“disappointing snacks/great hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Midland, Michigan
“disappointing snacks/great hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I love the Embassy Suites chain as you get a lot of hotel. The rooms were amazing as every location. Very clean. My biggest complaint was that they really skimped on the snacks. We were there on a soccer tourney weekend, so it was pretzels, nacho chips, and salsa that were whisked away before snack time was over. I have stayed at many locations, and this was by far the saddest snack situation ever. The breakfast was great. The people at the front desk were great except for one lady that didn't have a ton of patience. The Wi-Fi was difficult to use. I am a ES member, so I got free Wi-Fi; however, my code would not work. Wi-Fi very spotty in the rooms, but it was solid in public areas.

Room Tip: stay on the second floor. the stairs are useful but only accessible from this floor.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Wasilla, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

The staff waas very helpful, property was booked during our stay so very busy - the staff handled breakfast very well - would definately stay again - prices could come down a bit! The overall location of the hotel is extremeyl good as there is MANY reasturant and shopping facalities around - also lots of hotels with competitive pricing!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Wausau, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Stayed during Jun 20-22. There was no greeting from anyone at the entrance door since we walked to check in. The receptionist looks like she was angry to see us there. We booked non-smoke room but as soon as we step into the room, we smell very strong cigaret scent. There are too many guests during weekend that we stayed. Pool was packed with a lot of kids played so rough and jumped into the pool like they own it, of course no parent supervise them. I gave coupon to the person in charge once I get in, then I made a plate for my 2 years old daughter. Once I returned back to make a plate for myself, the same staff came to ask me if I gave her the breakfast coupon. Pancake, Scrambled Egg, Bacon, Sausages were cold and not tasty. The cleanliness is excellent.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Page, AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

The pool entry is ONLY by two shaky ladders that are difficult for elderly people to maneuver. They have a "lift" in which you would be lowered to the pool and TOTALLY HUMILIATED! Too crowded - too many family reunions and buses and those people eat everything in sIght - like they have never eaten in public before. Also, VERY NOISY

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I will give them 2 starts maybe I should just give them 1! Yes I'm going to give them 1!

Check in was all bad. Diamond Members be aware.

They don't change the TV so you can play your game system, which all Embassy Suites do. I hate they changed the TV where you have to buy movies. That's one!

Don't expect free breakfast like all the other embassy suites they gave me a coupon. I wonder what they give people with familys. I always ate free breakfast at all embassy suites. I have been to over a 100 of them. That's Two!

Please bring your own drinks and snacks because there little stores closes after a certain time. I have never seen that. They must don't like to make money in the middle of the night. Oh they will give you water. That's 3 strikes I was out. But I have a 4.

Please whatever you do don't ask them to bring a bell cart up. Lmao the guy told me there right here. ( meaning come down stairs and get it your self) when I know they have a bell man. Diamond Members be aware.

Room was Ok. It was clean. In the morning around 8:30 am someone was beating on the walls or something.

I just checked out and went back down the street to the Marriott.

Better service free food open store and I can play PS3.

I will not return to many WE DO NOTS.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

This was my second stay at this property, it has been renovated since my last stay. The front desk staff were very warming and friendly. The location is great, plenty of choices for dining and shopping are close by. Unfortunately I missed breakfast due to an early flight. So I cannot elaborate on that. I did leave an item and luckily I was able to recover it, thanks to housekeeping. I will definitely revisit this property!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Montgomery, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Can't go wrong with this Hotel. Practically walking distance from Interstate, and amenities cannot be beat. Complimentary Happy Hour (actually two hours) is outstanding and this was also the case with the complimentary breakfast experience. I actually hated leaving, but all good things must come to an end.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Chicago - Lombard / Oak Brook? Share your experiences!