“Wonderful stay!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Columbus, Ohio
“Wonderful stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

My partner and I stayed for a weekend getaway, and to celebrate her birthday. From start Kelli at the desk was great, she checked us in quickly and set us up in a room on a high floor, far away from a large block of rooms in town to party. It seemed like we were the only people staying on our floor, which was so nice! John the bellman was awesome; he was very friendly and professional and helped us up to our room. A little while later he brought us up a bucket of beers to celebrate my partner's birthday!
We ordered room service three times during the stay, and each time the food arrived quickly, tasted good, and service was great. The only thing I would change about that experience would be the salmon club I ordered. I was expected cooked salmon, and the menu didn't specify, so I was disappointed when the club arrived stacked inches high with cold smoked salmon. Sadly, I couldn't even finish it, it was just not for me at all. I know I could have called back and I'm sure they would have replaced it with something else, but I simply wish the menu had specified; I should have asked, though. That said, breakfast and dinners were both amazing. My waffle at breakfast was stacked two high, a nice surprise! The steak I had for dinner was perfect.
The room was beautiful and clean. The bed was so amazing, and I'd buy one of my own from them if I could afford one! We had two amazing nights' sleep, the shower was fantastic and service was superb.
It is conveniently located, out of the city, but close enough to park and ride the train into Chicago, which we did several times. We also went to the Hollywood Casino in Aurora (40 minutes from the hotel) one night.
We had planned for this trip to Chicago to be a one-time thing, but due in part to a great stay at this hotel, we are considering returning and will absolutely stay at this Westin again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
marilgri, Manager at Westin Lombard Yorktown Center, responded to this review, January 24, 2011
We appreciate the wonderful feedback. I am truly delighted that our staff was able to provide such wonderful and attentive service to make your stay truly special.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
s.forida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

We recently stayed one night for a wedding. New Years Eve to be precise. We were very happy with our accomodations. the bed so very comfrotable, the room clean. We were worried that it would be lous as you can hear activity int he hallway . we were lucky that our neighbors were quiet. I would request to be placed in the quiet section of the hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2010

We went to Westin Lombard the 21st to the 23rd. This was the perfect time because occupancy was low and we have 3 small children.We had the pool, workout room and the whole hotel to ourselves. This hotel has the best staff. Jeff, David, and Bill were everywhere and did every thing. They told us places to go and drove us to the mall. The kids loved the big bus. We only had 2 small complaints. The pool was a little cold and the smoke detector in the room had a couple of flashing lights that would go off a couple times a minute. This is a little annoying in the middle of the night. Overall a fantastic hotel that we plan on coming back to!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear our guests are very well cared for by our associates. We look forward to your returned visit to The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center.
Copper Country, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2010

This newer Westin was a good choice for the conference I was attending. I had to arrive early and staff was able to accommodate me checking in around 7AM. Staff I interacted with were always pleasant and helpful. The room was in perfect shape! The heavenly bed concept they advertise doesn't impress me all that much but I slept well. It has a minibar and safe. I was surprised that such a higher end hotel didn't offer robes. The building itself seems well constructed as there was no noise from adjoining rooms. The gym had 5 treadmills (among the other equipment) which meant no waiting. I did not eat in any of the restaurants. Room service seems vastly overpriced at this property. I mean room service is always expensive but here there was a $4.50 delivery charge, taxes, and 17% gratuity. Delivery charge AND gratuity? Ridiculous. Food offered at the conference was good though.

Here's a tip for those coming from O'Hare; Beware of taxi scams. Book your transportation ahead of time with one of the limo companies. I found out later that Windy City Limousine (which the hotel recommends) has a rate of $29 each way. I paid $54 from O'Hare and then negotiated a rate of $39, with a local taxi company, for the way back. I heard stories there of taxi companies charging as much as $79 each way. Also watch out for what seems to be unlicensed taxi/limo companies operating at the hotel. One taxi I was offered had no meter and no signs and the driver just made up the rate. Plus he had what looked like drug paraphernalia in his vehicle. AND this was arranged for me by the hotel?? I made sure I didn't get this person on the way back and I was careful from then on what vehicles I got into - whether or not the hotel called it or not.

The hotel is right next to the Yorktown mall and Target for a little shopping plus it's a short taxi ride to the Oak Brook Center mall.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2010

I stayed here for six nights earlier in November and made a reservation through Expedia which included club level floor and a rental car for an average of $155/night. I was a little worried when I made this reservation because I had a series of meetings in downtown Chicago during the week. And yes, traffic is bad--so I left early for a 1hour commute to downtown to get there in time.

But I am glad I stayed here. I had a lovely room in a new facility. Close to good shopping and restaurants. And excellent and professional staff. I would stay here again--really nice hotel!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Grand Rapids, MI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2010

Came here for a business trip. Pulled back the bedding once we got to the room, and saw what looked like spots of blood on the sheets - on both double beds! We called down, and they offered to send someone to change the sheets, or put us in a new room. We took the new room (not a good sign that housekeeping didn't care about clean sheets, so what else hadn't been cleaned in the room...)

They moved us across the hall, and I kid you not, my husband looked at the second double bed, and there was a crusty yellow stain right on the top sheet on the fold over of the blanket. It was large, and obvious. Disgusting. I've never had that experience before.

I went down to the lobby at this point and they did move us into a large suite. The woman at the front desk said she would call the room in 5 minutes to make sure everything was okay. She never called.

Also, the second bed in the original room was supposed to be for my daughter, and when we got into the suite, there was a separate bedroom with king size bed, but a pull out sofa bed for her. They didn't say anything about that downstairs. And when we pulled it out, there wasn't even a sheet on it. We had to ask them later to make it up as a bed. At this point, we were exhausted from traveling, and just gave up.

We called for more blankets too, since they just had a thin one for her, and we never got them.

Very disappointing experience at what is supposed to be a higher end Westin. At over $220/nt, it should at least have clean sheets on the beds.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Plainfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

From the moment we arrived it so relaxing. My husband and I were going for a quick night away from the kids and this was the perfect hotel. It is close to get shopping and food. Our rooms were very clean and the beds are exactly what they describe them as, hevanly. This has since become our favorite hotel to escape for a fast night away!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Westin Lombard Yorktown Center? Share your experiences!