“Great Value!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 10 hotels in Lombard
Mount Sinai, New York
“Great Value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Reasonably-priced. Very clean. Well-maintained. Convenient location about 30-minutes west of Chicago. Close to lots of shopping and restaurants. Friendly staff. My constructive critique is that the breakfast offerings are just ok (but I did discover a wonderful breakfast-brunch-lunch place called Egg Harbor at the mall that's about 5-minutes away from the hotel). One other critique: the computer that's in the lobby for guests to use is interminably-slow. Overall, though, I highly-recommend this hotel!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
lombarddos, General Manager at Stay Inn Lombard, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Stay Inn Lombard. We appreciate your positive feedback. I will share your comments with my entire staff and use them as a guide to continue to improve upon our hotel. Thank you again and I hope you will choose the Stay Inn Lombard the next time you visit Chicago.

125 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Great staff. Clean room. Well maintained. 30 minutes away from Chicago. There are many restaurants in the area. The breakfast wasn't great but it was ok. Safe area. It doesn't have a restaurant but they offer (non expensive) room service.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
lombarddos, General Manager at Stay Inn Lombard, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Stay Inn Lombard. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will choose us again next time you vacation or visit Chicago.
Thanks again,
Deer Park, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

This hotel is definitely independent friendly. I love this hotel because of its great staff, services, and distance from NUHS-(National as it is called). I had a very long delay with Delta coming into the Windy City, and staff saw I was extremely jet-lag and let me check-in into my room a half hour early. Thank you so much. My room was very cool comaper to extreme weather we all been experiencing. This hotel felt as if I was visiting a great extended family member-which you really like to be around. OMG we cannot forget about the hot breakfast(for me this is a blessing being on a student budget-I love it! But really the food is good(try the homemade waffle when you visit). Maybe, I would like fruits(but that will attract fruit flies-so it best not to have them-plus if you go down on Highland(towards Roosevelt rd) there is a Jewel Osco food market-so one can pile high on the fruits.
Everything is so clean at this hotel--on the inside it looks as a four-star(my room with white sheets-very white sheets-so before you sleep on it, you know how clean it is! Forget that stupid comforters that some hotel stick by-you have the white sheets with a very comfortable bed( it knocked me out the first night easily.). This hotel is very close to Greek Island rest.- If you love Greek food, this is the place to eat-you guess right, they have home-cook food-yummy!!!. Try the gyro salad.
Stay Inn have a feature that everybody when here should try-they have comp. shuttle service within a five radii of the hotel--for me this got me to National and if I had more time I would have gone to Yorktown Mall or Oakbrook Mall. All these sites are walkable for one person, but not with children and in the summer(temps of 75 to 80 degrees).
If you love your 'me time' this is the place. If you love great company with locals this is the place, if you love a hot breakfast and great services this is the PLACE. Definitely, family-friendly. Thanks Stay Inn for making my visit in Lombard, Il grande!!!! I will def. be back and allow my family to stay there while they visit me at National.

Room Tip: I choose a king-size for two and it was very comfortable even though it was just me.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your compliments and feedback with our future guests. Your review was very thorough and will definitely help others when choosing where to stay in our area. I am very glad your enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to having you stay with us again. You can be assured I will share your comments with my entire staff. When you come back to the University or Chicagoland area, please give us a call directly to book your room. Thank you again!!
Olathe, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We arrived at about 9:30PM. The outside of the premises was clean and the landscape and grass pretty well maintained...often a first indicator.

the lobby area is crammed full of tables (for breakfast) so you kind of feel like you are entering a cafeteria. It is somewhat dated.

The desk manager was very friendly and welcoming when we arrived at the counter to check-in. I had called to confirm my reservation earlier and she was very friendly and patient on the phone.

We rode the elevator to our room on the 4th floor. The elevator was not very clean and there was a lot of filth in the threshold.

The hallway was pretty clean though you can the carpet needs some attention...a good cleaning for a start.

The room is pretty basic...and definitely dated, but the room was clean which was a huge relief. The comforter cover was weird...there were lumps in both the beds. The bathroom was clean (I always look at the corners and next to the tub...and all was fine). the beds are full size, not queen so be prepared for that. The HVAC unit is right under the window and seemed to work fine. The curtain did not extend down to the unit...so even very early in the morning...the light reflected off the top of the HVAC unit...and lit up the room. This is definitely something that could be fixed.

All in all it's a decent place to say and appropriately priced. I think the owners decided not to invest in a remodel to keep the Hampton's standard, so they opted to go with Stay Inn. They will be fine for a few years...but will gradually decline. The problem is that they are in a relatively affluent area close to higher end shopping and businesses...so business customers will be very skeptical of the price and stay away. I can also tell that they hire only bare minimum staff...which is why things are well-maintained over the course of the day. So, don't expect for them to clean off the tables in the dining area in the evening after someone leaves their garbage on it or for that spill to get cleaned up until housekeeping gets in the next day. It's not the staff's fault, it is a senior manager/owner issue and based on near-sighted cost cutting. They could charge $10 more a night...and simply maintain the hotel better...and keep it clean over the course of the day...and they will sell a lot more rooms. IT'S ABOUT THE CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE!!!!!

I might stay here again next week, but I can assure you that I won't stay here next year because I know that I caught them at the beginning of the end.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
lombarddos, General Manager at Stay Inn Lombard, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
I want to thank you for taking the time to review the Stay Inn Lombard. I will share with my housekeeping staff your compliments on the cleanliness of our guest rooms. I also appreciate knowing that the lobby was not maintained throughout the day and can now adjust the personnel to ensure this is taken care of in future. I would also like to address the beginning of the end of the hotel as you stated. We are currently in the process of rebranding the property and many exciting changes will be taking place this fall. So, we truly are nearing the end of the Stay Inn. I hope you will take a look at us again next year before deciding on choosing another hotel. Thank you again for your feedback, it will help future guests as well as help maintain the hotel at the levels our guests, management and ownership would expect.
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stayed here as it was close to the university we were visiting, the reviews were good and the price was excellent. I have to say we were not disappointed. Re-reading the reviews I note that several people have mentioned the outdated furniture or the old style television, but these are not that bad and quite frankly a television is a television. I would rather they were used than fill land fill sites and replaced with flat screens. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom had everything you needed from fluffy towels, soap, shampoo and conditioner. There was a hair dryer and facial tissues. In the wardrobe there was even an ironing board and iron - most impressive.

The breakfast bar had a good selection of toast, bagels, muffins. Orange juice, coffee and a hot choice of eggs plus something different every day. Yoghurt and cereals as well. (though I would have loved some natural non sweetened yoghurt). Not that keen on waffles but did have a go at making them on their two machines. I couldnt believe that they also provided coffee throughout the day and chocolate chip cookies. There is a computer in the lobby and you can even print which was excellent for us printing our boarding cards.

As non smokers we found the hotel wonderfully free of stale smoke, though I think they do have some smoking rooms (smokers you really must give up this disgusting habit!)

I have to say that for the money I am not sure how they do it, other than they always appeared to be full. I wouldn't hesitate in staying here again.

Just one tiny negative, the staff couldnt supply me with a cost for using the phone on a non local call - apart from that I have no complaints.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Stay Inn Lombard, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
I want to thank you for not only taking the time to write a review for the Stay Inn Lombard, but to also thank you for your compliments. Your review will help others choose the Stay Inn when visiting the Chicago area and are looking for comfort and the value you received. I hope that you return to visit, and stay with us again. I will share your valuable feedback with my staff. Have a wonderful summer.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

Good Location, Clean rooms, out dated decor and mediocre customer service.

The prices are very reasonable and you get a simple complimentary breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Mayfield Heights, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

First time in this hotel, it recently was re-branded to a Stay Inn. The room was clean and Ok, the bed was a little too soft for my back. The one item that showed me that help was needed was the comforter, when I entered the room I could not figure out what was wrong with the bed, it was covered with very large lumps. Apparently they had washed them and they were either cheap or old and all of the filling had merged into masses making it useless unless you like hot and cold spots.

The breakfast was nice, with a mixture of eggs that they changed styles daily, yogurt, cereal and granola, bagels and make your own waffles. Nice lobby area with a work center. I travel frequently and may be a little more critical of small details but I found the overall experience good and may consider staying here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
lombarddos, General Manager at Stay Inn Lombard, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Stay Inn Lombard, we value your opinions. The Stay Inn actually changed brands from Hampton Inn 1.5 years ago. However, we continue to strive to keep our guests satisfied with their stay. I apologize if your stay was anything less than satisfactory. I am very glad you enjoyed our breakfast and I hope you will consider choosing the Stay Inn again upon your next visit to our area. Thank you again!
Michelle Seamon

Been to Stay Inn Lombard? Share your experiences!