“Not Terrible but Nothing Special” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Yorktown Center

You added Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Yorktown Center to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Yorktown Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   260 E 22nd Street, Lombard, IL 60148 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Chicago - Lombard - Oak Brook)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Lombard
Nebraska
“Not Terrible but Nothing Special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

My buddy booked this hotel for the weekend of the Ryder Cup. We chose this hotel for the price and location as it was only about 20 minutes from Medina Country Club. The room was okay at best, the bed was fine but the furniture needs to be replaced. The hallway carpeting was badly worn and needed to be replaced. I woke up early the first morning around 5:30 and went down to the Lobby and everything was closed but there was a guy sleeping on the couch in the lobby. The staff was okay to deal with but much like the room, nothing special. The best part of my stay was that this was in a good location and the places I needed to go where not far away. We paid $99 a night for this hotel but it should have been priced more in the $69.00 price range.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
john016, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Yorktown Center, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disappointed to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please accept my sincere apology. We know that we did not get to be a member of America's number one family of extended stay hotels over night: we did it by focusing on one customer at a time. We know that a totally satisfied customer is one who will come back and stay with us again. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at lom@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

This location was the worst experience one could imagine. The hotel manager was rude and insulting, not wanting to answer any of my concerns. The phone lines were out of service for an entire week, (no incoming calls & could not dial out), there were no coffee cups for 3 days in the lounge, no sugar packets for the guests, (going on day 6). We are paying for a service that these "so-called" amenities are to be included, none are being fulfilled by the management staff here. New management team may be what is needed here. Complete waste of money for the lack of service....Disappointing experience!

Room Tip: Don't Stay Here, Biggest Waste of Money!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
john016, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Yorktown Center, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize for the inadequate response from the Hotel Manager, the telephone issues, as well as the lack of condiments at our coffee bar. I have spoken with my staff regarding the importance of being professional and polite to each and every guest and to ensure the coffee bar is well stocked at all times. In addition, I apologize for the telephone issues you encountered and these have since been resolved. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at LOM@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Great Staff/Manager, everyone goes above and beyond for their guests and it shows. The rooms are very accommodating for long stays, new flat screen T.V.'s. The grounds/outside are kept very clean and pleasing.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Yorktown Center, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice.

Mayfield Heights, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I have stayed at this unit three times and each has been an OK experience. Good price on Hotwire.com but these are basic efficiency rooms designed for extended stays. The guests will always be a mix of travelers, people on long work assignments and people living there. I like the layout with separate kitchenette, living area and sleeping area. Important to note that the rooms are only serviced once a week and when someone checks out. The room floor is partially carpeted and the balance is wood grained vinyl flooring. This does carry noise from the hall and the walls are not very well sound proofed. The biggest downside are the beds, the mattress is inexpensive and very firm. The rooms do have flat panel TVs with cable and HBO and DVD players are in each room. Breakfast is Otis Spunkmeyer bagels, muffins, apples and coffee, restaurants are a short drive away.

Room Tip: higher rooms have less noise from upper floor guests
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at our hotel. It is with great pride that we provide clean, comfortable rooms at affordable rates, which is why it was great to read you have continually returned to stay with us because of the room layouts, televisions and array of channels offered as well as the breakfast served each morning.

I would like to express my apologies about the beds. We know that a comfortable bed is our guest's most valued amenity, which is why we poll our guests on their satisfaction with our bedding. Although our company regularly invests in bedding upgrades, including pillow top mattresses, to respond to customer preferences, we need to keep getting feedback like yours in order to steer us in the right direction. I assure you that my hotel and all Extended Stay Hotels will continue to invest in our guest's comfort.

If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I stayed at this hotel this past Saturday night. I was very disappointed during my stay. The room is overall pretty clean, but the furniture is very old and rusty. The pools are not in working condition which was not mentioned when I was booking my stay. That is something I look forward to during each one of my hotel visits. They also do not offer breakfast on Weekends which is extremely unusual. The staff is not very friendly. I called the front desk late that night and asked if I would be able to check out about half hour later the next morning. She was very unprofessional and down right mean by saying "NO you may not and if you do want to check out at 11:30, you must pay for another night". What kind of a hotel does not offer a half hour late check out? Seems absurd. For the price that I paid, I might as well have paid 50 dollars more and went to the Holiday Inn down the street. This hotel would work wonders if the manangent was not so cheap and always looking for ways to cut costs. Seriously, no breakfast on weekends? C'mon now. And whats worst is that when I went downstairs to check out in the morning and asked to speak to a manager, the man told me that there was no manager on duty and to leave a number with him and they will call me back when they come in. Guess what, today is Sunday afternoon and still no phone call. I will be sure to let all my friends and co-workers know not to come to this place again. Being in business myself, I know first hand the steps that need to be taken to ensure customer satisfaction. Word of mouth is the biggest form of referal and I will stop by no means, to let each and every person know that when we come to this area again, to not lodge at Exteneded Stay Deluxe Lombard.

Room Tip: Don't book
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Yorktown Center, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay Deluxe Chicago - Lombard - Oak Brook. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your room. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.

I am eager to respond to your concerns regarding our hotel amenities. It is our mission to provide a clean, comfortable room at a great rate for business and leisure travelers. To that end, we don't put items like shampoo bottles, shower caps, or face lotions within a room prior to a guest's arrival. That's because although these things are perceived as being ""free"" at other hotels, you still end up paying for them in your nightly rate. However, given our commitment to your satisfaction, we do have a limited supply of complimentary sundries available upon request at the front desk. Doing business this way allows us to continue to offer great rooms at exceptional rates. I am truly sorry that we were unable to communicate our offering effectively to you before you arrived.

Lombard, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

When I first arrived at the extended stay in Lombard Illinois, I was not sure that I had made the right choice, but after being assisted by Ms Sue Hannigan, not knowing at the time she was there area operations manager, made. My choice the RIGHT one, between her and her staff, they treated me as if I was the President of the United States, at least that was how I felt. They have met all my necessary requirements to make my stay as comfortable as humily possible,

I am looking forward to my next stay, once again, i want to all thank the entire staff for doing an excellent job.

Mr. Rocco Jacobazzi
Roofing Concepts UNLIMINTED
www.rcu-inc.com
Retired CEO

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Yorktown Center, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay Deluxe Chicago - Lombard - Oak Brook. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
Ogden, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

This hotel was so disappointing. Though the location was good that is about all it had going for it and I found it overpriced for what I got. No maid service. Stayed three days, free wifi signal not strong enough to check email for more than 5 minutes, DVD player broken, fan in bathroom broken, baked on grease on pots in kitchenette, breakfast unacceptable, miniature muffins, and dry tasteless bagels, no real cream for coffee. Front desk staff unhelpful, even rude when I requested assistance for wifi. Uncomfortable bed, flimsy pillows. Loud room. Overall most uncomfortable hotel I have stayed in for years. I wish I would have booked at the Stay Inn right next door for far less.

Room Tip: Don't book here book elsewhere many other better choices nearby.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Yorktown Center, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

We specialize in providing clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price. That means we don't set out extra amenities like shampoo, lotions, shower caps, etc, in our rooms. However, our hotel does have a limited supply of sundries at the front desk, and we happily dispense them free of charge upon request. Operating in this way allows us to continue to provide you our great rooms at exceptional rates. However, I understand your concern, and assure you that we work very hard to explain exactly what we offer to our guests before they arrive. I am, of course, very sorry that we were unable to make our offerings more clear to you before you checked in, and hope that you will keep our hotel in mind when your future needs are for an accommodation like ours.

Been to Extended Stay America - Chicago - Lombard - Yorktown Center? Share your experiences!