“Great value and enjoyable stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Rate
SPECIAL DEAL CALL HOTEL
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Lombard
Kansas City, Kansas
“Great value and enjoyable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We were pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness of this motel. Rooms are smaller but well-kept, clean, and comfortable. We liked having the mini fridge in our room (2nd floor), and there is a microwave available for use in the lobby. The all-day coffee bar and ice water in the lobby were a nice touch, too. Friendly and pleasant staff. We originally had 4 days booked but extended to 6 nights, as we enjoyed our first night so much and decided we'd rather not move motels. Very good price and within reasonable drive into downtown Chicago. Also, the entire motel is smoke-free, which is a big plus for us!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with mini fridge if you want that
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
detroit
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

hot breakfast in the morning, a clean and safe place to stay. It is right on 22 behind the Westin and Yorktown. The room was quiet and the staff friendly. It is about 3 miles from the lombard train station to go to Chicago. I took the LaGrange station (about 7 miles away) because they have better parking and a nice downtown with shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: they have small friges in the rooms, which come in handy.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Melissa S, Front Office Manager at Stay Inn Lombard, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
I want to thank you for taking the time to review the Stay Inn Lombard. Please keep us in mind on your next visit.

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Booked to stay at the Stay Inn when visiting the region with family. Basic, mid range hotel, well kept and well located. It is very close to the Yorktown mall with access to shopping and a range of restaurants. It is also near the highways 88 and 355 so well connected overall. They had a basic breakfast included, nothing fancy. Rooms were OK. Good value for money. Courteous staff.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Thank you.
Hendersonville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I refuse to pay the rates for a room in downtown Chicago and with a little research found that the Stay Inn in Lombard was very reasonably priced and not that far a drive into the downtown area and to the local attractions. I noted that many reviewers mentioned the motel was clean, but I was still pleasantly surprised to see exactly how clean it was. The first thing that stood out was the carpet. I've rarely stayed in a motel that didn't make me want to keep my shoes on in the room. But not only was the carpet in the room clean and bright, the carpet in the hallways was too!

The beds were a little strange looking when we walked in and it gave me pause. The comforters had lumps in them from being laundered and it gave a strange appearance to the beds but it turned out the beds themselves were very comfortable. I have some health issues that make it difficult to sleep and I awake often with pain. I had a good nights sleep two of the three nights we were here and I attribute that to the quality of the mattresses. Nice!

There is a microwave and coffee available in the lobby 24/7, which made up for not having a microwave in the room but I did really miss having a mini-fridge in the room. I drink hot tea rather than coffee and they had the set up for tea alongside the coffee, but the hot water wasn't ever really hot except first thing in the morning. Perhaps there aren't enough tea drinkers like me to use it and consequently require it to be refilled during the day? If that's the problem, they need to just dump it out and refill it as it gets lukewarm.

The only thing I would say really needed improving is the breakfast. It was mediocre at best. They did change the menu a little each day, but there wasn't that much of a variety. The eggs were pretty much tasteless. And just once at a motel breakfast I'd like to find the pastries room temperature and not COLD, fresh out of the refrigerator. You can't put them in the toaster so you're stuck with cold pastry. Yuck.

We had a minor maintenance problem that was attended to very promptly. I was impressed with the quick response.

We did miss having a pool. When I booked this location I thought we'd be too busy and too tired at the end of the day to care, but turns out we could have made use of it. Seems most motels in Chicago don't have pools though for some reason.

Overall, great stay and I would happily stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Melissa S, Front Office Manager at Stay Inn Lombard, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Value Guest,

Thank you for your kind review on your recent stay with us. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay. We pride ourselves on our cleanliness and are always happy to see that our guests appreciate it. Thank you again! :)
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I am still talking about my stay at this hotel. It exceeded our expectations in every way.

If I had to have ONE complaint - the room was a tad bit small. It met our needs for our extended weekend in Chicago, however I would have liked a little more roaming room.

The room was clean (upon check-in and after housekeeping came in when we left). The breakfast was tasty and I appreciated the variety and hot options (not just your typical bagels & cereal).

We stayed on the 3rd floor right off the elevator and I have no complaints (I've read some about noise from the elevator and was worried a bit at first). The bed?! It slept like a dream. We both said we hadn't slept so well in a hotel in a very long time.

This location is ideal!!! I stayed in Downers Grove (a nearby suburb) a few years ago and was already familiar and Lombard did not disappoint! You are a straight shot into downtown and everything you could need is easily accessible (food, shopping, movies, etc.). I'd definitely stay here again, in a heart beat!

Thanks Stay Inn & thank you Hotwire for making my birthday weekend in Chicago one to remember. ((I also booked a car rental through Hotwire for this trip)) :) I've always used priceline and this was my first booking experience with Hotwire and I'll return, for sure!!

Room Tip: I enjoyed the 3rd floor...no other suggestions.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time in reviewing the Stay Inn Lombard. Your kind words are really appreciated and we are extremely happy that you enjoy your stay with us :).

Please keep us in mind when you are back in the area.

Thanks again.
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I booked this room via Hotwire and it was about $60 after taxes. The room and bathroom were all really clean. The location is great because you're close to all the highways and across the street from Yorktown mall. The breakfast is free and is tasty with a lot of options. I would stay here again. The only thing is they don't bring anything to your room, so if you need shampoo or an extra pillow, you have to go get it yourself which seemed kind of odd to me.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Valparaiso, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I was a little concerned about making a reservation at Stay Inn. It was a great low price, but I had expected the quality to be lower. It was not! It was a great deal and super accommodations. At many places I would have had to pay much more for the same atmosphere and amenities. Good job.

Room Tip: I don't know which room would be better than another. I always like rooms on the first floor so...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Been to Stay Inn Lombard? Share your experiences!