was not worth the astronomical fee that was charged.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
NORTH CAROLINA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Overall value could have been better. We had 2 rooms for 20 nights and would have liked a bit more of a discount based on length of stay. However, the size of the rooms, bathroom & kitchen was nice for all of us. It seemed more dog-friendly than kid-friendly though as the TV channels had nothing for kids. We were comfortable and the noise level low.

• Stayed October 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Yorktown Center, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you so much for posting your review for our property. I am pleased that you found the spaciousness of your guest room and kitchen to your standards. We are sorry we did not exceed your expectations on the tv channel but we are happy to read that we provide you with a comfortable stay overall.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again. Should you travels bring you back to our area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Yorktown Center? Share your experiences!